IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-22, 08:03 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvija
I saw it few years back somewhere and I thought about it when I read the post of keeping the milage down. Sew me 😉
Nothing wrong with the quote, love the quote. It's good ammo against PPF lovers. What I found amusing was how you continued to take credit for it, and how many ppl here had never heard it before.
Old 12-29-22, 08:19 AM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Nothing wrong with the quote, love the quote. It's good ammo against PPF lovers. What I found amusing was how you continued to take credit for it, and how many ppl here had never heard it before.
😁
I figured it was not an exact quote, I wrote it as I recalled it what is the harm in taking some credit.
It is not like I am writing a book and needed to show my references 😉.
It is all in bit of fun, or at least it was earlier until the scolding 😉.
Just messing with you. All good.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (12-29-22)
Old 12-29-22, 08:25 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

::chuckling:: You and the PPF hate…

Let.
It.
Go.

​​​​​​….because clearly most ain’t listen’n. 😂

I’m not normally in a space where such talk takes place, so it was quite Snicker-Worthy to me!

Gentlemen…even if you think it’s a re-tread…post away. It doesn’t bother me and 10 year old Tony may get a good hoot out of it. 😎
Old 12-29-22, 01:33 PM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by DLPTony
::chuckling:: You and the PPF hate…

Let.
It.
Go.

​​​​​​….because clearly most ain’t listen’n. 😂

I’m not normally in a space where such talk takes place, so it was quite Snicker-Worthy to me!

Gentlemen…even if you think it’s a re-tread…post away. It doesn’t bother me and 10 year old Tony may get a good hoot out of it. 😎
, here is to to 10 year old Tony for finding it funny.
Honestly, both 10 year old Boris and 41 year old Boris both found it funny, that is why I posted it.

@macmaster, I will do a better job of posting my references next time and no false credit taking . I hope we are good.

Anyway, a bit of a day today. For a bit I thought I was going to have to give up my MP IS500. Turns out it will work out after all.

Happy New Year ALL and for those that already got your 2023 IS500s, enjoy them and congratulations.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cvija:
DLPTony (12-29-22), wthrman2 (12-30-22)
Old 12-29-22, 02:30 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

, here is to to 10 year old Tony for finding it funny.
Honestly, both 10 year old Boris and 41 year old Boris both found it funny, that is why I posted it.

@macmaster, I will do a better job of posting my references next time and no false credit taking . I hope we are good.

Anyway, a bit of a day today. For a bit I thought I was going to have to give up my MP IS500. Turns out it will work out after all.

Happy New Year ALL and for those that already got your 2023 IS500s, enjoy them and congratulations.
::snickering:: 51 year old Tony got a hoot out of it too. 😜

Don’t mind Mac, he’s just the resident contrarian (and secret big softie) in the family. There’s always one… 😉

What almost happened to your MP?! 😳

Happy NewYear back at ya!
Cvija (12-29-22)
Old 12-29-22, 02:50 PM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by DLPTony
::snickering:: 51 year old Tony got a hoot out of it too. 😜

Don’t mind Mac, he’s just the resident contrarian (and secret big softie) in the family. There’s always one… 😉

What almost happened to your MP?! 😳

Happy NewYear back at ya!
Thx Tony, and Mac is good. I like the family feel here.

So my MP, funny story. I get a call from my dealership in November that they are getting one and that it was built on October 31st (how cool that it is MP and build on Halloween &#127875.
​​​​​They wanted to know if I wanted it.
I immediately jump on it. Gave them my deposit and got started on my loan process.
So this is where it gets interesting. I check out my CU website and the rates have not changed even though I knew they were going up. I call them up and ask them to honor it. I get a 2.64% for 60 months and all I needed to do is give them the VIN and Buyers Order. I told them to get started on it and I would get the BO from the dealership. The dealership got me one as soon as they heard the rate I was getting.
I get my loan on November 30th, but of course I am still waiting for the car (I still have the loan check).
Couple of days ago I get a letter from the CU saying I need to provide the insurance info, return the money, or be forced placed into an insurance solution that costs thousands. And the insurance had to coincide with the date that the check was issued to me.
So I started calling my insurance rep to see if I can get the insurance backdated to November 30th and at the same time calling the CU to see what they can do, because if I return the money I lose my 2.64% rate and have to reapply when the car is delivered and get 4.25% most likely. Essentially 3000 down the drain. I almost said screw it and would not be getting the car.
Then 3 hours after talking to my loan officer at the CU I get a call from the CU that I am good for 100 days since the check was issued since the check is good for 90 days and I have 10 days after that or when the check is cashed to provide the insurance.
Anyway, it pays of to be nice and also know people.
I told them I would be happy to return the money but if there is anything they could fo I would appreciate it. And the loan officer knows my mom who was also in banking until recently and is very involved within the community.
So a bit of politeness and bit of having connections saved me some serious money and potentially backing out.

Nothing major. First world problems. The most important thing no one is sick and everyone is healthy. It was just silly money stuff. There will always be cars.
The following 3 users liked this post by Cvija:
DLPTony (12-29-22), macmaster (12-29-22), wthrman2 (12-30-22)
Old 12-29-22, 03:18 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Thx Tony, and Mac is good. I like the family feel here.

So my MP, funny story. I get a call from my dealership in November that they are getting one and that it was built on October 31st (how cool that it is MP and build on Halloween &#127875.
​​​​​They wanted to know if I wanted it.
I immediately jump on it. Gave them my deposit and got started on my loan process.
So this is where it gets interesting. I check out my CU website and the rates have not changed even though I knew they were going up. I call them up and ask them to honor it. I get a 2.64% for 60 months and all I needed to do is give them the VIN and Buyers Order. I told them to get started on it and I would get the BO from the dealership. The dealership got me one as soon as they heard the rate I was getting.
I get my loan on November 30th, but of course I am still waiting for the car (I still have the loan check).
Couple of days ago I get a letter from the CU saying I need to provide the insurance info, return the money, or be forced placed into an insurance solution that costs thousands. And the insurance had to coincide with the date that the check was issued to me.
So I started calling my insurance rep to see if I can get the insurance backdated to November 30th and at the same time calling the CU to see what they can do, because if I return the money I lose my 2.64% rate and have to reapply when the car is delivered and get 4.25% most likely. Essentially 3000 down the drain. I almost said screw it and would not be getting the car.
Then 3 hours after talking to my loan officer at the CU I get a call from the CU that I am good for 100 days since the check was issued since the check is good for 90 days and I have 10 days after that or when the check is cashed to provide the insurance.
Anyway, it pays of to be nice and also know people.
I told them I would be happy to return the money but if there is anything they could fo I would appreciate it. And the loan officer knows my mom who was also in banking until recently and is very involved within the community.
So a bit of politeness and bit of having connections saved me some serious money and potentially backing out.

Nothing major. First world problems. The most important thing no one is sick and everyone is healthy. It was just silly money stuff. There will always be cars.
Was $3000 the difference between the 2.64% and 4.25% rate over 5 years or the penalty for backing out? Sounds like a nightmare but I'm glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the car and the rate. If you happen to have cash, you can sock it away in a high yield savings account right now (I think theyre currently around 3.3% APY) and beat your car loan.
Old 12-29-22, 03:34 PM
Cvija
Driver

Was $3000 the difference between the 2.64% and 4.25% rate over 5 years or the penalty for backing out? Sounds like a nightmare but I'm glad it worked out for you. Enjoy the car and the rate. If you happen to have cash, you can sock it away in a high yield savings account right now (I think theyre currently around 3.3% APY) and beat your car loan.
So the actual difference is 2860.60 and it is the difference I would pay in interest over 5 years. I know it is not much over 5 years, but it is the principal of the thing 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Especially since I keep asking myself if I should have just skipped the car overall and invest the money.
And funny you should bring up the high yield savings idea as that is exactly what I did haha. Additional, I also took out HELOC and put that money in there as well because I was able to get a one year promotional rate of 2% and my APY is 3.3 😁.
And thank you for your kind words Mac. I cannot wait to get the car and enjoy it with my wife and my kiddos.
Old 12-29-22, 04:00 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

So the actual difference is 2860.60 and it is the difference I would pay in interest over 5 years. I know it is not much over 5 years, but it is the principal of the thing 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Especially since I keep asking myself if I should have just skipped the car overall and invest the money.
And funny you should bring up the high yield savings idea as that is exactly what I did haha. Additional, I also took out HELOC and put that money in there as well because I was able to get a one year promotional rate of 2% and my APY is 3.3 😁.
And thank you for your kind words Mac. I cannot wait to get the car and enjoy it with my wife and my kiddos.
$2860 is a lot of money for someone's administrative mistake/oversight. I would've had the same headache.
Cvija (12-29-22)
Old 01-02-23, 07:14 AM
SonicRob99
Pit Crew

Received 428 Likes on 126 Posts

Wow so much pain. First time I’ve felt discouraged in my quest for a USB. Drove my wife over to the local dealer because she wanted to see the one I saw on Christmas Eve— and now they have 2.

Neither available for sale, reserved by Toyota Member Services (assuming these are employee orders). Reached out to dealer, neither is available, still can’t take my money, will let me know if one is allocated to them. Have had other opportunities to purchase at other dealers but not in USB (Molten Pearl, red, silver, and white)

First USB appears base on red. Second one appears premium on black interior. Triple beam, BBS, etc.

The following 2 users liked this post by SonicRob99:
Carolina50 (01-02-23), DLPTony (01-02-23)
Old 01-02-23, 08:10 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SonicRob99
Wow so much pain. First time I’ve felt discouraged in my quest for a USB. Drove my wife over to the local dealer because she wanted to see the one I saw on Christmas Eve— and now they have 2.

Neither available for sale, reserved by Toyota Member Services (assuming these are employee orders). Reached out to dealer, neither is available, still can’t take my money, will let me know if one is allocated to them. Have had other opportunities to purchase at other dealers but not in USB (Molten Pearl, red, silver, and white)

First USB appears base on red. Second one appears premium on black interior. Triple beam, BBS, etc.
Man that SUCKS!! If these are already sold, they should be sequestered in a special garage around back, not out there torturing folks. Unless it’s done to bring people in to sell them something else, which is equally as sinister in my opinion. ::shakes indignant fist::
Old 01-02-23, 09:55 PM
lojackfty
Intermediate

Received 221 Likes on 104 Posts

Not driving your car and keeping your milage down is like not banging your girlfriend, and a hot one in this case, just so you can keep it fresh for the next guy.
🤣
This my friend is funny!!
DLPTony (01-03-23)
Old 01-02-23, 11:03 PM
MoltenDebt
Driver

Received 179 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicRob99
Wow so much pain. First time I’ve felt discouraged in my quest for a USB [...]
Hey dude I just wanted to say that stinks! Have you considered spreading the net further? Lubbock just had a USB on red Premium for a minute at MSRP (allegedly) on Autotrader, for example.
DLPTony (01-09-23)
Old 01-09-23, 11:57 AM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

Lexus of Monterey has a Molten Pearl that is unsold.
The following 2 users liked this post by tapjoy:
Cvija (01-09-23), DLPTony (01-09-23)
Old 01-09-23, 01:07 PM
kcarr91
Driver School Candidate

Received 33 Likes on 12 Posts

Pohanka Lexus (Chantilly, VA) also has a Molten Pearl also for sale. My salesman just texted me today (as I'm on the list waiting for a Caviar on Black with standard rims) asking if i wanted it. Should be for sale for MSRP with no dealer ad ons. Happy to connect you to my salesperson if desired.

https://www.pohankalexuschantilly.co...y-va/72950585/
DLPTony (01-09-23)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales