IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance. Part 2 2022 Sales & Delivery Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-22 | 07:20 AM
LH1
Instructor

Originally Posted by wthrman2
That being said, if the rumors of an orange IS 500 are true, I may take my dealer's offer - I think that would be a cool car to have.
I love that orange on the RC F. I'd also love to see Nori Green Pearl offered on the 500.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (09-07-22)
Old 09-08-22 | 02:11 AM
CryoPerv
Rookie

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Agreed. At 125mph, the car gets eerily quiet and hunkers down. Too much for my nerves, so I’ll stick to short blasts of 110mph max and let others have all the fun. 😜
Originally Posted by macmaster
Can it really do more though, safely? Without any upgrades? Hmm
Originally Posted by IssaV8
I believe it is limited to 149mph, but is definitely capable of more. Someone did test this and I believe the video is on one of the owner group pages on another platform.
Can confirm from my testing in another country that on a good road, IS500 is perfectly fine at 149mph, which for me was in 6th gear at approximately 6K rpm..now if someone knew how to deal with the 'limiter' issue I expect the car can go a bit faster

Last edited by CryoPerv; 09-08-22 at 02:15 AM.
DLPTony (09-10-22)
Old 09-10-22 | 08:09 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CryoPerv
Can confirm from my testing in another country that on a good road, IS500 is perfectly fine at 149mph, which for me was in 6th gear at approximately 6K rpm..now if someone knew how to deal with the 'limiter' issue I expect the car can go a bit faster
Thats awesome to know! How long did you cruise at that speed, just a few minutes?
Old 09-14-22 | 12:36 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Posting this info in the main thread for visibility

2023 IS500 Pricing Info
Base MSRP: $58,270
Premium MSRP: $62,770

Prices include delivery fee of $1,150

Minimal price increase from the 2022 MY.

Per Lexus Press Release
The following 3 users liked this post by Kanpai:
arentz07 (09-14-22), DLPTony (09-14-22), macmaster (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22 | 12:56 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Posting this info in the main thread for visibility

2023 IS500 Pricing Info
Base MSRP: $58,270
Premium MSRP: $62,770

Prices include delivery fee of $1,150

Minimal price increase from the 2022 MY.

Per Lexus Press Release
Fact: If you buy a Lexus IS500 at MSRP in 2023, you've already made money on it - between markups and inflation.
Old 09-14-22 | 01:04 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by macmaster
Fact: If you buy a Lexus IS500 at MSRP in 2023, you've already made money on it - between markups and inflation.
*Laughs maniacally at not paying dealer markups last year*
The following 2 users liked this post by Kanpai:
Carolina50 (09-14-22), DLPTony (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22 | 01:27 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Just reposting on the main thread:

Now that the configurator is live, these are all the changes I am noting across the IS lineup:
  • F Sport Design is basically an F Sport exterior with an IS300 interior. For the extra $1000 you should absolutely get the regular F Sport.
  • Dynamic Handling Package has been renamed to F Sport Handling Package. Having said that, it is missing a bunch of things now and it brings with it a price reduction.
    • Ash trim on steering wheel and door panels is no longer offered on ANY IS.
    • BBS Wheels are now a standalone option
    • Carbon Fiber Spoiler is no longer a part of this package nor is it an accessory.
    • The bottom of the side mirrors is now body colored instead of gloss black as before.
    • If you were to add the new handling package and the BBS wheels as an option, the price of these options would amount to more than those of who paid $4200 for the Dynamic Handling Package that also brought the aforementioned extras.
  • Black trim is now standard on the 350 F Sport (Not the F Sport Design). Lowkey jealous about that ngl.
  • Accessories such as the performance exhaust and all weather mats went up in price, in some case substantially.
  • BBS Wheels can now be optioned on the IS500 as a standalone option.
  • There is a new badge for the F Sport Design trim which is silver with gray rather than silver with white as is the case on the full fledged F Sport.
  • Black Enkeis as standard as we had expected
  • No black clock trim as we saw on the JDM model.
  • Satin Chrome trim on the IS500.
  • The F Sport Design despite having the same wheel design as the regular F Sport, does not have a staggered set up. Good for those that want more tire life.
  • IS500 Special Appearance Package costs $3570
  • IS350 Special Appearance Package (gross) costs $1500
  • F Sport Design does not get Active Sound Control, Cold Air Intake, or F Sport Exhaust despite having the same 3.5L V6 as the regular IS350

Last edited by TipsyTonio; 09-14-22 at 03:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
DLPTony (09-14-22), Kanpai (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22 | 01:46 PM
arentz07

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio

Now that the configurator is live, these are all the changes I am noting across the IS lineup:
  • F Sport Design is basically an F Sport exterior with an IS300 interior. For the extra $1000 you should absolutely get the regular F Sport.
  • Dynamic Handling Package has been renamed to F Sport Handling Package. Having said that, it is missing a bunch of things now and it brings with it a price reduction.
    • Carbon Fiber Spoiler is no longer a part of this package nor is it an accessory.
    • If you were to add the new handling package and the BBS wheels as an option, the price of these options would amount to more than those of who paid $4200 for the Dynamic Handling Package that also brought the aforementioned extras.
I don't know about this. I thought the F Sport design would be the same as my IS 350, where you get the F Sport interior and the dark-metallic 19-inch wheels, along with the gauges. But I don't get AVS or a Torsen differential.

The 2023 IS 300 and IS 350 F SPORT models continue to offer powerful performance and exceptional craftmanship. For 2023, the IS 350 will be offered in a new F SPORT Design grade for both RWD and AWD configurations. All the carefully curated F SPORT exterior styling treatments including bumpers, grille, rear lip spoiler and badging can be found on the updated IS 350 F SPORT Design, including the 19-inch F SPORT alloy wheels.

In addition, IS 350 F SPORT will add a Handling Package for 2023, which offers Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), Torsen Limited-Slip Rear Differential on RWD models and Drive Mode Select with Sport S/S+ and Custom Modes. The 19-inch Matte Black BBS forged alloy wheels can also be added to this package.
I don't know, it seems a bit complicated to me to have the interior of the 300 and the exterior of the 350 F Sport. Would it not be simpler to have the interior/exterior appearance remain the same yet have the LSD and AVS be optional? That would actually improve the handling in F Sport Handling, after all. And the above paragraph doesn't say what's happened to the interior for either Handling or Design. Though you could be right, time will tell.

edit: Oh, I just saw this:

F SPORT models feature door trim with a graphic pattern of embossed intersecting lines, representing a new form of Lexus decorative expression and Takumi craftsmanship. Decorative ornamentation is finished in Black Metallic paint, Black Geometric Film or the exclusive Satin Chrome on IS 500 F SPORT Performance models, which is new for 2023. Standard NuLuxe interior trim color options include Black, Glazed Caramel and Rioja Red. For IS 350 F SPORT and IS 500 F SPORT models, the available interior colors include Black, Circuit Red and two-tone White/Black trim.
This to me suggests all F Sport models get the embossed door trim and other F Sport accoutrements.

edit: And, I am wrong, the configurator clearly shows this. Why??? I think this was a mistake on Lexus's part.

Last edited by arentz07; 09-14-22 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-14-22 | 01:48 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by arentz07
I don't know about this. I thought the F Sport design would be the same as my IS 350, where you get the F Sport interior and the dark-metallic 19-inch wheels, along with the gauges. But I don't get AVS or a Torsen differential.

I don't know, it seems a bit complicated to me to have the interior of the 300 and the exterior of the 350 F Sport. Would it not be simpler to have the interior/exterior appearance remain the same yet have the LSD and AVS be optional? That would actually improve the handling in F Sport Handling, after all. And the above paragraph doesn't say what's happened to the interior for either Handling or Design. Though you could be right, time will tell.
Just going by what the configurator and brochure currently shows.
Old 09-14-22 | 01:55 PM
arentz07

Side note: black Enkeis are... interesting. Not sure if I like it better than the silver. It'd be nice to have a choice between the two.

DLPTony (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22 | 02:09 PM
arentz07

Just going by what the configurator and brochure currently shows.
Yeah I realized later that I totally skimmed over the part where you said the configurator showed the changes, and I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I think this is a bummer, since the seats and gauges alone make the F Sport so much different compared to the base models. The F Sport seats are phenomenal. But now I have to get the LSD and the AVS to get the seats? That seems a bit daft if you ask this guy.
Old 09-14-22 | 02:15 PM
robjay0211
Driver

hopefully they resolved the gasket and front bumper issue!
also for that satin chrome trim piece, does that refer to the thing on the door where the window controls etc. go? What else does that trim effect exactly?

Last edited by robjay0211; 09-14-22 at 02:20 PM.
arentz07 (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22 | 02:41 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by arentz07
Side note: black Enkeis are... interesting. Not sure if I like it better than the silver. It'd be nice to have a choice between the two.

• Black trim is now standard on the 350 F Sport (Not the F Sport Design). Lowkey jealous about that ngl.
  • Accessories such as the performance exhaust and all weather mats went up in price, in some case substantially.
  • BBS Wheels can now be optioned on the IS500 as a standalone option.
  • There is a new badge for the F Sport Design trim which is silver with gray rather than silver with white as is the case on the full fledged F Sport.
  • Black Enkeis as standard as we had expected
  • No black clock trim as we saw on the JDM model.
  • Satin Chrome trim on the IS500.
  • The F Sport Design despite having the same wheel design as the regular F Sport, does not have a staggered set up. Good for those that want more tire life.
  • IS500 Special Appearance Package costs $3570
  • IS350 Special Appearance Package (gross) costs $1500
  • F Sport Design does not get Active Sound Control, Cold Air Intake, or F Sport Exhaust despite having the same 3.5L V6 as the regular IS350
USB and Black Enkei's INCLUDED?!?!

Excuse me while I go change my pants. I think another user painted his and it came out glorious (I know taste is subjective, but I know I'm right in saying they look stunning.)

The following 2 users liked this post by Kanpai:
arentz07 (09-14-22), DLPTony (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22 | 02:44 PM
arentz07

Originally Posted by robjay0211
hopefully they resolved the gasket and front bumper issue!
also for that satin chrome trim piece, does that refer to the thing on the door where the window controls etc. go? What else does that trim effect exactly?
It's the trim on the doors.

Old 09-14-22 | 02:50 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Just spammed my build out to my 3 local dealers. #2023LUE IS HAPPENING

Last edited by Kanpai; 09-14-22 at 02:54 PM.
DLPTony (09-14-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance. Part 2 2022 Sales & Delivery Discussions