IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-22, 05:27 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
::chuckling:: You’ve clearly not spent an exorbitant amount of time in Atlanta. I wish the spindle was the only thing to worry about. Try the top of the hood, the front part of the roof, and the lower back quarter panels behind the wheels. They’ll get peppered with rocks….

Best. Money. Spent.

So if you folks live a real city 😜, protect your purchase!
Or South Florida. I had a plastic bag (the fancy kind they give at car shows, now the ones from Walmart) smack the S*** out of my front-right side of my car as I was going 75 MPH on the highway and it left some scuff marks on the bumper, headlight, fender, and mirror. Luckily, and I'm not sure if it was because of the ceramic or the fact that it may have just been transfer or whatever, it all rubbed off with some detailer. 9200 miles in to this car, I 2-3 rock chips in the front but nothing too bad. I really only get them when I go to my girlfriends house since she lives next to 3 cement plants so the highways are filled with their trucks.
Originally Posted by Cvija
I will say this, I sold my S2000 and my daily driver, Camry, to get this car and have something that is fun for me, but that I can take my kids in it for a fun drive. That way, my wife, our kids and I can all enjoy a fun weekend drive together.
Anyway I would sell this car in a New York minute if in any point my kids needed money for food, shelter or education. They definitely come first. Right now they have what they need and most importantly my and my wife's love. This car is just a way to have something else we can share together.
As the child of parents with similar mentalities to you, you're doing god's work. Kudos. If you want one more just let me know, I'm up for adoption for the right price lol
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (11-07-22), DLPTony (11-12-22), wthrman2 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 05:32 AM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
As the child of parents with similar mentalities to you, you're doing god's work. Kudos. If you want one more just let me know, I'm up for adoption for the right price lol
Thank you and LOL.
Old 11-07-22, 11:41 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,930 Posts

The Atomic Silver/Circuit Red/BBS Wheels IS 500 at Nalley Lexus Smyrna is not going to arrive there until December, but they're taking deposits...
Old 11-07-22, 11:54 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by arentz07
The Atomic Silver/Circuit Red/BBS Wheels IS 500 at Nalley Lexus Smyrna is not going to arrive there until December, but they're taking deposits...
You should get it!! As much as you say you don't another silver card, Atomic Silver is so different that some may not even call it actually silver.
The following 4 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (11-07-22), Cvija (11-07-22), DLPTony (11-07-22), wthrman2 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 12:19 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

You should get it!! As much as you say you don't another silver card, Atomic Silver is so different that some may not even call it actually silver.
Yes, join the superior 2023 Master Race
The following users liked this post:
GoHorns (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 12:23 PM
arentz07
drives cars

True... and I owned an Atomic Silver 2016 IS, and loved that color. But I think I really, really would like something with some color. Like, Infrared especially. Not sure if @DLPTony would be salty if I picked up an Ultrasonic Blue one lol. I mean, #bluecrew, but also, that's kinda his thing.

So anyway

I also might consider Ultra White. I really like how it looks with the black wheels and black window trim. Or Cloudburst. I honestly am finding I am okay with most colors, but somehow, feels weird getting yet another silver-red combo.

Also I just bought tires for mine. I could return them, but... meh.
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
DLPTony (11-07-22), wthrman2 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 12:28 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

True... and I owned an Atomic Silver 2016 IS, and loved that color. But I think I really, really would like something with some color. Like, Infrared especially. Not sure if @DLPTony would be salty if I picked up an Ultrasonic Blue one lol. I mean, #bluecrew, but also, that's kinda his thing.

So anyway

I also might consider Ultra White. I really like how it looks with the black wheels and black window trim. Or Cloudburst. I honestly am finding I am okay with most colors, but somehow, feels weird getting yet another silver-red combo.

Also I just bought tires for mine. I could return them, but... meh.
Are the tires installed? If not you can just store them until the tires on the new one wear it. Look at it as an excuse to do burnouts lol
Old 11-07-22, 12:29 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

It is very classy! Easy to keep clean as well. My ES was atomic silver, I loved it. But not as much as I love blue
Cvija (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 12:32 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Are the tires installed? If not you can just store them until the tires on the new one wear it. Look at it as an excuse to do burnouts lol
Not yet. Due to some... issues with my dealership's service department I currently don't even have my car. The tires are sitting at my local Discount Tire lol.

We'll see. I may see if I can keep the old tires and do a little switcheroo if I decide to upgrade. Personally still not sure what route I want to go.
Old 11-07-22, 12:33 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Not yet. Due to some... issues with my dealership's service department I currently don't even have my car. The tires are sitting at my local Discount Tire lol.

We'll see. I may see if I can keep the old tires and do a little switcheroo if I decide to upgrade. Personally still not sure what route I want to go.
Oh i smell spicy dealership drama. I know I speak for the majority of us sitting at our desks at work that we would love to hear it lol
Carolina50 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 12:34 PM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Atomic Silver is a great color. And with red interior. That is the jam. My S2000 was silver with red interior. It just works great on cars especially sports and sporty car like the IS.

I say do it 😉, but what do I know.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cvija:
arentz07 (11-07-22), GoHorns (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 12:54 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Oh i smell spicy dealership drama. I know I speak for the majority of us sitting at our desks at work that we would love to hear it lol
I just finished prepping some slides for a presentation I have later, so I have a few minutes.

I posted about this in the existing thread I had about my wheel issue: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l#post11379535

But the tl;dr and updates are as follows. I took my car in for a simple oil change and alignment. I asked them not to wash my car. They washed it anyway, and swirled the chrome wheels badly. Check the photo in that post to see what I mean. It's not just "swirls", either; the wheels' finishes are just bad-looking now, with splotches and not as reflective as before. They must have the harshest car wash of all time.

So, fast-forward up to today. They got three replacement wheels in, and they are somehow still waiting on a fourth.

What's even worse is that they had an appointment for me last Friday to drop off the car and have the wheels replaced. I got a loaner. I get home from the dealer after a 30-minute drive home, and only about an hour later I get a call from them. I already knew something was wrong. Well, it turns out they only have three of the wheels. "In the system", it showed four wheels being present, but physically, only three wheels were at the dealership. What is suspicious to me about this is that the wheels were in stock at the local Atlanta parts depot over two weeks ago. How are they still waiting on the last one? Did they not order it right away?

I honestly am starting to wonder if they're giving me a hard time on purpose. I think they already know I am not stepping a foot back in there for service - I might buy a car there, but service? I can't, when their service manager's first reaction to my comments on the wheel finish (not to mention, seeing it himself) was to give me a spiel about how they run "over 150" cars through the wash every day and "never have any issues". Also explaining to me about how PVD chrome works, etc. Yeah, man, that's why I hand-wash my car, and you have just un-done hours and hours of hand-washing. I don't care how it works, but I do care that my car is hand-washed because I know that will preserve the finish.

Appalling that we even had to have that conversation, to be honest.

Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, btw.

edit: Oh and how could I forget they CURBED MY WHEELS in the process of trying to "buff out" the scratches... a process which proved ineffective, by the way. That's the real reason they're replacing the wheels.

Last edited by arentz07; 11-07-22 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-07-22, 12:58 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

I just finished prepping some slides for a presentation I have later, so I have a few minutes.

I posted about this in the existing thread I had about my wheel issue: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...l#post11379535

But the tl;dr and updates are as follows. I took my car in for a simple oil change and alignment. I asked them not to wash my car. They washed it anyway, and swirled the chrome wheels badly. Check the photo in that post to see what I mean. It's not just "swirls", either; the wheels' finishes are just bad-looking now, with splotches and not as reflective as before. They must have the harshest car wash of all time.

So, fast-forward up to today. They got three replacement wheels in, and they are somehow still waiting on a fourth.

What's even worse is that they had an appointment for me last Friday to drop off the car and have the wheels replaced. I got a loaner. I get home from the dealer after a 30-minute drive home, and only about an hour later I get a call from them. I already knew something was wrong. Well, it turns out they only have three of the wheels. "In the system", it showed four wheels being present, but physically, only three wheels were at the dealership. What is suspicious to me about this is that the wheels were in stock at the local Atlanta parts depot over two weeks ago. How are they still waiting on the last one? Did they not order it right away?

I honestly am starting to wonder if they're giving me a hard time on purpose. I think they already know I am not stepping a foot back in there for service - I might buy a car there, but service? I can't, when their service manager's first reaction to my comments on the wheel finish (not to mention, seeing it himself) was to give me a spiel about how they run "over 150" cars through the wash every day and "never have any issues". Also explaining to me about how PVD chrome works, etc. Yeah, man, that's why I hand-wash my car, and you have just un-done hours and hours of hand-washing. I don't care how it works, but I do care that my car is hand-washed because I know that will preserve the finish.

Appalling that we even had to have that conversation, to be honest.

Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, btw.
Jeez this sounds awful! I guess the bright side to this is that they are at least replacing them and not just trying to refinish them (though we know that wouldn't work). I really wonder what the hell they use on their car wash equipment though. I remember seeing the pictures you had posted and it looked pretty bad. Side note, just curious why you did an alignment without having done your tire change first?
Old 11-07-22, 01:01 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Jeez this sounds awful! I guess the bright side to this is that they are at least replacing them and not just trying to refinish them (though we know that wouldn't work). I really wonder what the hell they use on their car wash equipment though. I remember seeing the pictures you had posted and it looked pretty bad. Side note, just curious why you did an alignment without having done your tire change first?
I just felt the steering was a bit weird, and turns out, I was right. Front-right tire was toed-out a little, and rear-right tire was also closer to 0-degree toe. Must've hit a pothole the wrong way.

It definitely felt a bit better after the alignment.

I agree, I should be thankful I am getting replacement wheels, but at the same time, I didn't appreciate how the service manager went on and on on the phone about how the wheel finish shows scratches easily, etc., saying I'm the type who likes to keep my car nice, but most don't (which... )... I don't know, just felt bad, man. Also when I mentioned the curbed wheels, he instantly started trying to defend the guys who worked on the car saying they'd have no reason to lie, etc. OK then. But I literally have a photo of the wheel from this morning where it's not curbed. So who did it? SMH...
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
Cvija (11-07-22), wthrman2 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 01:07 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

I just felt the steering was a bit weird, and turns out, I was right. Front-right tire was toed-out a little, and rear-right tire was also closer to 0-degree toe. Must've hit a pothole the wrong way.

It definitely felt a bit better after the alignment.

I agree, I should be thankful I am getting replacement wheels, but at the same time, I didn't appreciate how the service manager went on and on on the phone about how the wheel finish shows scratches easily, etc., saying I'm the type who likes to keep my car nice, but most don't (which... )... I don't know, just felt bad, man. Also when I mentioned the curbed wheels, he instantly started trying to defend the guys who worked on the car saying they'd have no reason to lie, etc. OK then. But I literally have a photo of the wheel from this morning where it's not curbed. So who did it? SMH...
Oh I must've missed the curbed wheel part. That would seriously **** me off. I'm always to let all service departments know that the wheels are $2000 a piece and I expect them to be very careful as they are damage free. That usually does the trick to scare them into not messing it up lmao

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales