IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-22, 09:03 PM
lojackfty
Intermediate

Received 221 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Doctj

Somewhere in California
Thats my car, but I'm thinking about having them trade it for a cloudburst gray
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (11-19-22)
Old 11-18-22, 04:47 AM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by lojackfty
do you have a picture of it, not the one that's been floating around
I do not yet. It is coming mid December. I will post pictures of it as soon as I get a chance to go see it.
I say as soon as I go see it because I am not picking it up until January 3rd.
DLPTony (11-19-22)
Old 11-18-22, 04:51 AM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by lojackfty
Thats my car, but I'm thinking about having them trade it for a cloudburst gray
Don't do it. Stay with Molten Pearl. I kept looking at that picture and thinking to myself, did I mess up going so bold and bright on the color, but then I noticed all the white and gray colored Lexus(s) that it is surrounded by, even that white LC500, and I realized I did the right thing. World needs a bit of color.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cvija:
DLPTony (11-19-22), wthrman2 (11-18-22)
Old 11-18-22, 04:58 AM
Doctj
Intermediate

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvija
Don't do it. Stay with Molten Pearl. I kept looking at that picture and thinking to myself, did I mess up going so bold and bright on the color, but then I noticed all the white and gray colored Lexus(s) that it is surrounded by, even that white LC500, and I realized I did the right thing. World needs a bit of color.
absolutely agree
DLPTony (11-19-22)
Old 11-18-22, 05:01 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Next time you go on a drive, count all the non-neutral colored cars. You'll be happy with your choice after.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kanpai:
Cvija (11-18-22), DLPTony (11-19-22), wthrman2 (11-18-22)
Old 11-18-22, 05:08 AM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Next time you go on a drive, count all the non-neutral colored cars. You'll be happy with your choice after.
I absolutely agree 👍🏼. I am very excited for it and happy with my choice.
DLPTony (11-19-22)
Old 11-18-22, 06:38 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
I actually do this. With SUVs and crossovers too. My game is White gray black and silver SUVs = you lose. Tesla = you lose hugely. These people have successfully assimilated into modern society, blending perfectly into the background as NPCs.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
Cvija (11-18-22), Kanpai (11-18-22)
Old 11-18-22, 07:16 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Totally agree, but so does law enforcement Bright colors get more attention in bad ways too lol

I'd keep the molten pearl over gray all day long. I bet it looks better in person. The rear pic catching more sun looks like it is a great color that needs the right light for a good pic.
Old 11-18-22, 07:22 AM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by 95bat
Totally agree, but so does law enforcement Bright colors get more attention in bad ways too lol

I'd keep the molten pearl over gray all day long. I bet it looks better in person. The rear pic catching more sun looks like it is a great color that needs the right light for a good pic.
We all need something to do that includes law enforcement 😁.
I will do my best to behave with it 😉.

I have seen a GS-F in that color in person. It does look great in person and yes the light plays a huge role in this color's appearance.
Old 11-18-22, 07:50 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

The color reminds me of a habanero Prius C. But that was a really bad car.

I think in direct sunlight your Molten Pearl will look more on the light and creamy side like the photo we've been seeing. But in the shade or indoors it'll be a nice deep orange. See below for an extreme example.

Cvija (11-18-22)
Old 11-18-22, 11:39 AM
ToYourGSE
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Wealth befalls many that are mentally challenged with no actual skill or contribution to society, like influencers, celebrities, and I might add some politicians. So yes, someone can make poor life decisions while having a lot of money, and that would still make you an idiot.
Not to stir up drama but this is absolutely true. While many poor people are very bad at managing money, and could improve their situation a whole lot with some discipline, a lot of wealthy/upper middle class people are just as bad at it. The only difference is they have a lot of money which insulates them from their bad decisions.
The following 2 users liked this post by ToYourGSE:
CyberNinja (11-18-22), wthrman2 (11-18-22)
Old 11-18-22, 12:55 PM
IS500SM
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey guys,

Anyone have a lead on an atomic silver over black leather or a dealer willing to take an MSRP order/deposit?
Old 11-18-22, 01:48 PM
martkat
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Hennessy Lexus - Gwinnett, GA

Received a call from sales at Hennessy today about two incoming cars - Atomic Silver/Black and Molten Pearl/Black. I'm #1 on their list but not interested in either color combo. There was some small talk implying that they are now "considering" market conditions regarding pricing.

They couldn't tell me what they would potentially add but that they would evaluate the climate once the cars are received and make a decision at that point. Interesting because back when I gave them a deposit they assured me they were selling at MSRP.

I let them know that I passed up buying my color combo of Grecian Water/Black from a dealer in Miami due to market adjustment pricing and that I would pass on them as well if that was their stance.

They are keeping me on their list however.
The following 2 users liked this post by martkat:
arentz07 (11-20-22), DLPTony (11-19-22)
Old 11-18-22, 02:08 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by martkat
Received a call from sales at Hennessy today about two incoming cars - Atomic Silver/Black and Molten Pearl/Black. I'm #1 on their list but not interested in either color combo. There was some small talk implying that they are now "considering" market conditions regarding pricing.

They couldn't tell me what they would potentially add but that they would evaluate the climate once the cars are received and make a decision at that point. Interesting because back when I gave them a deposit they assured me they were selling at MSRP.

I let them know that I passed up buying my color combo of Grecian Water/Black from a dealer in Miami due to market adjustment pricing and that I would pass on them as well if that was their stance.

They are keeping me on their list however.
They sound like amateurs going back and forth like that. Tell them to either honor their word to you from before or mark it up like a man.
DLPTony (11-19-22)
Old 11-18-22, 02:18 PM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by macmaster
They sound like amateurs going back and forth like that. Tell them to either honor their word to you from before or mark it up like a man.
For anyone here, when the dealership tells you they will give you MSRP or whatever price you agree on, have them fill out and sign a buyers order. Have the sales person, general sales manager and you sign it and make sure you have a copy of it. Then you have it black on white. Do not just go with a given word and a hand shake.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cvija:
arentz07 (11-20-22), DLPTony (11-19-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales