IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-22, 11:59 AM
Domokun500
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnB225
That would be awesome and super helpful. Thank you!
My dealer has a IS350 in Atomic w black BBS wheels. Looks even better in person, black is the way to go with Atomic.

The following users liked this post:
Cvija (11-14-22)
Old 11-14-22, 12:31 PM
Fman2118
Pit Crew

Received 317 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvija
Yes, that makes sense for last spring. I just got mine this month and got 2.64 and considering the Fed rates, 2.64 is good. I will call Chase once I get the car and see what their refinance rates are.
2.64 is damn good considering where the rates are right now.
Old 11-14-22, 12:33 PM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Fman2118
2.64 is damn good considering where the rates are right now.
Thank you. That is what I thought aa well. That said, I am happy to call around and see if anyone offers a better one as a refinancing rate.
Old 11-15-22, 10:20 AM
jjk26
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

cars.com is listing one 500 at the dealerships in Chantilly, VA and Arlington, VA. Both had red interior listed. No idea on markups

EDIT: looks like quite a few dealerships in MD are showing IS500 on their web site

Last edited by jjk26; 11-15-22 at 11:28 AM.
Kanpai (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 11:04 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Seems like Lexus is swinging hard with the 2023 IS500s. I'm seeing a ton more than last year.
Old 11-15-22, 11:59 AM
JohnB225
9th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wanted to share my brief experience with Lexus of Kendall in Miami. I've been looking for an IS for a few months. Originally, Grecian Water Blue was my top choice. My local dealer has been awesome. Originally got a Cloudburst with Red interior but I really didn't think I'd like the red interior. Then another dealer wanted to swap that for Atomic Silver with Black interior (a combo I really like). So I've been first in line for that one for a bit.. My dealer sells at MSRP as does another dealer in NC (Johnson in Raleigh).

I saw the GWB pop up down in Miami as soon as it hit cars.com. Called and was told it sold. Then it popped up on here that the deal on that one fell through due to bitcoin (whatever). I called this weekend and the guy told me he had 2 deposits on it, but one guy he couldn't get ahold of and the other guy was still thinking about it. So he said if I wanted it, it was mine at $5,000 over MSRP. I know that's kinda BS but I considered it to get the color I wanted. Even though it seems a little fishy they have 3 deposits on the same vehicle and would sell to me. But it looks like it was going to happen. Sent me the price sheet and in addition to the $5k over MSRP there was a $900 doc fee, another $500 electronic document fee, and a few others as well. I called to ask if they would waive those and they said not a chance. Ultimately, I decided I'd be happier buying from my local dealer at MSRP. I really ended up liking both colors (AS and GWB) equally, maybe the AS a little more. So I politely emailed the dealer in Miami and said I would pass. The guy called me and was being pretty pushy. Then he started saying they could negotiate some of those fees because there were two other salesman trying to sell the car to someone else. Anyway maybe this is typical but it was a completely different experience than I've had at my NC dealership.

TL;DR - the GWB is still available in Miami and the price is probably negotiable, but beware of shady salesmen.
The following 4 users liked this post by JohnB225:
arentz07 (11-15-22), Carolina50 (11-15-22), Cvija (11-17-22), TipsyTonio (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 01:17 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnB225
Just wanted to share my brief experience with Lexus of Kendall in Miami. I've been looking for an IS for a few months. Originally, Grecian Water Blue was my top choice. My local dealer has been awesome. Originally got a Cloudburst with Red interior but I really didn't think I'd like the red interior. Then another dealer wanted to swap that for Atomic Silver with Black interior (a combo I really like). So I've been first in line for that one for a bit.. My dealer sells at MSRP as does another dealer in NC (Johnson in Raleigh).

I saw the GWB pop up down in Miami as soon as it hit cars.com. Called and was told it sold. Then it popped up on here that the deal on that one fell through due to bitcoin (whatever). I called this weekend and the guy told me he had 2 deposits on it, but one guy he couldn't get ahold of and the other guy was still thinking about it. So he said if I wanted it, it was mine at $5,000 over MSRP. I know that's kinda BS but I considered it to get the color I wanted. Even though it seems a little fishy they have 3 deposits on the same vehicle and would sell to me. But it looks like it was going to happen. Sent me the price sheet and in addition to the $5k over MSRP there was a $900 doc fee, another $500 electronic document fee, and a few others as well. I called to ask if they would waive those and they said not a chance. Ultimately, I decided I'd be happier buying from my local dealer at MSRP. I really ended up liking both colors (AS and GWB) equally, maybe the AS a little more. So I politely emailed the dealer in Miami and said I would pass. The guy called me and was being pretty pushy. Then he started saying they could negotiate some of those fees because there were two other salesman trying to sell the car to someone else. Anyway maybe this is typical but it was a completely different experience than I've had at my NC dealership.

TL;DR - the GWB is still available in Miami and the price is probably negotiable, but beware of shady salesmen.
Take it from me, a fellow South Floridian, Miami is Scam Central. The sales people and finance managers are the shadiest people ever. Most of them are Cubans fresh off the raft (I'm Cuban so spare me the racism comment) and they're trying to get a quick buck. Exhibit A, a family member of mine that I don't associate with was fired from a Miami Toyota dealer for forging someone's signature in financing and he sold someone a car at Lexus of North Miami that he knew was filled with ants (it had been sitting on an ant pile apparently) because the lady was being annoying. The sad reality is that I wouldn't have expected any other outcome. Lexus of Kendall has been the only dealer in my life that has outright refused to let me test drive a vehicle (a measly low spec IS350) despite me being in the market, and then they had the audacity of calling me every day for two weeks trying to get me to buy a car they had incoming. The worst part is that compared to the other Lexus dealers in Miami, that is actually one of the best ones, which goes to show you how bad Miami is.
Old 11-15-22, 02:00 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

So while getting my oil changed before storing mine for the winter, the dealer told me that they had been allocated a 2023 IS 500 but it got then pulled away...these cars are rare in Canada!!

Answer ... good thing you jumped on yours last February
DLPTony (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 04:07 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 835 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
So while getting my oil changed before storing mine for the winter, the dealer told me that they had been allocated a 2023 IS 500 but it got then pulled away...these cars are rare in Canada!!

Answer ... good thing you jumped on yours last February
Good thing you got me the lead on it!! Glad I did!!
wthrman2 (11-17-22)
Old 11-17-22, 04:21 AM
jjk26
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The dealers in my area are all charging markups and seem to have only getting 1 per dealer. Is this the only allotment for the 2023 model? Or can I wait until more arrive and hope the markups go away?
Old 11-17-22, 04:44 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by jjk26
The dealers in my area are all charging markups and seem to have only getting 1 per dealer. Is this the only allotment for the 2023 model? Or can I wait until more arrive and hope the markups go away?
Last year was usually 1 Launch Edition and 1 Premium per dealer, minus some exceptions both ways (some got 1 more premium, some got only 1 total, some got none). Seems to be tracking the same this year with 1 per dealer. Sadly, seems like markups are here to stay just for that reason, on top of almost every allocation being "fully loaded" Premiums.
wthrman2 (11-17-22)
Old 11-17-22, 05:11 AM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 749 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Take it from me, a fellow South Floridian, Miami is Scam Central. The sales people and finance managers are the shadiest people ever. Most of them are Cubans fresh off the raft (I'm Cuban so spare me the racism comment) and they're trying to get a quick buck. Exhibit A, a family member of mine that I don't associate with was fired from a Miami Toyota dealer for forging someone's signature in financing and he sold someone a car at Lexus of North Miami that he knew was filled with ants (it had been sitting on an ant pile apparently) because the lady was being annoying. The sad reality is that I wouldn't have expected any other outcome. Lexus of Kendall has been the only dealer in my life that has outright refused to let me test drive a vehicle (a measly low spec IS350) despite me being in the market, and then they had the audacity of calling me every day for two weeks trying to get me to buy a car they had incoming. The worst part is that compared to the other Lexus dealers in Miami, that is actually one of the best ones, which goes to show you how bad Miami is.
Painting with a broad brush here, but for high demand cars it seems to be best to buy from smaller market dealers. My experience buying such cars from Austin/Dallas/LA area dealers versus Boise/Spokane/Tucson area dealers could not be more different. I know a number of us on here have flown out to smaller markets just to get their IS500, myself included.

And ya, Miami seems particularly bad for buying pretty much any car. I love old Land Cruisers (FJ40s thru FZJ80s) and dang near every “too good to be true” one offered for sale is coming from the Miami-area.
DLPTony (11-17-22)
Old 11-17-22, 08:03 AM
Lucci
Driver

Received 118 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jjk26
cars.com is listing one 500 at the dealerships in Chantilly, VA and Arlington, VA. Both had red interior listed. No idea on markups

EDIT: looks like quite a few dealerships in MD are showing IS500 on their web site
Weird.... I put a deposit down at Chantilly and haven't heard anything. Text my sales guy and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. From what I can tell it's not a premium and they're selling it for 9k more than the performance. 9K worth of dealer add-ons?
Old 11-17-22, 08:15 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
Weird.... I put a deposit down at Chantilly and haven't heard anything. Text my sales guy and he hasn't gotten back to me yet. From what I can tell it's not a premium and they're selling it for 9k more than the performance. 9K worth of dealer add-ons?
What's a performance?
Old 11-17-22, 08:29 AM
Lucci
Driver

Received 118 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
What's a performance?
Standard model

F Sport Performance $58K MSRP
F Sport Performance Premium $62K MSRP

Chantilly is selling the standard performance for $66K claiming it's MSRP so I guess almost $10K in dealer add-ons but I'm still waiting for my sales guy to get back to me.

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales