IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance. Part 2 2022 Sales & Delivery Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-22 | 04:57 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I've fixed your small error for you buddy -> 500 + Hero Spec + tight spandex = Attention Magnet
LOL!! Always looking out. 🤘🏽😜
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (08-01-22)
Old 08-01-22 | 07:10 PM
95bat
Racer

Pics or it didn't happen
DLPTony (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 04:04 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 95bat
Pics or it didn't happen
Darn. All evidence was burned yesterday. 😁

A model that needs no introduction and is easily recognizable around the world, this mint 1990 LS 400.

Ran across it last week while I waited for service.

Old 08-02-22 | 04:48 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

That RC F in the background is nice!! I wish the IS 500 would have had a vented hood like this, would have helped with the massive heat generated by this engine and the lack of breathing it can do given the extremely tight engine bay!
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
DLPTony (08-02-22), macmaster (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 07:37 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

That RC F in the background is nice!! I wish the IS 500 would have had a vented hood like this, would have helped with the massive heat generated by this engine and the lack of breathing it can do given the extremely tight engine bay!
I agree, my garage feels so hot inside after I park the IS500. A vented hood is just common sense. Of course, that means Lexus will never do it.
wthrman2 (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 08:13 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I agree, I often have to leave my car outside to cool off before I bring it in which sucks but Answer and I were talking on how drastic our garage temps get when we come home with our IS 500. I may just heat my home this winter by letting my IS run in the garage (lol)
DLPTony (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 09:49 AM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

How hard would it be to fabricate either a metal vented hood or would it be easier to do a carbon fiber vented hood?
Old 08-02-22 | 10:14 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Not sure if you are asking me directly or referring to what Lexus should do. I certainly couldn't do anything like that nor would I know how to do it but it would have been nice if Lexus would have done that instead of the bulge hood. Functionality should always trump design element IMO
giS (08-07-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 01:32 PM
PandaSPUR
4th Gear

Well damn, I just "discovered" the IS 500 last week after talking to my friends about what I was considering for my next car.
My BRZ (7 years old now) is just too small so I was originally looking at the GLC 63 Coupe as an option, until MBUSA took that away.

Did not realize Lexus had a V8 sedan until a friend brought it up. Now I'm smitten with the IS 500....

And after I read this thread (and poked some contacts) I find out that I'm basically out of luck until 2023. DAMNIT.
The following 5 users liked this post by PandaSPUR:
arentz07 (08-03-22), CyberNinja (08-03-22), giS (08-07-22), jororo (08-02-22), Kanpai (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 03:10 PM
Answer
Instructor

Garage getting hot? Don't know what you're talking about!

The following 2 users liked this post by Answer:
jororo (08-02-22), wthrman2 (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 04:26 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by PandaSPUR
Well damn, I just "discovered" the IS 500 last week after talking to my friends about what I was considering for my next car.
My BRZ (7 years old now) is just too small so I was originally looking at the GLC 63 Coupe as an option, until MBUSA took that away.

Did not realize Lexus had a V8 sedan until a friend brought it up. Now I'm smitten with the IS 500....

And after I read this thread (and poked some contacts) I find out that I'm basically out of luck until 2023. DAMNIT.
Welcome! I'll be your guide in purgatory. Base models don't exist yet, it was only Premiums or Launch Editions

I see you're from NY. Most of the dealers in the tri-state area suck, but reach out anyways. Call some dealers, get your name on all the lists, they won't have any idea about the car, but doesn't matter, get your name there. Wait for updates on here, because most dealers won't have a clue.
The following 5 users liked this post by Kanpai:
arentz07 (08-03-22), DLPTony (08-02-22), giS (08-07-22), PandaSPUR (08-02-22), wthrman2 (08-02-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 04:46 PM
jororo
Advanced

Originally Posted by robjay0211
hmm i should add that maybe wireless apple car play/android auto would be another great feature for the 2023 IS500s! it would be nice not having a cord in the way sometimes haha
For ~$100 you can add a wireless USB dongle that’ll give you wireless carplay & android auto. Agreed though that it should be integrated already, especially in a luxury brand like Lexus.
giS (08-07-22)
Old 08-02-22 | 05:20 PM
PandaSPUR
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Welcome! I'll be your guide in purgatory. Base models don't exist yet, it was only Premiums or Launch Editions

I see you're from NY. Most of the dealers in the tri-state area suck, but reach out anyways. Call some dealers, get your name on all the lists, they won't have any idea about the car, but doesn't matter, get your name there. Wait for updates on here, because most dealers won't have a clue.
Thanks!

And yep, I'm in Queens, NY. There is one large dealership out towards Long Island that I want to visit.
I figure maybe better chances if I actually show my face and meet a sales rep. That and I want to try and get a sense of the different colors, check out the interior, etc on at least another IS.

Feels exactly like trying to buy in-demand watches... never thought car buying would get this way.

I was aiming for a premium edition anyway, but I didn't know that base models dont exist at all yet. That is surprising.
Old 08-02-22 | 05:33 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Good luck and I am confident you will get your hand on one. The best advice I can give you is think of a few options of color combo (interior and exterior) because 2023 will still be a very tight production run so dealers will not likely be able to order exactly what you want. I feel that cars will be produced and allocated to dealers in a somewhat random fashion and maybe you will get the exact color combo you want, but maybe a compromise will be required. In my case, I wanted a white with a white interior and the best the dealer could find me (with a lot of effort behind teh scene), was a white with a red interior. I am Canada where availability was limited but most will admit that even in the US, getting your hands on one was not easy! All this to say, go in with an open mind and manage expectations. Once you get one, you will appreciate how amazing and wonderful this car truly is!

Just curious, what color combo do you want?
Old 08-02-22 | 05:44 PM
PandaSPUR
4th Gear

^^ Good luck and I am confident you will get your hand on one. The best advice I can give you is think of a few options of color combo (interior and exterior) because 2023 will still be a very tight production run so dealers will not likely be able to order exactly what you want. I feel that cars will be produced and allocated to dealers in a somewhat random fashion and maybe you will get the exact color combo you want, but maybe a compromise will be required. In my case, I wanted a white with a white interior and the best the dealer could find me (with a lot of effort behind teh scene), was a white with a red interior. I am Canada where availability was limited but most will admit that even in the US, getting your hands on one was not easy! All this to say, go in with an open mind and manage expectations. Once you get one, you will appreciate how amazing and wonderful this car truly is!

Just curious, what color combo do you want?
Preferably I'd want Cloudburst Gray with the red interior.
I think I would settle for Iridium, Atomic Silver or Caviar as well, with any interior.

My current car is white, so I want something different next. The two blues look really good, but I'm afraid I'll get tired of that. The Infrared is the only one I know I don't want for sure.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance. Part 2 2022 Sales & Delivery Discussions