IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Front Apron Separation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-23, 01:28 PM
hotct
Pit Crew

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Not whatever you did. By letting them think that scrapes on the bumper are a cause, you're not helping anyone's case.

I don't have apron separation and my front bumper is scraped to hell and back. Completely unrelated.
I didn't let them think bumper scrapes were the cause. I made them let me take pictures to prove it wasn't the cause since I have no scrapes and do have severe bumper issues
Old 07-19-23, 01:56 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by hotct
I didn't let them think bumper scrapes were the cause. I made them let me take pictures to prove it wasn't the cause since I have no scrapes and do have severe bumper issues
sorry I thought you didn’t have the issue and were just having them keep an eye on it like some people have done here
Old 07-19-23, 02:47 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,999 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I don't have apron separation and my front bumper is scraped to hell and back. Completely unrelated.
Yikes, what in the world?! Stopping fighting the curbs, they’ll always win. 🫣😎
Old 07-19-23, 03:31 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Yikes, what in the world?! Stopping fighting the curbs, they’ll always win. 🫣😎
Not necessarily just curbs. New driveways are much worse and tend to be more unexpected. It's just life. That's why I'd never lower this car. It's already low enough.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (07-19-23)
Old 07-19-23, 03:44 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

In California (and New Mexico where I bought my car) the Lemon Law is applicable when a reasonable number of attempts still fails to fix the problem. Doesn't matter if it's catastrophic or not, it fails to conform as a new vehicle is expected.

I guess in AZ you might be out of luck. A quick glance at the law dowsn't have the same verbiage as CA and NM.

Thats true for Arizona too, I just mean what It was really created for, but consumers have taken advantage of.
Old 07-19-23, 03:45 PM
Pittsy
Racer

What exactly does "making a case" mean? I pointed out the issue when I took my car in for the first oil change. Had them let me take pictures underneath to show no scraping of the bumper. Made them make a note of everything.
Have the bracket replaced under warranty. After enough of them, lexus will get tired of replacing bumper brackets and fix the part.
Old 07-19-23, 03:54 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

That's why I'd never lower this car. It's already low enough.
Truth. Looks awesome lowered, but I don’t need the additional stress. 😂
Old 07-19-23, 04:00 PM
Pittsy
Racer

My RC was exactly 1.5" off the ground in the front and rear. The IS is a monster truck in comparison, and thats a good thing, lol.
DLPTony (07-19-23)
Old 07-19-23, 04:03 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pittsy
My RC was exactly 1.5" off the ground in the front and rear. The IS is a monster truck in comparison, and thats a good thing, lol.
HA! HA!!! ClubLexus…the only place on earth where an IS can be likened to a monster truck. Hilarious! 😂🤘🏽
Old 07-19-23, 04:07 PM
hotct
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Have the bracket replaced under warranty. After enough of them, lexus will get tired of replacing bumper brackets and fix the part.
Eh I'd rather them not take the bumper off until a real fix is in place.

When I first showed the bumper to the service rep the first words out of his mouth were something like "yeah that's what happens when you go over curbs and it gets caught". Hence why I made them let me take pictures of the underside on the lift to show that the bumper was pristine underneath. Only had around 1k miles on it at the time.
DLPTony (07-19-23)
Old 07-19-23, 04:18 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Eh I'd rather them not take the bumper off until a real fix is in place.

When I first showed the bumper to the service rep the first words out of his mouth were something like "yeah that's what happens when you go over curbs and it gets caught". Hence why I made them let me take pictures of the underside on the lift to show that the bumper was pristine underneath. Only had around 1k miles on it at the time.
They don't remove the whole bumper to replace the bracket. It takes them all of 5 minutes to do. The real fix is never going to come if people don't come in and try to have it fixed. The real fix is going to be a new part number bumper, so what do you have to lose by them changing the bracket out?
Old 07-19-23, 05:32 PM
hotct
Pit Crew

Does anybody have the part number for the bracket? I won't be back until later in the year (2hr round trip for me), but would like to get them to order it and do it along with my second oil change
Old 07-19-23, 05:34 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Does anybody have the part number for the bracket? I won't be back until later in the year (2hr round trip for me), but would like to get them to order it and do it along with my second oil change
they’ll order it when they have the car. They’ll stick you in a loaner in the mean time.

they won’t be able to preemptively order a warranty part without an open repair order.
Old 07-20-23, 06:47 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,809 Likes on 1,931 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
HA! HA!!! ClubLexus…the only place on earth where an IS can be likened to a monster truck. Hilarious! 😂🤘🏽
Not the only place. Every time I talk to someone with a lowered car in our club, the first thing they do is ask me when I am lowering mine.

Also, we had another white IS 500 at the meet last night who I hadn't met before, and I noticed that his car had the front apron separation. It was a 2022.
Old 07-20-23, 02:08 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by arentz07
Not the only place. Every time I talk to someone with a lowered car in our club, the first thing they do is ask me when I am lowering mine. Also, we had another white IS 500 at the meet last night who I hadn't met before, and I noticed that his car had the front apron separation. It was a 2022.
Lowering - My answer is simply: NEVER! 😂

Apron - Ugh that sucks butt. 😒 I find myself looking at everyone’s aprons. Corolla, ES, all of them. 🫣
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
arentz07 (07-20-23), HighRevs (09-15-23)

Quick Reply: Front Apron Separation?