IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-22, 03:29 PM
Lucci
Driver

Received 118 Likes on 42 Posts

Yesterday Pohanka Lexus told me I went from 14 to 10 on the list. Originally the sales guy told me I was 3 on the list. Was a little bummed after that and was just looking on cars dot com. Saw an ultra white about 110 miles away and figured I would grasp. Sales guy got back to me quick and said it was physically there and unclaimed. He then told me there was a 5k markup but I told him I I didn't want to pay it. He said make an offer so we split the difference at 2.5k. I put a deposit down and will be taking the train to Deleware to pick it up on wednesday. Tomorrow he said he would send me pics and video walk around.

In the matter of two hours I went from no car to lucking my way into an ultra white. The sale guy said originally it was claimed but something happened and it was up for grabs.

Happy Thanksgiving and don't give up reach out to dealers. They really wanted it off the lot by December first to avoid paying taxes.

Last edited by Lucci; 11-24-22 at 03:44 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by Lucci:
Carolina50 (11-24-22), Frunkey (11-24-22), jororo (11-25-22), kcarr91 (11-25-22), macmaster (11-24-22), SonicRob99 (11-25-22), wthrman2 (11-25-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-24-22, 04:09 PM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucci
Yesterday Pohanka Lexus told me I went from 14 to 10 on the list. Originally the sales guy told me I was 3 on the list. Was a little bummed after that and was just looking on cars dot com. Saw an ultra white about 110 miles away and figured I would grasp. Sales guy got back to me quick and said it was physically there and unclaimed. He then told me there was a 5k markup but I told him I I didn't want to pay it. He said make an offer so we split the difference at 2.5k. I put a deposit down and will be taking the train to Deleware to pick it up on wednesday. Tomorrow he said he would send me pics and video walk around.

In the matter of two hours I went from no car to lucking my way into an ultra white. The sale guy said originally it was claimed but something happened and it was up for grabs.

Happy Thanksgiving and don't give up reach out to dealers. They really wanted it off the lot by December first to avoid paying taxes.
Congratulations and happy Thanksgiving!!!
The following users liked this post:
Lucci (11-24-22)
Old 11-24-22, 11:54 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

He said make an offer
Those are words I miss hearing. So often things are non-negotiable, even before covid some Lexus dealerships have a hard-rule against haggling. Congratulations!
Old 11-25-22, 03:25 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

^^ I could make you an offer but I am not sure if you would like it, and I think Carolina50 would be jealous (LOL)

Lucci - That is the combo I have (white with red interior) and I think you will be very happy. After having some initial reservation about the red interior (worried there was too much), I frikin love it now and wouldn't go any different although I still go a bit gaga when I see a white interior like my 2021 IS. Congrats on getting yours and the weekend will feel like an eternity (lol)
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (11-25-22), DLPTony (11-25-22), jororo (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 03:28 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Oh my goodness, what an AWESOME story!!! Catalogue the experience and post the pics.

This car is 100% worth it, whether it’s 110 miles or 857 miles in my case, do whatever it takes to get it.

Plains, Trains, Show some leg on the street corner…

Go. Get. It. 😎
Old 11-25-22, 03:30 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I could make you an offer but I am not sure if you would like it, and I think Carolina50 would be jealous (LOL)

Congrats on getting yours and the weekend will feel like an eternity (lol)
LOL! Right on both…
Old 11-25-22, 05:10 AM
kcarr91
Driver School Candidate

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats, I'm also on the list at Pohanka Lexus, as they don't do any markups nor mandatory dealer add ons so guessing that is why they have a longer list. Will be interesting to see how quickly this list moves with some people such as yourself getting their cars sooner from other dealers. Come on Caviar / Black!
DLPTony (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 06:25 AM
Cvija
Driver

For anyone looking for great experience and no markups try https://www.mungenastlexusofstlouis.com/
DLPTony (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 12:24 PM
Lucci
Driver

Thanks everyone! Im pretty pumped about it.

Got sent a start up video this morning. Wednesday cant get here soon enough.
https://vidmails.com/v/xHuUT3bSTr

I would absolutely take advantage of it being the end the month. Dealers don’t want to pay the taxes on Dec 1st and will come off the markups. If you find one available just negotiate the markup we have the leverage until Thursday.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucci:
Cvija (11-25-22), DLPTony (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 12:40 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

^^ It sounds even better in person although zome have modified their exhaust to make it throatier but still nothing beats a v8!
Old 11-25-22, 12:44 PM
Lucci
Driver

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ It sounds even better in person although zome have modified their exhaust to make it throatier but still nothing beats a v8!
I really like the sound clips of the RR Valvetronic Bazooka.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lucci:
Cvija (11-25-22), wthrman2 (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 01:40 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Thanks everyone! Im pretty pumped about it.

Got sent a start up video this morning. Wednesday cant get here soon enough.
https://vidmails.com/v/xHuUT3bSTr
You should be pumped! This is the adult version of the ginormous box taunting you from under the Christmas tree. 😜

Side note, are all sales people at the water’s edge of helplessness? Three of the four I dealt with had the same tone (whininess?) about someone not helping them with something. Very strange. 😂

Old 11-25-22, 02:22 PM
Lucci
Driver

Originally Posted by DLPTony
You should be pumped! This is the adult version of the ginormous box taunting you from under the Christmas tree. 😜

Side note, are all sales people at the water’s edge of helplessness? Three of the four I dealt with had the same tone (whininess?) about someone not helping them with something. Very strange. 😂
😂😂😂 thats the truth

Pohanka was OK the sales guy ghosted me for a week when I asked about an IS500 I saw on their site. I would think with a 5K deposit down they would be more responsive.

Wilmington has been awesome so far. Erik has been great to work with. When I said I was passing because of the markup he was like if its too steep make an offer and I’ll try to get it done.

Last edited by Lucci; 11-25-22 at 02:27 PM.
DLPTony (11-25-22)
Old 11-25-22, 02:51 PM
Lucci
Driver

Are you guys abiding by a certain break in period before driving hard? This 110 mile return trip is going to be tough not to get on it a little bit.
Old 11-25-22, 03:12 PM
Cvija
Driver

Are you guys abiding by a certain break in period before driving hard? This 110 mile return trip is going to be tough not to get on it a little bit.
I have not received mine yet, but when I do, I will be abiding by the break in period.
From what I saw, the breakin period is 1000 km ot 621 miles.
I think the procedure is a simple one. No full throttle runs over some defined speed (not sure what that speed is) and keeping the engine below 5000 RPM and varying the engine speed.

Last edited by Cvija; 11-25-22 at 03:17 PM.
Lucci (11-25-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales