IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-22, 10:02 AM
Lexusadict
10th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I rarely post but read often and think this community is amazing. I appreciate the humor, insights, and encouragement from all to pursue their dream cars from forum members. When Lexus announced the Special Appearance 2023 IS500 I texted my salesperson on a whim and asked him to put my name down and earlier this week he confirmed the order and states it is scheduled to be built next week with arrival in November. I bought a 2022 LE in January from him at MSRP (Lexus of Tucson does not mark up any new vehicles) and really should keep only one. Thoughts on Molten Pearl or Incognito as something to keep as a future investment with driving less than 1000 miles a year?
The following 5 users liked this post by Lexusadict:
Cvija (11-05-22), DLPTony (10-11-22), LEO2022 (12-20-22), macmaster (10-07-22), wthrman2 (10-07-22)
Old 10-07-22, 10:09 AM
emmetoj15
8th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just heard from my dealer they have an ultra white with the black BBS wheels. Wanted black on black but im gonna take this.
The following 4 users liked this post by emmetoj15:
Carolina50 (10-07-22), DLPTony (10-11-22), macmaster (10-07-22), wthrman2 (10-07-22)
Old 10-07-22, 10:14 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

You will not regret white but i am biased.

I think you meant Black Enkei wheels?!
Old 10-07-22, 10:15 AM
emmetoj15
8th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill take your word on it and yes thats what i meant apologies
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-07-22)
Old 10-07-22, 10:37 AM
felixcat
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusadict
I rarely post but read often and think this community is amazing. I appreciate the humor, insights, and encouragement from all to pursue their dream cars from forum members. When Lexus announced the Special Appearance 2023 IS500 I texted my salesperson on a whim and asked him to put my name down and earlier this week he confirmed the order and states it is scheduled to be built next week with arrival in November. I bought a 2022 LE in January from him at MSRP (Lexus of Tucson does not mark up any new vehicles) and really should keep only one. Thoughts on Molten Pearl or Incognito as something to keep as a future investment with driving less than 1000 miles a year?
I would not suggest framing any car (not just the IS500) into the "collectible" or "investment" mindset, because no matter how it was advertised or hyped, it is just a temporary thing. It is extremely rare and closed to impossible that a car can be collectible or a investment. Even for those ultra rare that have commanded a high price in auctions, their value are highly volatile and purely depend on luck to find a buyer.

Every time Lexus published a high perf model, there always were people wishing that one will become collectible, for example for GS-F here, and even from time to time people who like Lexus product wish the collectible list to exist and be accepted publicly. But the reality proved non of this will happen.

So far I have not seen a single owner who initially believed firmly, resolutely that the car he bought is collectible and an investment, is able to keep that car for like 10 years without getting boring at it. Most of the cases I see them just become less interested in the old love and finally found some reasons to get rid of it, and then bought another "now-I-think-this-new-one-will-be-collectible" new model, and repeat this process again every 3-5 years.

But anyway, paying MSRP may be reasonable given the current market, but over MSRP will be a waste when one looking back at it after a couple years, just like those who pay $5,000 over MSRP to buy a PT Cruiser back in 2000.
Old 10-07-22, 10:40 AM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
You will not regret white but i am biased.

I think you meant Black Enkei wheels?!
I've been confused by this because on the site it says BBS lmao. Even though I know last year they were Enkei.

Old 10-07-22, 12:07 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

I would 100% trade "down" from LE to SA (special apperance). Not only is Molten Pearl a cooler and rarer color than Incognito, but its also a less expensive car and your residual value will be higher long-term since it's not the first model year. If you have a local salesperson who is a joy to work with even more power to you. Many of us can't trade as easily as you because it was a headache enough getting the first car.

I agree with the person who said it's not really a collector car though.
Old 10-07-22, 12:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pandahatch
I've been confused by this because on the site it says BBS lmao. Even though I know last year they were Enkei.
I believe the BBS is an available option for everybody now, regardless of color/edition. So a base + BBS wheels is pretty cool combo. Lexus threw every rule of optioning out the window this year. It's madness!
gcmak (10-08-22)
Old 10-07-22, 12:10 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Originally Posted by pandahatch

Well, the stock OEM wheels on the IS 500 are the black Enkei wheels unless you get the special edition in Molten Lava that have the BBS wheels. That is not to say that the BBS arent available as a standalone option which this is what you have listed
Old 10-07-22, 12:26 PM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Well, the stock OEM wheels on the IS 500 are the black Enkei wheels unless you get the special edition in Molten Lava that have the BBS wheels. That is not to say that the BBS arent available as a standalone option which this is what you have listed
Damn I was so confused. I thought the Enkei were the upgrade lmao
Old 10-07-22, 12:39 PM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 282 Likes on 141 Posts

I live in CA and got my IS 500 from Lexus of Tuscon and it makes me wish I had such a good dealership around here. They were amazing to work with.
Old 10-07-22, 12:43 PM
Lexusadict
10th Gear

I guess I should have said something other than collectible. I don't expect to make money on any car I buy and I only go for ones that make me smile whenever I see them. In today's world of grey the Molten Pearl just seems a little more appealing. I bought the LE for the interior because that is what is most important to me. I daily drive a 2020 GS-F and used to daily a 2018 LC Inspiration but the IS and LC spend most of the time in the garage. The LE kind of fell into my lap after being extremely disappointed with my local dealer wanted a last minute mark up of $17k. I agree with macmaster that molten pearl is a more cool color and I should be able to break even on the trade or come out slightly ahead. If anyone is looking for an LE with less than 1000 miles I can pass along the sales info.
Old 10-07-22, 12:55 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Dang you daily a 2020 GS F? GS F is way better than the IS500. What are you doing here? Lol.
Old 10-07-22, 01:07 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Dang you daily a 2020 GS F? GS F is way better than the IS500. What are you doing here? Lol.
For real! If I had a GS-F and an LC, I wouldn't even consider another car. The GS-F is in my opinion peak Lexus design/engineering. The infamous V8 in a giant 4 door sedan that looks amazing. It truly is a shame Lexus killed the GS. I think Lexus should've just upgraded the interior and the GS would've begun to sell like Hotcakes.
macmaster (10-07-22)
Old 10-07-22, 01:44 PM
Lexusadict
10th Gear

My first Lexus was a 2014 IS-F and I was trying to bring back those memories with the IS500. The GS F scratches that itch and it is certified so it gets driven daily.I bought the GS F online sight unseen and 10 minutes later the salesman called me to say he had an LE. called the wife to ask what would she do and she said buy them both. Best wife ever!
The following 2 users liked this post by Lexusadict:
gcmak (10-08-22), macmaster (10-07-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales