IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 IS 500 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-23, 10:30 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by FastCT
The dealer I work for here in NE Florida has a white on red IS 500 that hits the ground today that is available at the moment. MSRP, no adds, but the catch is we are only selling within our local market. If you know anyone looking in NE Florida/SE Georgia please PM. Thank you!
I suppose this is Lexus of Jacksonville?
The following users liked this post:
FastCT (01-19-23)
Old 01-19-23, 10:32 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,049 Posts

So I was browsing the Lexus website and noticed that all vehicles now have a new tab that says "SHOP"
When you click it, you can go as far as 500 mile radius and see all of the cars allocated to dealers, the packages that are on the car, the MSRP, and in some cases you can even see ETAs for delivery. You can also tell which cars are at dealers already because they don't say "This vehicle may be in transit." If you don't find a car that meets your criteria in the 500 mile radius, just find the zip code of a city 400-500 miles in any other direction. I will say this, there are A LOT of white cars out there. Followed by Iridium, and then Infrared, at least in the Southern region.
The following 6 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (01-21-23), Carolina50 (01-19-23), DLPTony (01-19-23), jjk26 (01-20-23), Kanpai (01-19-23), MYIS500 (01-19-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-19-23, 10:44 AM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 367 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
So I was browsing the Lexus website and noticed that all vehicles now have a new tab that says "SHOP"
When you click it, you can go as far as 500 mile radius and see all of the cars allocated to dealers, the packages that are on the car, the MSRP, and in some cases you can even see ETAs for delivery. You can also tell which cars are at dealers already because they don't say "This vehicle may be in transit." If you don't find a car that meets your criteria in the 500 mile radius, just find the zip code of a city 400-500 miles in any other direction. I will say this, there are A LOT of white cars out there. Followed by Iridium, and then Infrared, at least in the Southern region.
This is real sweet option. I wished that was available a couple of months ago. Thanks for posting it!
The following 2 users liked this post by MYIS500:
DLPTony (01-19-23), FastCT (01-19-23)
Old 01-19-23, 12:51 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 988 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Nice of Lexus to catch up to what most other brands already had, but that's par for the course with them lol
Old 01-19-23, 08:36 PM
sunamer
Advanced

Received 183 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Wealth befalls many that are mentally challenged with no actual skill or contribution to society, like influencers, celebrities, and I might add some politicians. So yes, someone can make poor life decisions while having a lot of money, and that would still make you an idiot.
They are not idiots. They are often immoral and use ways specifically designed to take advantage of high trust societies via immoral means. One such example is how good behavior of prudent savers is punished via inflation and lack of leverage, while people borrowing for the stuff they cant afford, are incentivized to borrow more. Calling them idiots is misunderstanding the problem.

Society in which bad and toxic (for the majority) behavior is incentivized, while a good and moral guy is punished tells you who controls such a society. It also tells you, what for.
The following 2 users liked this post by sunamer:
MYIS500 (01-21-23), SpudsMcD (02-26-23)
Old 01-21-23, 06:28 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 367 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by sunamer
They are not idiots. They are often immoral and use ways specifically designed to take advantage of high trust societies via immoral means. One such example is how good behavior of prudent savers is punished via inflation and lack of leverage, while people borrowing for the stuff they cant afford, are incentivized to borrow more. Calling them idiots is misunderstanding the problem.

Society in which bad and toxic (for the majority) behavior is incentivized, while a good and moral guy is punished tells you who controls such a society. It also tells you, what for.
Giddy Up!!
Old 01-23-23, 01:11 AM
Nonfat
10th Gear

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

I just got by USB one. But while I was on the waiting list (since last October), I've gotten many offers for the Molten Pearl, which I almost got, but turned down.
With it being a new exclusive color this year, I expect it to be very limited and hard to come by...but I guess not.
Or it just not selling as fast as the other colors choices?
arentz07 (01-23-23)
Old 01-23-23, 09:04 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,079 Likes on 1,892 Posts

Originally Posted by Nonfat
I just got by USB one. But while I was on the waiting list (since last October), I've gotten many offers for the Molten Pearl, which I almost got, but turned down.
With it being a new exclusive color this year, I expect it to be very limited and hard to come by...but I guess not.
From the activity here and on FB (some of which are cross postings), I think the MPs are getting snatched up left and right. There are 150 units of the MP, which is way more than the known USB units.

Congrats! Welcome to the #BlueCrew family!
Old 01-23-23, 03:01 PM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 775 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Nonfat
Back in my big law firm days buying a color like Molten Pearl would’ve merited an instant come to Jesus meeting with the managing partner. Guessing many still face similar constraints on going wild with exterior color, be it from work, spouse, in-laws, neighborhood vibe, etc.

Over the years we’ve had much flashier cars than this and honestly the extra attention got old real fast. This is what makes the IS500 so great - Lexus offers it in five sleeper colors while also offering it in four very alive & special colors.

When I get a thumbs up driving Caviar Black you know it’s from a true enthusiast, which is nice, versus getting attention just for being in a bright colored car. That being said my two favorite IS500 colors are still Infrared and USB.
Old 01-23-23, 03:36 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 922 Likes on 425 Posts

I can't see any big firms or companies telling employees they can't have an orange car given it's 2023.
TipsyTonio (01-24-23)
Old 01-23-23, 03:50 PM
GoHorns
Pit Crew

Received 199 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
I can't see any big firms or companies telling employees they can't have an orange car given it's 2023.
It factored into my color decision. If you are a trial lawyer, you generally don't want a perspective juror noticing your car. I know of lawyers that have a beater (old SUVs and old trucks because Texas) just for driving to Court.
Old 01-23-23, 03:56 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 922 Likes on 425 Posts

Which is a personal choice, not one mandated by an employer. I'm a lawyer and I have an IS500, granted Canadians are less litigious than Americans and jury trials are less common here.
Old 01-23-23, 04:05 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,079 Likes on 1,892 Posts

Originally Posted by jororo
Over the years we’ve had much flashier cars than this and honestly the extra attention got old real fast. This is what makes the IS500 so great - Lexus offers it in five sleeper colors while also offering it in four very alive & special colors.

When I get a thumbs up driving Caviar Black you know it’s from a true enthusiast, which is nice, versus getting attention just for being in a bright colored car. That being said my two favorite IS500 colors are still Infrared and USB.
Trust me, I completely understand. When I picked up my 2016 in the same spec, I was super concerned it would be too flashy. I wear collared polo shirts more often than not, so I’m a bit conservative. The amount of attention was insane initially, but I love it. People don’t expect a Lexus to be quick and flashy, that’s the addictive part of my IS 500.
Old 01-23-23, 04:24 PM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 775 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
Which is a personal choice, not one mandated by an employer. I'm a lawyer and I have an IS500, granted Canadians are less litigious than Americans and jury trials are less common here.
That’s what great about the IS500. Not flashy at all in many colors, but if you want flashy they’ll sell you that too.

But ya, fair or not, a lot of bigger US corporate firms still try to project a conservative image. Many clients just don’t enjoy seeing that $500/hr rate they’re paying go towards a 5th year associate driving a bright yellow Porsche.
Old 01-23-23, 07:17 PM
TGPCanada
Advanced

Received 833 Likes on 346 Posts

Whilst I am awaiting my Cloudburst grey IS500 to arrive in a couple of weeks, I still do peak around the myriad of dealerships around the GTA to see if an Infrared pops up , and then if one does,
I'll have to make a judgement call at that point. The infrared suits the IS very well, and whilst it is a bold colour, it still gives the car a good elegant look.
The following 3 users liked this post by TGPCanada:
DLPTony (01-24-23), MYIS500 (01-24-23), wthrman2 (01-24-23)

Quick Reply: 2023 IS 500 Sales