IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Lexus IS 500 bushings

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-22, 09:00 AM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Lexus IS 500 bushings

I'm considering buying RR Racings street version bushings for my IS 500 or the RCF bushings for the purpose of better steering feel and to hopefully mitigate the issue of premature tire wear that these models are known for.
A couple of questions,
  1. How does the steering response feel with either of these bushings? Is it significantly stiffer?
  2. Which one should I get with for daily driving? I like to get on the gas from time to time, but I don't do any racing.
  3. If someone has tried both, how do they differ in terms of feel, response, etc?
  4. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance.
The following 2 users liked this post by lexussingh:
LaZeR (01-29-23), TheCatLoaf (09-15-22)
Old 09-14-22, 06:15 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

^^ I haven't tried the RR Racing bushings but I have the RCF/GSF bushings and I feel it is a good middle of the road approach. It preserves the Lexus driving signature, doesn't introduce NHV, is cheaper and will help mitigate some of the tire wear issue.

1. It is a bit stiffer but not OMG this is super stiffer or significantly noticeable....
2. The RCF/GSF will be adequate for regular daily driving and the odd spirited driving
3. Can't really comment
4. For me, I would say yes....but I didn't pay lots and I felt it was worth it
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
giS (09-15-22), LaZeR (01-29-23)
Old 09-15-22, 02:37 AM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I haven't tried the RR Racing bushings but I have the RCF/GSF bushings and I feel it is a good middle of the road approach. It preserves the Lexus driving signature, doesn't introduce NHV, is cheaper and will help mitigate some of the tire wear issue.

1. It is a bit stiffer but not OMG this is super stiffer or significantly noticeable....
2. The RCF/GSF will be adequate for regular daily driving and the odd spirited driving
3. Can't really comment
^^^ same. Also going with the RCF/GSF bushings doesn’t get squirrelly with your warranty.
The following 2 users liked this post by giS:
LaZeR (01-29-23), wthrman2 (09-15-22)
Old 09-15-22, 07:02 AM
18borat
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by giS
^^^ same. Also going with the RCF/GSF bushings doesn’t get squirrelly with your warranty.
Is there a part no. for this? Would really appreciate it.
Old 09-15-22, 08:24 AM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 18borat
Is there a part no. for this? Would really appreciate it.
I believe these are it:
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...tra2=&filter=()
https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/...knuckle,,48076

48075-24010
48076-24010

The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (09-15-22)
Old 09-15-22, 08:25 AM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by wthrman2

3. Can't really comment
Thanks for the reply.
wthrman2 (09-15-22)
Old 09-15-22, 02:02 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,399 Likes on 642 Posts

I thought I would offer some input.

The RCF bushings are marginally harder than the IS bushings. They measure out around 54 while the IS is around 46. While I haven't had a GoPro on them, I can't imagine they reduce a ton of the lateral control arm movement. I know for a fact they do nothing for the Axial (front and back) movement from hard braking. This is what causes toe in under hard braking and is a major contributor to inner tire wear. With the large pre-loaded thrust washer on the RR Racing bushing, it is the only bushing on the market that prevents that type of movement.

These bushings are not aggressive as they are made out to be. We put them on brand new, 2k mile IS500's and never hear a peep from the customers about vibrations or any of that. We also put them on RCF's regularly. That's right, RCF's have inner tire wear just like everyone else. They are not exempt. Think about that before you spend money on their bushings.

Justin | RR Racing Sales
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
LaZeR (01-29-23), MYIS500 (01-29-23)
Old 11-11-22, 04:50 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

RR Racing is having a holiday sale and so I finally broke down and bought a set of the USRS street version. the stiffer race track version is also on sale. also got some love for Veteran's Day as well to cover the shipping.

RR Racing USRS Street ver

thanks Justin!
LaZeR (01-29-23)
Old 11-12-22, 09:53 AM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by cp2
RR Racing is having a holiday sale and so I finally broke down and bought a set of the USRS street version. the stiffer race track version is also on sale. also got some love for Veteran's Day as well to cover the shipping.

RR Racing USRS Street ver

thanks Justin!
Nice!
Please let me know how you like them.
jororo (11-13-22)
Old 11-21-22, 11:43 AM
dk12
Driver

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lexussingh
I'm considering buying RR Racings street version bushings for my IS 500 or the RCF bushings for the purpose of better steering feel and to hopefully mitigate the issue of premature tire wear that these models are known for.
A couple of questions,
  1. How does the steering response feel with either of these bushings? Is it significantly stiffer?
  2. Which one should I get with for daily driving? I like to get on the gas from time to time, but I don't do any racing.
  3. If someone has tried both, how do they differ in terms of feel, response, etc?
  4. Is it worth it?
Thanks in advance.
Hi ,I was one of the first is500s with usrs bushings from rr racing. I've had them for around 3k miles now with no increased vibration or noises. I got the road version and steering wise there should be a difference, I got the strut bar and bushings at the same time and after there was def a difference in steering response and body roll can't say exactly which helped more but, I think the biggest advantage is the inner tire wear, when had them installed my oem tires had only 1500 miles and there was already a strip of inner wear, after the bushings got put in I got ps4s and so far there is almost no inner wear. I was one person who was convinced the rcf bushing were fine, its act what I had on the car before I got the rr racing ones and as Justin said the y still have a lot of play and the difference between those and the stock ones is negligible. Here's what they look like installed:

The following 5 users liked this post by dk12:
gcmak (11-29-22), jororo (11-21-22), LaZeR (01-29-23), roquesmd1 (11-24-22), wthrman2 (11-21-22)
Old 01-29-23, 01:16 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Hey, for everyone who got new lower control arm bushings installed... what is % likelihood Alignment will go outta whack - would like to know "even slightly outta whack"? THANKS!!

Last edited by LaZeR; 01-29-23 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-29-23, 01:20 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by LaZeR
Hey, for everyone who got new lower control arm bushings installed... what is % likelihood Alignment will go outta whack - would like to know even slightly outta whack. THANKS!!
For me the dealership did the alignment at the same time of the LCA install
LaZeR (01-29-23)
Old 01-29-23, 01:23 PM
LaZeR
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I thought I would offer some input. The RCF bushings are marginally harder than the IS bushings. They measure out around 54 while the IS is around 46. While I haven't had a GoPro on them, I can't imagine they reduce a ton of the lateral control arm movement. I know for a fact they do nothing for the Axial (front and back) movement from hard braking. This is what causes toe in under hard braking and is a major contributor to inner tire wear. With the large pre-loaded thrust washer on the RR Racing bushing, it is the only bushing on the market that prevents that type of movement.

These bushings are not aggressive as they are made out to be. We put them on brand new, 2k mile IS500's and never hear a peep from the customers about vibrations or any of that. We also put them on RCF's regularly. That's right, RCF's have inner tire wear just like everyone else. They are not exempt. Think about that before you spend money on their bushings.
Hey @RRRacing Justin, did most of your customers getting new bushings installed ALSO require, or request, a (4-wheel) Alignment? THANKS!!
Old 01-30-23, 05:33 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

^^ As per my PM, if all they are doing the LCA bushings, they won't touch your rear so you wouldn't need a 4 wheel alignment although the cost for a front wheel alignment vs a 4 wheel makes it almost worth getting the 4 wheels done. If you haven't done one in a while, might as well get it done because the whole idea of swapping the bushing is to help prevent the inner tire wear so the alignment will also help and is not that expensive.
Old 01-30-23, 01:13 PM
vpar23
Pit Crew

Received 142 Likes on 76 Posts

Excuse my ignorance or local of knowledge on this matter but this is the first mod I’m looking to do. One - would this mod modify any power train warranty and who could I go to install this piece? Would Lexus do this?

looking to do this because of the notorious inner tire wear.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS 500 bushings