IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-22, 04:30 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
The time has finally come! After over a year long wait and lots of shenanigans, my baby finally arrived!
WHOOHOO!!! Congrats!!

Originally Posted by Riv8
Just placed a deposit on a 23 caviar, black interior, with the enkei wheels. Upgrading from an 08 ISF. Applying for financing tomorrow but wanted to see what IR others have been getting. Not sure if I should go through Toyota financial or my local credit union (teachers fed cu)
NICE!! So glad you’ll be in the family SOON!
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Kanpai (12-06-22), Riv8 (12-06-22)
Old 12-06-22, 04:40 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Just placed a deposit on a 23 caviar, black interior, with the enkei wheels. Upgrading from an 08 ISF. Applying for financing tomorrow but wanted to see what IR others have been getting. Not sure if I should go through Toyota financial or my local credit union (teachers fed cu)
Looking at Teachers Fed rates, you would be better off going through Lexus. Top tier credit would put you in the 4's. I didn't personally go through them because my local CU offered an absurdly low rate.
The following users liked this post:
Riv8 (12-06-22)
Old 12-06-22, 05:13 PM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Check out your location CU. They should have the rates posted on their websites.
If you see what you like get it done because Lexus rates are high right now.
Riv8 (12-06-22)
Old 12-06-22, 05:22 PM
Riv8
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvija
Check out your location CU. They should have the rates posted on their websites.
If you see what you like get it done because Lexus rates are high right now.
Originally Posted by Kanpai
Looking at Teachers Fed rates, you would be better off going through Lexus. Top tier credit would put you in the 4's. I didn't personally go through them because my local CU offered an absurdly low rate.
Thank you both for the information. Hopefully, I get a good rate tomorrow. Was hoping they would have incentives since it is December to Remember but all the programs exclude the IS500.
Old 12-06-22, 06:23 PM
vpar23
Pit Crew

Received 142 Likes on 76 Posts

Thank you both for the information. Hopefully, I get a good rate tomorrow. Was hoping they would have incentives since it is December to Remember but all the programs exclude the IS500.

I am getting caviar on red. Car arrives on the 21st. They said I apply for all the financing rates even though it excludes is500 (i.e either 4.75 for 50, or 5.25 for 72)
wthrman2 (12-07-22)
Old 12-06-22, 07:55 PM
Riv8
Rookie

Wow! That is my desired build; it is a perfect spec. Rates are not bad relative to the market.
Old 12-06-22, 10:24 PM
MoltenDebt
Driver

Received 179 Likes on 50 Posts

After having two IS500s slip through my hands this past year, opportunity knocked and I put a deposit down on a Molten Pearl last night, delivery will be sometime around March.
The following 3 users liked this post by MoltenDebt:
Cvija (12-07-22), DLPTony (12-07-22), wthrman2 (12-07-22)
Old 12-06-22, 11:30 PM
CyberNinja
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 22 Posts

After putting down a $2k deposit for a UW on Red in September and inquired just last month as to whether there’s any updates and my salesman replied back coming off as a tiny bit rude in an email saying “As stated before, this a rare car and take months, once we have the car allocated I will let you know”. I wanted to say a simple “no, not yet” would’ve sufficed. I would understand the tone if I pestered him every waking day about it, but this was about 2 months in. But anyway, I was just checking in to see about if it’s wise to continue waiting for this one or should I keep looking around across the country more urgently and aggressively (Willing to go as far west as Ohio and as far south as Florida from NYC) and should I also apply for financing with my CU right now or wait until it’s closer?

Last edited by CyberNinja; 12-06-22 at 11:33 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CyberNinja:
DLPTony (12-07-22), Kanpai (12-07-22)
Old 12-06-22, 11:33 PM
Riv8
Rookie

Go on cars.com, filter by new, sort by newly listed, and check every day to see what is new. I am in NY, picking up my IS500 caviar with black interior, enkeis from CT. If you want iridium, black, bbs wheels; feel free to PM - MSRP.
The following 2 users liked this post by Riv8:
Cvija (12-07-22), DLPTony (12-07-22)
Old 12-06-22, 11:35 PM
Riv8
Rookie

Lexus of Smithtown had white/red/BBS. Sold for 5k over.
DLPTony (12-07-22)
Old 12-07-22, 03:36 AM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberNinja
After putting down a $2k deposit for a UW on Red in September and inquired just last month as to whether there’s any updates and my salesman replied back coming off as a tiny bit rude in an email saying “As stated before, this a rare car and take months, once we have the car allocated I will let you know”. I wanted to say a simple “no, not yet” would’ve sufficed. I would understand the tone if I pestered him every waking day about it, but this was about 2 months in. But anyway, I was just checking in to see about if it’s wise to continue waiting for this one or should I keep looking around across the country more urgently and aggressively (Willing to go as far west as Ohio and as far south as Florida from NYC) and should I also apply for financing with my CU right now or wait until it’s closer?
it never hurts to look. See what is available.
Regarding the rates, keep an eye in them, but do not apply yet. They are only good for 30 days. I would say apply, lock it in and get your money on the last day of the month you applied once you have the VIN and the selling price from the dealership. You will most likely wait another month and a half to two months for the car once the dealership gives you the VIN and pricing info and you do not want to sit during that time and let the rates go up. Instead get the money early and maybe even make a payment on the loan before the car gets there, vut at least you will have a better rate as ever month rates have gone up.
DLPTony (12-07-22)
Old 12-07-22, 04:20 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

But anyway, I was just checking in to see about if it’s wise to continue waiting for this one or should I keep looking around across the country more urgently and aggressively (Willing to go as far west as Ohio and as far south as Florida from NYC) and should I also apply for financing with my CU right now or wait until it’s closer?
You know what, eff that dude. Don’t say anything to him, but bust a$$ to find the car elsewhere. If you’re able to get it from someone else, great and your deposit will be returned. If not, fine at least you did something to not feel like a hostage.
wthrman2 (12-07-22)
Old 12-07-22, 05:09 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

I would definitely reach out to as many dealers as possible. Cherry Hill Lexus and McDermott Lexus both have cars up for grabs, as far as I know, and are both MSRP (contact Damion and Tony, respectively, and say Steve sent you). Haldeman Lexus didn't get their allocation yet.

Also, wait on applying for financing. Wait until you have a rough delivery date on the car, get pre-approvals, and they are good for a certain amount of time. If you apply now, you'll have a hard inquiry and the window is only for 15 days, and you'll be stuck with it. Lexus likely may be your best shot, unless you get a local CU that blows them away.
DLPTony (12-07-22)
Old 12-07-22, 06:08 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
You know what, eff that dude. Don’t say anything to him, but bust a$$ to find the car elsewhere. If you’re able to get it from someone else, great and your deposit will be returned. If not, fine at least you did something to not feel like a hostage.
Agreed. You can ship a car for a lot cheaper than a lot of these ridiculous "market adjustments" going on these days. Or just buy some track wrap and drive it home!
DLPTony (12-07-22)
Old 12-07-22, 06:32 AM
Lucci
Driver

Received 118 Likes on 42 Posts

This is where I got mine ask for Erik he will take care of you! Not sure if it's available but I inquired through car dot com and a week later it was mine.

@CyberNinja sent you a PM with Erik's cell so you can text/call direct

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/f...-1ddd72e5f99c/

Last edited by Lucci; 12-07-22 at 06:38 AM. Reason: add sales nam
CyberNinja (12-08-22)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales