IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-22, 01:08 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,909 Likes on 1,974 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Oh I must've missed the curbed wheel part. That would seriously **** me off. I'm always to let all service departments know that the wheels are $2000 a piece and I expect them to be very careful as they are damage free. That usually does the trick to scare them into not messing it up lmao
Maybe I should get me an IS 500 with BBS wheels, that'll scare em.

Though I wonder about the matte finish, if it's as sensitive to stuff like car washes as the chrome is.
Old 11-07-22, 01:14 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Maybe I should get me an IS 500 with BBS wheels, that'll scare em.

Though I wonder about the matte finish, if it's as sensitive to stuff like car washes as the chrome is.
Honestly, it feels very robust. My one complaint with them has more to do with Lexus's transportation than anything else. They put plastic film over the wheels in transit which in theory is perfect, but then they poke holes in it to air up the tires for transit and that hole is just big enough for pebbles to get in and get trapped between the film and the face of the rim, so all 4 of my wheels arrived to the dealer with some very minor nicks around the edge. But trust me when I say VERY minor. By the time you drive the car for more than a mile, there is enough brake dust that even with a magnifying glass it blends in lol. As far as cleaning them I use the double bucket method and this microfiber wheel brush to get into the barrel:
Amazon.com: WOOLLYWORMIT Wheel Brush Car Detailing Kit - Lug Nuts & Wheel Cleaner Car Wash Kit - Car Cleaning Kit - Car Cleaning Supplies - Car Wash Brush Set : Automotive Amazon.com: WOOLLYWORMIT Wheel Brush Car Detailing Kit - Lug Nuts & Wheel Cleaner Car Wash Kit - Car Cleaning Kit - Car Cleaning Supplies - Car Wash Brush Set : Automotive
. So far no issues. I used to be OCD and only use Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte to "detail" the wheels but tbh it feels like you could use anything on these wheels. I used Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer on them one day at work and not only did it not stain or alter the color, it actually acted better at repelling brake dust than the Chemical Guys. They also say not to use wax on them, but I use Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax as my wash soap on them and nothing happens to them at all. My fear of caring for them has long faded
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (11-07-22), Cvija (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 01:18 PM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,909 Likes on 1,974 Posts

Honestly, it feels very robust. My one complaint with them has more to do with Lexus's transportation than anything else. They put plastic film over the wheels in transit which in theory is perfect, but then they poke holes in it to air up the tires for transit and that hole is just big enough for pebbles to get in and get trapped between the film and the face of the rim, so all 4 of my wheels arrived to the dealer with some very minor nicks around the edge. But trust me when I say VERY minor. By the time you drive the car for more than a mile, there is enough brake dust that even with a magnifying glass it blends in lol. As far as cleaning them I use the double bucket method and this microfiber wheel brush to get into the barrel: Amazon.com: WOOLLYWORMIT Wheel Brush Car Detailing Kit - Lug Nuts & Wheel Cleaner Car Wash Kit - Car Cleaning Kit - Car Cleaning Supplies - Car Wash Brush Set : Automotive. So far no issues. I used to be OCD and only use Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte to "detail" the wheels but tbh it feels like you could use anything on these wheels. I used Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Detailer on them one day at work and not only did it not stain or alter the color, it actually acted better at repelling brake dust than the Chemical Guys. They also say not to use wax on them, but I use Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax as my wash soap on them and nothing happens to them at all. My fear of caring for them has long faded
Thanks for the recommendations, I needed to be using one of those brushes anyways. I've procrastinated getting one for too long.

For the chrome, I try to avoid any harsh chemicals. I used Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel and Tire Cleaner on one of the wheels, following the directions exactly, and it left a few marks. Not noticeable, but I didn't use it on any of the other wheels after that. I can use it on the wheels on our 330i no problem, however, since they're just black-painted.
Old 11-07-22, 01:29 PM
FH212
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

I just felt the steering was a bit weird, and turns out, I was right. Front-right tire was toed-out a little, and rear-right tire was also closer to 0-degree toe. Must've hit a pothole the wrong way.

It definitely felt a bit better after the alignment.

I agree, I should be thankful I am getting replacement wheels, but at the same time, I didn't appreciate how the service manager went on and on on the phone about how the wheel finish shows scratches easily, etc., saying I'm the type who likes to keep my car nice, but most don't (which... )... I don't know, just felt bad, man. Also when I mentioned the curbed wheels, he instantly started trying to defend the guys who worked on the car saying they'd have no reason to lie, etc. OK then. But I literally have a photo of the wheel from this morning where it's not curbed. So who did it? SMH...
Yikes that is terrible service especially from the Manager. I have owned quite a few Lexus's over the years and always had them serviced at my local Lexus dealership. In years past and as recently as last year there was an extreme emphasis on customer satisfaction. Something has changed. I currently have my GS350 in at my local dealer again, for an issue that was supposed to be fixed last Friday when I picked it up and wasn't. They made me reschedule for first thing Monday morning because my service advisor was off on the Friday I picked it up? I asked there isnt someone else that can look at it? I was told no they were too busy. Which I was not happy about at that moment. So I showed up this morning first thing with my appointment and received sort of an attitude from my original service writer about the issue still being present (that was paid $711 to fix) and also providing me a loaner. Which he did with a little bit of an attitude. Never ever ever had felt unwelcomed at a Lexus service place before until now. Maybe everyone is just dealing with other issues like short staff and unqualified mechanics or something.......just hope its not a philosophy change.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 01:30 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Thanks for the recommendations, I needed to be using one of those brushes anyways. I've procrastinated getting one for too long.

For the chrome, I try to avoid any harsh chemicals. I used Meguiar's Hot Rims Wheel and Tire Cleaner on one of the wheels, following the directions exactly, and it left a few marks. Not noticeable, but I didn't use it on any of the other wheels after that. I can use it on the wheels on our 330i no problem, however, since they're just black-painted.
Yeah I've heard the Hot Rims is kinda acidic and has ruined some rims on the Car Crazy forums so I stay clear of it. It's probably the only Meguiars product I don't trust. When I bought my car I figured I'd give Chemical Guys a shot and switch my arsenal to all CG and man was I stupid. You're buying a brand and nothing more. The ONLY products I can speak highly of are their Carbon Force 9H Ceramic Coat and their Sprayable Leather Cleaner and Conditioner. Everything else is utter trash. I have since converted my arsenal back to full Meguiars. I also forgot to mention that I use Chemical Guys Diablo Gel wheel cleaner on the BBS wheels and it too doesn't damage the finish or anything.
Old 11-07-22, 01:33 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by FH212
Yikes that is terrible service especially from the Manager. I have owned quite a few Lexus's over the years and always had them serviced at my local Lexus dealership. In years past and as recently as last year there was an extreme emphasis on customer satisfaction. Something has changed. I currently have my GS350 in at my local dealer again, for an issue that was supposed to be fixed last Friday when I picked it up and wasn't. They made me reschedule for first thing Monday morning because my service advisor was off on the Friday I picked it up? I asked there isnt someone else that can look at it? I was told no they were too busy. Which I was not happy about at that moment. So I showed up this morning first thing with my appointment and received sort of an attitude from my original service writer about the issue still being present (that was paid $711 to fix) and also providing me a loaner. Which he did with a little bit of an attitude. Never ever ever had felt unwelcomed at a Lexus service place before until now. Maybe everyone is just dealing with other issues like short staff and unqualified mechanics or something.......just hope its not a philosophy change.
I have to agree. This is my first Lexus so I can't speak on what Lexus service used to be. But my experience thus far has been meh. And the services are overpriced up the ****. So much so that I've been taking my car to my preferred Toyota dealer that treats my family and I as though we are Akio Toyoda.
The following 4 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Cvija (11-07-22), FH212 (11-07-22), GoHorns (11-07-22), wthrman2 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 01:37 PM
FH212
Pit Crew

I have to agree. This is my first Lexus so I can't speak on what Lexus service used to be. But my experience thus far has been meh. And the services are overpriced up the ****. So much so that I've been taking my car to my preferred Toyota dealer that treats my family and I as though we are Akio Toyoda.
You know, I never thought of taking it to a Toyota dealer! I have a couple great ones here locally. I might try that next time.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 01:39 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by FH212
You know, I never thought of taking it to a Toyota dealer! I have a couple great ones here locally. I might try that next time.
I genuinely can't recommend it enough, especially for any 2GR vehicle. It's essentially the same engine used on half of the Toyota lineup. I can understand 2UR owners being skeptical though since no Toyota product carries that engine. Although I will say this. Browse the RC F and GS F and IS F forums and you will find countless instances where Lexus dealers have either used the wrong oil or overfilled the engines. Point being, even Lexus may be ignorant.
The following 4 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (11-07-22), FH212 (11-07-22), GoHorns (11-07-22), wthrman2 (11-07-22)
Old 11-07-22, 01:40 PM
FH212
Pit Crew

I genuinely can't recommend it enough, especially for any 2GR vehicle. It's essentially the same engine used on half of the Toyota lineup. I can understand 2UR owners being skeptical though since no Toyota product carries that engine. Although I will say this. Browse the RC F and GS F and IS F forums and you will find countless instances where Lexus dealers have either used the wrong oil or overfilled the engines. Point being, even Lexus may be ignorant.
Very good point!
Old 11-07-22, 02:48 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,078 Likes on 1,892 Posts

But I think I really, really would like something with some color. Like, Infrared especially. Not sure if @DLPTony would be salty if I picked up an Ultrasonic Blue one lol. I mean, #bluecrew, but also, that's kinda his thing.
Are you kidding?! I’d be eff’n ecstatic!!

I envision a day where a fleet of USBs…at least 10 deep…roll into the Coffee and Octane venue.

The spectacle would be everything, folks would need oxygen as all that amazingness sucked it up. 😂💙😂💙 #BlueCrewDagnabbit
The following 8 users liked this post by DLPTony:
arentz07 (11-07-22), Carolina50 (11-07-22), CyberNinja (11-08-22), Gabagool (11-08-22), GoHorns (11-07-22), Kanpai (11-07-22), SonicRob99 (11-08-22), wthrman2 (11-08-22) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-08-22, 11:56 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

So I think this may be the first one we've seen... I present to you a GRECIAN WATER IS500. GW with Black Interior. In the past this dealer has done markups and no idea if its spoken for.
New 2023 Lexus IS 500 F SPORT PERFORMANCE PREMIUM 4dr Car in Miami #L94452 | Lexus of Kendall
The following 6 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (11-08-22), Carolina50 (11-08-22), DLPTony (11-08-22), Kanpai (11-08-22), omgandy (11-08-22), wthrman2 (11-09-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-08-22, 11:59 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 987 Likes on 472 Posts

So I think this may be the first one we've seen... I present to you a GRECIAN WATER IS500. GW with Black Interior. In the past this dealer has done markups and no idea if its spoken for.
New 2023 Lexus IS 500 F SPORT PERFORMANCE PREMIUM 4dr Car in Miami #L94452 | Lexus of Kendall
Comes with a 6 speed, nice 😎
Old 11-08-22, 12:05 PM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Comes with a 6 speed, nice 😎
That plus the $2045 for bamboo trim interior. WHAT?
Old 11-08-22, 12:06 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

There's a grecian water IS350 in my area I see on occasion. It's super unique but I think I'd get tired of it as it tends to look flat in shade. It doesnt have the same depth and metal flake as USB which is either bright blue in sun or with a bluish-purple hue in shade.
The following 3 users liked this post by macmaster:
arentz07 (11-08-22), Cvija (11-08-22), DLPTony (11-08-22)
Old 11-08-22, 12:12 PM
martkat
Pit Crew

Received 123 Likes on 71 Posts

Called, already spoken for by a local on their list with a deposit. Great news that GW is alive on the 2023 IS 500!
The following 2 users liked this post by martkat:
Carolina50 (11-08-22), DLPTony (11-08-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales