IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance. Part 2 2022 Sales & Delivery Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-22, 01:13 PM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Nothing official. Probably about 1000. Subtract the ones without a separating front apron or a faulty exhaust gasket, and probably about 100 that were built correctly.

Edit: In defense of Lexus, no manufacturer is building cars correctly now. Everyone is cutting costs. Bad time to buy.
****, if that’s the case, I have one of the 100, no gasket issues and no front apron issue.

Also, despite the people sad about the markup, I don’t mind the 5k on mine now that people cannot get any right now.
The following 2 users liked this post by tapjoy:
giS (06-15-22), wthrman2 (06-15-22)
Old 06-15-22, 01:14 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
i never noticed that and i think that is my interior you showed (lol) Luckily, i just listen to Willie's Roadhouse so need to surf through a preset of 1 lol
It was a random 2021 IS350 from carmax.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (06-15-22)
Old 06-15-22, 01:23 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by tapjoy
****, if that’s the case, I have one of the 100, no gasket issues and no front apron issue.

Also, despite the people sad about the markup, I don’t mind the 5k on mine now that people cannot get any right now.
I think I said this before. Don’t let anyone make you feel some sorta way bc you paid $5k markup. You got your car and 1,000’s of people who wanted one. Don’t.
The following 2 users liked this post by giS:
tapjoy (06-15-22), wthrman2 (06-15-22)
Old 06-15-22, 01:47 PM
jkstew1
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Questions

So when an allocation becomes available at a dealer do they just put an order for what they want or does the customer get called and they tell them the color combo they want. When I got my allocation for my C8 I got to pick every little detail I wanted or did not want.

Does anyone know who the largest Lexus dealers are in PA, MD, OH, and MI?
Old 06-15-22, 01:52 PM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jkstew1
So when an allocation becomes available at a dealer do they just put an order for what they want or does the customer get called and they tell them the color combo they want. When I got my allocation for my C8 I got to pick every little detail I wanted or did not want.

As of now, the dealer gets what they get. If you have your name on a list, the dealer calls/emails you and tells you what they have. If you want it, you got it. But if not, they go down their list.
giS (06-15-22)
Old 06-15-22, 01:59 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

^^ or if you have a good dealer, once he has one color combo allocated, if its not what you want, he will look to trade with another dealer well in advance. The pickin is slim so there might still be some compromise, like in my case, had to take a red interior.

Macmaster...gotcha, i thought it was mine given i had changed my tuning ***** lol
Old 06-15-22, 02:05 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

As of now, the dealer gets what they get. If you have your name on a list, the dealer calls/emails you and tells you what they have. If you want it, you got it. But if not, they go down their list.
This is correct.

Think of the Lexus factory workers like sushi chefs, and your Lexus is like a piece of sushi. They'll make what they want for you, not the other way around. You want the fatty tuna, the IS500, but they keep giving you lean tuna!!

Old 06-15-22, 02:36 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts
Cool

plus building a good relationship with your dealership’s leadership team, is huge. Catch more IS500’s with honey v vinegar.
The following 2 users liked this post by giS:
Carolina50 (06-15-22), wthrman2 (06-15-22)
Old 06-15-22, 04:12 PM
GeoFSPORT
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

To add a little more detail, they have not opened customer orders back up where you can order a custom spec. Dealerships cannot even spec out vehicles as well. Lexus builds what they can and with what parts (packages/options) they have, and then they release their allocation lottery list twice a month to the dealers. Unfortunately this includes colors too.
giS (06-15-22)
Old 06-16-22, 05:52 PM
jkstew1
4th Gear

Is that with all of their vehicles or just the IS500? It makes no sense to me. Chevrolet has the same issues and you can sill order one. Now sometimes when your allocation comes up certain features may not be available and you can order it without those features or let the next person in line move ahead of you.
Old 06-16-22, 05:54 PM
jkstew1
4th Gear

It would also be helpful to those of us waiting if everyone could post where they bought their IS500, did you pay sticker, and how was your experience with that particular dealer.
Old 06-16-22, 06:03 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 988 Likes on 473 Posts

Is that with all of their vehicles or just the IS500? It makes no sense to me. Chevrolet has the same issues and you can sill order one. Now sometimes when your allocation comes up certain features may not be available and you can order it without those features or let the next person in line move ahead of you.
Lexus and Toyota both don't allow custom orders. Hell, even Hyundai doesn't. With the IS500, the only "options" were exterior and interior color, and that was basically a luck of the draw.

To answer your other post, you can throw out what people paid before because it will be a whole new market. All the dealers near me are now "MSRP only - no markups" but I expect that to change if/when the IS500 comes back around.
giS (06-16-22)
Old 06-16-22, 06:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Ordering is not really ordering. It’s putting your name on a list and they call you when something close comes in. This is how Toyota and Lexus have ALWAYS done things. You just never noticed because supply always exceeded demand.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
DLPTony (06-17-22), wthrman2 (06-17-22)
Old 06-16-22, 06:28 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,352 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Lexus and Toyota both don't allow custom orders. Hell, even Hyundai doesn't. With the IS500, the only "options" were exterior and interior color, and that was basically a luck of the draw.

To answer your other post, you can throw out what people paid before because it will be a whole new market. All the dealers near me are now "MSRP only - no markups" but I expect that to change if/when the IS500 comes back around.
I built my ES and my IS online and the dealer ordered/delivered that car to me. I dont know if that is a "custom" order, but it was custom enough for me.
Old 06-16-22, 09:14 PM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 284 Likes on 142 Posts

It would also be helpful to those of us waiting if everyone could post where they bought their IS500, did you pay sticker, and how was your experience with that particular dealer.
I bought mine at sticker, plus some port addons (illuminated sills, all weather mats), at Lexus of Tuscon Speedway. It was incredibly easy, I flew into Tuscon from southern CA in the evening and got a hotel room. They sent a uber/lyft to pick me up from the hotel room and my car was there and ready for me. They showed me all the tech stuff, we signed the paperwork, they only asked me once if I wanted some kind of coating and I said no thanks, they didn't push or anything. It was a lovely experience.

Last edited by Renault; 06-16-22 at 09:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Renault:
macmaster (06-16-22), wthrman2 (06-17-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance. Part 2 2022 Sales & Delivery Discussions