IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-22, 07:36 AM
martkat
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts
Default 2023 IS 500 build

I took my turn at building my flavor IS 500 on the Lexus website and sending to one of my local Atlanta dealers yesterday and within an hour I received a call about my submission.

The sales rep believed they would only be allocated TWO 2023 IS 500 models and that they already had a deposit for the first person in line. I responded that I had no problem giving a $500 deposit as long as it was unconditionally refundable. I was told they had no control over the specifics of their IS 500 allocations and asked if I was flexible on color combinations.

I told him choice #1 was Grecian Water blue on black and choice #2 was Cloudburst gray on black, but before I would give them a deposit I wanted to have them find out if the performance exhaust option was really available for the IS 500 and not just an error on their build options. He's to check with his inventory manager and get back with me.
Old 09-16-22, 07:41 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by martkat
I took my turn at building my flavor IS 500 on the Lexus website and sending to one of my local Atlanta dealers yesterday and within an hour I received a call about my submission.

The sales rep believed they would only be allocated TWO 2023 IS 500 models and that they already had a deposit for the first person in line. I responded that I had no problem giving a $500 deposit as long as it was unconditionally refundable. I was told they had no control over the specifics of their IS 500 allocations and asked if I was flexible on color combinations.

I told him choice #1 was Grecian Water blue on black and choice #2 was Cloudburst gray on black, but before I would give them a deposit I wanted to have them find out if the performance exhaust option was really available for the IS 500 and not just an error on their build options. He's to check with his inventory manager and get back with me.
Nice! I would call them back now to give your deposit before someone beats you to it because the exhaust answer will be no, unless this is some kind of dealership competency test, which I don’t blame you for.

Also use credit card for the deposit in the rare instance they don’t refund you you can do a chargeback. You’ll also get 1% cash back or whatever your cc offers if they need to refund you with a check (lol!)

Lastly I’d repeat what you did at a couple other dealerships at least. Grecian water is gonna be rare.
Old 09-16-22, 07:42 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I 100% assure you the exhaust is a mistake. Lexus USA can't get their **** together on the build configurator. The JDM version offers no exhaust upgrade.
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (09-16-22), wthrman2 (09-16-22)
Old 09-16-22, 07:50 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

The dealer I am working with said they could "build" whatever the customer ordered, but I believe what yours said, since that tracks with how it went last year. Throw the deposit down on your card, worry about the exhaust when the time comes (likely an error again on Lexus' part).
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (09-16-22)
Old 09-16-22, 08:45 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

OH how this bringing back so many memories!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
DLPTony (09-23-22), giS (09-17-22)
Old 09-16-22, 12:48 PM
martkat
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts

$500 deposit made at Nalley Lexus Roswell, GA
The following 3 users liked this post by martkat:
arentz07 (09-16-22), Carolina50 (09-16-22), DLPTony (09-23-22)
Old 09-16-22, 02:20 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,730 Likes on 1,900 Posts

$500 deposit made at Nalley Lexus Roswell, GA
That's where I got my 2021 IS 350. Guess I'll have to try Hennessy if I decide to pull the trigger.
Old 09-16-22, 02:35 PM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 730 Likes on 262 Posts

Might as well throw out as many deposits with as many dealers as possible if the deposits are refundable. Pretty much every 2022 owner can tell you that specific dealers have no control over which color combo they get, but a good dealer will let you know what color combo they have for you prior to the ship leaving Japan, which should give you plenty of time for the other regional dealers to similarly let you know.

Last edited by jororo; 09-16-22 at 02:39 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jororo:
Atav25 (09-28-22), DLPTony (09-23-22), TipsyTonio (09-17-22)
Old 09-17-22, 05:10 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by jororo
Might as well throw out as many deposits with as many dealers as possible if the deposits are refundable. Pretty much every 2022 owner can tell you that specific dealers have no control over which color combo they get, but a good dealer will let you know what color combo they have for you prior to the ship leaving Japan, which should give you plenty of time for the other regional dealers to similarly let you know.
And an even nicer dealer will check Dealer Daily and tell you where a car in your spec is headed even if it means them losing out on the sale. But those are far and few between.
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
DLPTony (09-23-22), IssaV8 (10-02-22), wthrman2 (09-18-22)
Old 09-18-22, 12:46 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

built mine to my spec… ugh i hope in a few months i’ll be able to get exactly what i want when i’m ready but i know that’s probably not happening🤦‍♂️
Old 09-18-22, 01:48 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by jmull3r

built mine to my spec… ugh i hope in a few months i’ll be able to get exactly what i want when i’m ready but i know that’s probably not happening🤦‍♂️
This would've been my build, last year, if they didn't release the LE
Old 09-18-22, 01:50 PM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 243 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
This would've been my build, last year, if they didn't release the LE
i have been waiting to be able to get the BBS wheels along with the white interior! what’s funny is my 2nd choice would be a used ‘22 launch edition so ours are flip flopped lol
Old 09-19-22, 08:46 AM
logicfaith
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Placed a deposit on an IS 500 Premium. Dealer in North Canton OH said that I'm number two on the list. The first person has been waiting since April. Happy about the darker wheels on the 2023 build. I told her that my first preference is the Infrared with Black interior. Second is the Cloudburst Gray with Red interior. Not considering the Molten Pearl because I want that "sleeper" look. Anyone has any dealer info as to how long the wait would take?
Old 09-19-22, 08:59 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by logicfaith
Placed a deposit on an IS 500 Premium. Dealer in North Canton OH said that I'm number two on the list. The first person has been waiting since April. Happy about the darker wheels on the 2023 build. I told her that my first preference is the Infrared with Black interior. Second is the Cloudburst Gray with Red interior. Not considering the Molten Pearl because I want that "sleeper" look. Anyone has any dealer info as to how long the wait would take?
According to markups.org there was a $3000 markup on the IS500 last year at the Lexus in Akron. What did they tell you the price would be?

I don't know how long your wait will be but I suggest putting deposits down at a couple more dealerships if you're choosing a particular color.
Old 09-19-22, 09:03 AM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,162 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by logicfaith
I purchased my Launch Edition locally here in Michigan for msrp back in January. Also my local Lexus dealers sells at msrp.

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 build