IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

My 2022 IS 500 F Sport - White on red interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-22, 07:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Definitely worth the wait. Congrats, eh!
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 12:43 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
white is the best color? Do you think potatoes are the best food? Haha jk
Actually, potato chips are....
Old 04-14-22, 08:44 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Just a quick update, not the best quality pic but I just wanted to show a small change I did inside - I never liked the ML ***** as I don't like that "whitish" finish given that the gear shifter **** has that "brushed metal" look as with the drive selector mode, and if you look on Page 2, even our window and door lock section area doesn't have the black geometric trim but again, that brushed metal look (I know, it's not metal). In fact, it even blends better with the little ring around the air vent and such, so this pull and push modification was worth the extra 50$ Cdn I paid for both. I know I am OCD and could have used that 50$ on a few box of donuts like DLPTony posted but I will manage to keep my svelte figure while Tony is sweating to the oldies to burn his calories to try and look like me (lol)

Also, I know the color of the red didn't come out right, it was the setting on my phone I think but just posted for the showing the **** which are basically the OEM ***** from the non-ML system

Last edited by wthrman2; 04-14-22 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Edited the pic to remove the flashlight in the pic :)
Carolina50 (04-14-22)
Old 04-14-22, 09:08 AM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Just a quick update, not the best quality pic but I just wanted to show a small change I did inside - I never liked the ML ***** as I don't like that "whitish" finish given that the gear shifter **** has that "brushed metal" look as with the drive selector mode, and if you look on Page 2, even our window and door lock section area doesn't have the black geometric trim but again, that brushed metal look (I know, it's not metal). In fact, it even blends better with the little ring around the air vent and such, so this pull and push modification was worth the extra 50$ Cdn I paid for both. I know I am OCD and could have used that 50$ on a few box of donuts like DLPTony posted but I will manage to keep my svelte figure while Tony is sweating to the oldies to burn his calories to try and look like me (lol)

Also, I know the color of the red didn't come out right, it was the setting on my phone I think but just posted for the showing the **** which are basically the OEM ***** from the non-ML system

whats the grey **** thing on the passenger side in front of seat?
Old 04-14-22, 09:23 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I was going to edit the image to cut that out but it is not car related, it is simply a "flashlight" that I had on the floor on the car (lol) - Sorry for confusion
Old 04-14-22, 09:26 AM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

^^ I was going to edit the image to cut that out but it is not car related, it is simply a "flashlight" that I had on the floor on the car (lol) - Sorry for confusion
haha. Sorry us IT guys see everything 🤣
DLPTony (04-17-22)
Old 04-14-22, 09:35 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

(note to self...don't leave my dirty underwear on the car floor) - Funny that after you said it and I looked at the pic, I could see how it appeared as if it was integrated on the side of the dash/console.
giS (04-14-22)
Old 04-14-22, 06:05 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

On a semi related note, I forgot to mention that with the volume/tuning ****, I had also received my LCA bushings that I will have installed in a few weeks once the dealer has the software installed for the IS 500 on their alignment machne (It is a Toyota Dealer so they didn't have it yet) and the exhaust gaskets IN CASE the CEL codes pop up. Funny how something so innocent has caused so much grief to so many
giS (04-16-22)
Old 04-17-22, 04:27 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,891 Posts

I know I am OCD and could have used that 50$ on a few box of donuts like DLPTony posted but I will manage to keep my svelte figure while Tony is sweating to the oldies to burn his calories to try and look like me (lol)
LOL!! Whatever it takes to achieve my goal!

One correction, it’s books on tape, not music. I don’t want to be there to begin with, so my mind has to be transported elsewhere until I’m done. 😜

I don’t know how I missed this thread either, but I was super excited to read through the Weatherman Chronicles and get caught up! So glad you had more devils than angels in your ear and got this car. 😈

Originally Posted by giS
haha. Sorry us IT guys see everything 🤣
Say it louder for the folks in the back. 😂🤣😂🤣
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
giS (04-17-22), wthrman2 (04-17-22)
Old 05-14-22, 05:37 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Hey everyone, a quick update on my IS 500. As of today, I am at 780 km so I am getting closer to the break in period and pretty excited to get to that milestone although I don't expect I will be reckless and flock the throttle unless my cane gets wedged in there or my hip locks up (lol)

I am still loving this car so much and can't get over how a car with that much power can also act as such a comfortable daily driver - It really says a lot about Lexus engineering and how they worked hard to offer us the best of both world. I will say that our 2017 Elantra needed to be changed this year, we bought it in May 2016 so it was actually 6 years old this spring and didn't want to push my luck as so far, we haven't put anything on the car except a set of front brake pads back in February of this year. I was really debating getting a new Elantra but the divider handle between the driver seat and passenger seat was a deal breaker for the gf. We had decided to go with an Forte as it was a more conventional design and a gorgeous interior for the price point. Just out of nowhere, she ended up expressing an interest in a "nice weather car" for herself too and decided she would spend a bit more to get a car she really liked (design) which is the 2022 Corolla SE with teh upgraded package that gives us lots of goodies in Canada - She didn't want the digital cluster so this worked out perfectly. Upon inspecting the car while detailing it last night and this morning, the extra cost for a Corolla certainly was warranted in the quality of the material and how well built this car is. Keep in mind, she doesn't want a fast car, she wanted something reliable, stylish and still somewhat fun to drive and boy did Toyota deliver.

On a side note, seeing her wheels on hers made me realize that I prefer my OEM wheels from my 350 so I will order myself a set next week. My dealer is giving me a good deal so I decided to change it up. Too bad they don't offer a trade-in program but I might put an add in Kijiji and see if anyone wants to buy them but if not, I'll just hold on to them.

The following 6 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (05-14-22), arentz07 (05-15-22), Carolina50 (05-14-22), DLPTony (05-15-22), MYIS500 (11-05-22), Shoeboy4 (05-14-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-14-22, 05:46 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 839 Likes on 405 Posts

Good choice for the GF!!
I had the feeling you would swap the wheels! :P
wthrman2 (05-14-22)
Old 05-14-22, 05:51 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Yeah, was debating on whether to swap the wheels or the GF, after a cost analysis, decided to go with the wheels (LMAO)
DLPTony (05-15-22)
Old 05-15-22, 04:07 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,891 Posts

Yeah, was debating on whether to swap the wheels or the GF, after a cost analysis, decided to go with the wheels (LMAO)
BWAHAHAHA!! Hateful to the core. 🤣

ULTRA-congrats to the GF! I personally think the Corolla was the better choice. Between the build quality, a better dealer network experience, and its looks…you can’t go wrong. Great job. 👍🏽

EDIT: Forgot to add a note about the IS 500. I have no words for how much I love this car. It’s just right.
wthrman2 (05-15-22)
Old 11-05-22, 01:43 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 367 Likes on 169 Posts

I prefer my OEM wheels from my 350 so I will order myself a set next week. My dealer is giving me a good deal so I decided to change it up. Too bad they don't offer a trade-in program but I might put an add in Kijiji and see if anyone wants to buy them but if not, I'll just hold on to them.
I am a newbie here. Do you still have the stock wheels laying around? My IS 500 arrives in December hopefully, and will have the flat black upgraded wheels and I prefer the 2022 stock wheels like yours. Thank you just the same.
The following 2 users liked this post by MYIS500:
DLPTony (11-05-22), wthrman2 (11-06-22)
Old 11-06-22, 05:37 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I do, I was going to hold on to them in case but seriously considering letting them go. There are a few interested but if they turn them down, should I decide to let them go, i will let you know for sure...
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
DLPTony (11-06-22), Kanpai (11-06-22), MYIS500 (11-06-22)

Quick Reply: My 2022 IS 500 F Sport - White on red interior