IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-22, 02:15 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusadict
My first Lexus was a 2014 IS-F and I was trying to bring back those memories with the IS500. The GS F scratches that itch and it is certified so it gets driven daily.I bought the GS F online sight unseen and 10 minutes later the salesman called me to say he had an LE. called the wife to ask what would she do and she said buy them both. Best wife ever!
You did good.

The following users liked this post:
CyberNinja (10-09-22)
Old 10-10-22, 07:15 AM
Lexusadict
10th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Dang you daily a 2020 GS F? GS F is way better than the IS500. What are you doing here? Lol.
There is not much happening on the GS F and LC threads compared to this one. I enjoy the information and passion this forum has for the IS500.
macmaster (10-10-22)
Old 10-10-22, 08:39 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexusadict
There is not much happening on the GS F and LC threads compared to this one. I enjoy the information and passion this forum has for the IS500.
Same. Probably because its a new car. It's fun to see new people jacked up to get one.
Old 10-10-22, 10:34 PM
lojackfty
Intermediate

Received 221 Likes on 104 Posts

Lexus of Valencia is charging 30-50K over, they haven't decided yet what its going to be.
Old 10-11-22, 12:54 AM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 284 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by lojackfty
Lexus of Valencia is charging 30-50K over, they haven't decided yet what its going to be.
I love my car, but if you have 100k to spend on a car please buy an LC500, GSF, RCF, LS500 or even something outside of Lexus for that.

Edit: not you specifically to whom I am replying just a general statement into the wind
Old 10-11-22, 03:15 AM
lojackfty
Intermediate

Received 221 Likes on 104 Posts
Default No thanks

Originally Posted by Renault
I love my car, but if you have 100k to spend on a car please buy an LC500, GSF, RCF, LS500 or even something outside of Lexus for that.

Edit: not you specifically to whom I am replying just a general statement into the wind
I have been doing my research and have located some dealers that will do the Molten Pearl at MSRP, of course they are out of state and I am going to have to ship it to me but thats way cheaper than the bull**** they are pulling. Thankfully there are still some honest dealerships out there. In reply to your comment not directed specifically at me, I have a GSF, RCF TE, and 2 different 2012 ISF's, wanted to play around with the IS 500.
Old 10-11-22, 04:46 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,891 Posts

I think the Molten Pearl is amazing. If I didn’t have the USB, it or the Infrared would be the other choice. Since I planned (from the beginning) to keep mine forever, my color choice had to be acceptable to 60, 70, and 80 year old me. 😜

The HotCars video Mac posted totally echoed and encapsulated my opinions about the LC, RC F, and the GS F. They’re all phenomenal cars, but the overall daily livability, hands down, goes to the IS 500. (For me.) The GS is waaay to big, the LC/RC do not have enough cabin space, and all three lack the touchscreen. <— It’s a big deal in my opinion.

Certain aspects of all three are better than the IS 500, but this car, overall, does everything well. It’s like my condo, I’m not in the penthouse, but I’m in the building.

The ‘Awesome Adjacent’ life is perfect for me! 😉👍🏽

GOOD LUCK!!

roquesmd1 (10-19-22)
Old 10-11-22, 06:55 AM
Gabagool
10th Gear

Received 35 Likes on 5 Posts

Spoke to some dealers in the Chicagoland area. Most don’t know if/when they’re getting cars, but Lexus of Orland has a Caviar on red incoming with about $4k of dealer accessories… and a $10k markup on top of that
Old 10-11-22, 08:19 AM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,201 Likes on 357 Posts

^^ I am in Michigan & luckily got my Launch Edition locally at msrp back in January. But I remember I called McGrath Lexus had a IS500 premium up for grabs but wanted $5k markup.
Old 10-11-22, 11:21 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,891 Posts

So I was contacted by a sales rep at Butler Lexus in Union City. He has a 2023 IS 500 allocated and wants to make a deal. WARNING: It’s $10K over sticker, but maybe someone here is more adept at getting them down.

Eric Scott
770-480-8686

Old 10-11-22, 12:23 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by lojackfty
the crazy thing, is they sold 2 LE's early this year for $20k over, so they won't have a problem moving what ever inventory they get. i was on they're waiting list for an LE and they didn't want to budge when they received their first one...so i got mine at Longo. they were selling the premiums for $5 -10k over and ppl still bought them.
Old 10-11-22, 03:21 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cp2
the crazy thing, is they sold 2 LE's early this year for $20k over, so they won't have a problem moving what ever inventory they get. i was on they're waiting list for an LE and they didn't want to budge when they received their first one...so i got mine at Longo. they were selling the premiums for $5 -10k over and ppl still bought them.
How was your experience at Longo? You must have been really early on the list. They're a massive dealership. I almost got on their list in January and I think I was like #30.
Old 10-11-22, 08:13 PM
cp2
Racer

How was your experience at Longo? You must have been really early on the list. They're a massive dealership. I almost got on their list in January and I think I was like #30.
I don't really have any complaints about Longo. I was on their waiting list, w/ deposit, since the news release of the IS500. the received 3 LEs from jump. when they received, they told me $10k over and I held off. I bought mine 31 Dec and they damn near got rid of the mark up to sell before the new year. the first one they received, someone paid the 10k ransom. the other one was picked up the same day I picked mine up, but I wasn't able to ask the buyer if he/she paid a mark up. the craziest part was I was only at the dealership for about 30 min and I was off w/ my new bucket! that was the fastest I've ever been at a dealership to buy a new car! it may have taken a little longer if I was doing a trade in, but I sold my '15 IS cause I received a higher offer than the dealership was offering. one cool thing about Longo, I filled out a credit report the day they asked for the deposit (against my own judgement) but they never charged my card for the deposit amount and I never wrote a check.

they did receive another LE and it sold right after the new year. they did mark that one up too, but I don't remember how much. stupid Valencia said that they would match Longo the same day I went to pick my car up...I laughed. but then again, they did end up selling the one for $20k over.

Last edited by cp2; 10-11-22 at 08:17 PM.
macmaster (10-11-22)
Old 10-11-22, 08:19 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cp2
I don't really have any complaints about Longo. I was on their waiting list, w/ deposit, since the news release of the IS500. the received 3 LEs from jump. when they received, they told me $10k over and I held off. I bought mine 31 Dec and they damn near got rid of the mark up to sell before the new year. the first one they received, someone paid the 10k ransom. the other one was picked up the same day I picked mine up, but I wasn't able to ask the buyer if he/she paid a mark up. the craziest part was I was only at the dealership for about 30 min and I was off w/ my new bucket! that was the fastest I've ever been at a dealership to buy a new car! it may have taken a little longer if I was doing a trade in, but I sold my '15 IS cause I received a higher offer than the dealership was offering. one cool thing about Longo, I filled out a credit report the day they asked for the deposit (against my own judgement) but they never charged my card for the deposit amount and I never wrote a check.

they did receive another LE and it sold right after the new year. they did mark that one up too, but I don't remember how much. stupid Valencia said that they would match Longo the same day I went to pick my car up...I laughed. but then again, they did end up selling the one for $20k over.
weird they did a markup in December. They told me no markups but that was in January. I don’t think they got many cars after that.
Old 10-11-22, 08:22 PM
cp2
Racer

weird they did a markup in December. They told me no markups but that was in January. I don’t think they got many cars after that.
yes, that's what they told me initially as well. after the 4th LE, I think they only received several premiums but not sure of the total. they did sell everything they had quickly though. Valencia had several 500s cause of the mark ups. they sat for a while, but word got out about how slow inventory was coming in, things moved quickly..even with the mark ups on the premiums. but if you know Valencia and Santa Clarita, money's no issue over there...like costa mesa.

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales