IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Allotment delayed - IS500 Premium

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-22, 04:55 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

^^ ..and thank you for the kick in the pants when I almost backed away from mine (lol)
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (03-27-22), giS (03-27-22)
Old 03-29-22, 06:22 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
^^ if it was due to arrive at the dealer theses days, it means it's probably build since a lil while and at the port waiting to get stuff installed on and shipped to dealer. They maybe have a backlog at port installations or are prioritising other models, but to me it's pretty clear the car has landed on the continent.
There are only two ways to, with 100% certainty, know that the car was unloaded from a vessel and is on US soil.
1. Have your dealer check on Dealer Daily for the status of the vehicle. They can see vessel arrival dates and whether or not it has arrived.
2. The solo method. If you have the car added on the Lexus app, remove it. Then re-add by entering the vin, BUT, before you go through the whole process of actually adding it, directly after entering the vin, you should be presented with a screen where one of the options is "Vehicle Capabilities". Click that, and if under that you see all of the Enform services, then the car is on US soil. If you don't see Enform, and only see Apple Carplay and another 1 or two things, then it is still on a ship or in Japan.

Side note, over the weekend I was fortunate enough to go visit the Jacksonville Port Processing and Distribution center and it is something truly amazing how they have a system for everything. Super organized yet complicated. When I went there were easily over 2000 Toyota CH-Rs waiting to be processed and only a small handful of Lexus vehicles waiting to be processed. As a person waiting for your car, you're like "wtf. Why does my car take so many days to get processed at the port". But once you see it with your own eyes, even factoring the enormous processing facility, you really understand why it takes so long.

And an ever further side note, the facility is probably in the worst area of town so I'm surprised they haven't stolen the wheels off our cars at some point.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (03-29-22)
Old 03-29-22, 11:21 AM
topdunn
Rookie

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
There are only two ways to, with 100% certainty, know that the car was unloaded from a vessel and is on US soil.
1. Have your dealer check on Dealer Daily for the status of the vehicle. They can see vessel arrival dates and whether or not it has arrived.
2. The solo method. If you have the car added on the Lexus app, remove it. Then re-add by entering the vin, BUT, before you go through the whole process of actually adding it, directly after entering the vin, you should be presented with a screen where one of the options is "Vehicle Capabilities". Click that, and if under that you see all of the Enform services, then the car is on US soil. If you don't see Enform, and only see Apple Carplay and another 1 or two things, then it is still on a ship or in Japan.

Side note, over the weekend I was fortunate enough to go visit the Jacksonville Port Processing and Distribution center and it is something truly amazing how they have a system for everything. Super organized yet complicated. When I went there were easily over 2000 Toyota CH-Rs waiting to be processed and only a small handful of Lexus vehicles waiting to be processed. As a person waiting for your car, you're like "wtf. Why does my car take so many days to get processed at the port". But once you see it with your own eyes, even factoring the enormous processing facility, you really understand why it takes so long.

And an ever further side note, the facility is probably in the worst area of town so I'm surprised they haven't stolen the wheels off our cars at some point.
This is super helpful and I tried your method through the lexus app and THERE SHE IS. - reassuring that its in country and on the way. WHOOP
Old 03-29-22, 11:25 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by topdunn
This is super helpful and I tried your method through the lexus app and THERE SHE IS. - reassuring that its in country and on the way. WHOOP
thats why they call him tipsytonio, cause he has a lot of tips
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
TipsyTonio (03-30-22), topdunn (03-29-22)
Old 03-30-22, 05:08 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
thats why they call him tipsytonio, cause he has a lot of tips
Lmao I never thought of it like that but hey, "Picasso, I like it"
topdunn (03-30-22)
Old 04-04-22, 06:19 PM
topdunn
Rookie

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

So far so good ! My guy says I’ll have my USB on black between 4/15 and 4/20. Lines up with the confirmation I got from a second dealer Willing-to look up the vin #.

I can barley stand myself.

anybody else who’s waiting… got any good news?
The following 4 users liked this post by topdunn:
Answer (04-05-22), Fman2118 (04-04-22), giS (04-05-22), wthrman2 (04-05-22)
Old 04-05-22, 04:12 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am excited for you I think most of the IS 500 loyalist have all got theirs or about to, and I am super happy on how things worked out given how uncertain this car market is lately!! I have extremely limited seat experience on it so far but will certainly be out for another spin later today and can't wait! I might even wear my pink leather pants for the occasion (lol) - Just kidding and trying to tease Carolina
giS (04-05-22)
Old 04-05-22, 08:14 AM
martkat
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts

Just received a call from Kirk Martells at Nalley Lexus in Smyrna, GA checking to make sure I was still interested in a IS 500. I asked if they had any in transit or any notification of their upcoming allotment(s) and he said no, but that he will stay in touch and reach out as soon as he gets any updates.

Guess that's better than no effort at all. I did remind him that I would not be willing to pay for any market adjustments on top of MSRP.
Old 04-06-22, 09:16 AM
hashmanx
Driver School Candidate

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by martkat
Just received a call from Kirk Martells at Nalley Lexus in Smyrna, GA checking to make sure I was still interested in a IS 500. I asked if they had any in transit or any notification of their upcoming allotment(s) and he said no, but that he will stay in touch and reach out as soon as he gets any updates.

Guess that's better than no effort at all. I did remind him that I would not be willing to pay for any market adjustments on top of MSRP.
Nalley Lexus Smyrna sells at MSRP + $1200 for Resistall (exterior and interior coating) which is mandatory non negotiable.
martkat (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 10:07 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

The only Resistall that applies to me is "resist all" dealers that pull that crap on customers
The following 5 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Caledrith (04-06-22), Kanpai (04-06-22), martkat (04-06-22), TipsyTonio (04-07-22), V8Senpai (04-06-22)
Old 04-07-22, 08:13 AM
martkat
Pit Crew

Default Hennessy Lexus Atlanta

I called Hennessy Lexus Atlanta today and they want to schedule an appointment to have me come in and give them a $2000 deposit for my IS 500.

When I said I was on a list with 2 other Lexus dealerships (Priority/VA + Nalley/GA) to get a IS 500 they said that without having given a deposit and then the dealer reaching out to Lexus about the unit they would like to get it would be a roll of the dice if I would ever receive my specific car from these other dealers.

They believe they will be able to put the request out to Lexus for my specific GW on black IS 500 and have the car in an expected 5 months or so. They claim to have sold more IS 500 cars than any other GA dealer (6 or 7 units I believe). They currently have two other customers that have given deposits for a IS 500.

They said they do not add any market adjustment to MSRP and that my deposit is 100% refundable.

Thoughts?
Old 04-07-22, 08:19 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

I called Hennessy Lexus Atlanta today and they want to schedule an appointment to have me come in and give them a $2000 deposit for my IS 500.

When I said I was on a list with 2 other Lexus dealerships (Priority/VA + Nalley/GA) to get a IS 500 they said that without having given a deposit and then the dealer reaching out to Lexus about the unit they would like to get it would be a roll of the dice if I would ever receive my specific car from these other dealers.

They believe they will be able to put the request out to Lexus for my specific GW on black IS 500 and have the car in an expected 5 months or so. They claim to have sold more IS 500 cars than any other GA dealer (6 or 7 units I believe). They currently have two other customers that have given deposits for a IS 500.

They said they do not add any market adjustment to MSRP and that my deposit is 100% refundable.

Thoughts?
@DLPTony isnt this the dealer you were originally dealing with? Didn’t they have a $1500 or so “protection” plan that is required? I could be wrong
Old 04-07-22, 08:24 AM
martkat
Pit Crew

Nalley Lexus is the closest dealer to me where they also said they would sell at MSRP and someone else chimed in to let me know that they add a mandatory Resistall protection package. This Hennessy Lexus is also in the Atlanta area just a good bit farther from me compared to Nalley.
Old 04-07-22, 08:27 AM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Thoughts?
The deposit to me isn’t the issue. It’s all the smoke and mirrors of “request to Lexus” and “we sold the most is 500’s”. That all sounds like car salesmenship garbage to me.
Old 04-07-22, 08:31 AM
martkat
Pit Crew

If felt that vibe too. I really don't mind leaving a deposit but it just seemed odd that both the other dealers (Nalley/Priority) said they had no idea what IS 500 cars they would receive and that there was no way to order any specific model of IS 500.
giS (04-07-22)

Quick Reply: Allotment delayed - IS500 Premium