IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 bamboo interior trim?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-22, 01:47 PM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 284 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I got used to it, so either it got smoother or I am just so used to it now that it doesn't bother me at all, and this, from a guy who is super OCD so give it a bit of time and enjoy your new car
That's what I was saying in another thread. Today taking it to get lunch I even tried to reproduce it and couldn't. So either it's now fully broken in, or subconsciously I just drive it in a way that it doesn't occur now.
Old 10-28-22, 02:34 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,031 Likes on 1,867 Posts

For what it's worth, I had a few Lexus IS and RC (2015-2021) all with the 6 speed transmission and I recall when I got my IS 500, I was like OMG, this transmission feels very clunky and so out of place but in no time, I got used to it, so either it got smoother or I am just so used to it now that it doesn't bother me at all, and this, from a guy who is super OCD so give it a bit of time and enjoy your new car
Agreed…enjoy this car!

I’m at 8700 miles and I see it as just the nature of the car, an analog-ish wanna be manual. It disturbed me in the beginning, now it’s the character along with the amount heat he generates from all that low end rumbling. 😎
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-28-22)
Old 10-28-22, 06:56 PM
felixcat
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

For what it's worth, I had a few Lexus IS and RC (2015-2021) all with the 6 speed transmission and I recall when I got my IS 500, I was like OMG, this transmission feels very clunky and so out of place but in no time, I got used to it, so either it got smoother or I am just so used to it now that it doesn't bother me at all, and this, from a guy who is super OCD so give it a bit of time and enjoy your new car
This is the technical analysis showing why the 8AT behaves like that:

https://motorfrontier.com/aisin-long...sion-analysis/

​​​​​​​Downshifting from 8th, 7th, 6th gear to 4th, 3th, 2nd has to be implemented as 2 separate shifts behind the scene but in disguise as one shift.
Old 10-29-22, 05:38 AM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 757 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Renault
That's what I was saying in another thread. Today taking it to get lunch I even tried to reproduce it and couldn't. So either it's now fully broken in, or subconsciously I just drive it in a way that it doesn't occur now.
Same experience here. Also noticed the transmission smoothness changes big time between the different drive modes, especially after warmed up. ‘Eco’ mode, albeit bordering on criminal to use, is butter smooth even compared to normal, much less Sport / Sport+.

@rdsterdave Let’s see some more photos of your ‘23 !!! Congrats !!!!
wthrman2 (10-29-22)
Old 10-29-22, 04:04 PM
rdsterdave
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

I haven't really taken any pictures of it yet for some reason. Even the one I posted was actually taken by my ride to the dealership. But I'll try to snap some worthwhile ones over the next week. I wasn't able to find too many atomic silver pics when I was trying to decide on a color so hopefully I can help others get a feel for the color on the 500.
The following 3 users liked this post by rdsterdave:
DLPTony (10-30-22), jororo (10-29-22), wthrman2 (10-31-22)
Old 12-13-22, 07:15 PM
RubyV8
Driver

Received 51 Likes on 20 Posts
Default I got this same option listed on my print out. White due in port in 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by rdsterdave
Hi everyone, first post here. I have a incoming allocation with one of the dealers I have a deposit with and they sent me the spec sheet. Not thrilled about paying for the BBS wheels but otherwise the build is pretty much exactly what I wanted. However, I just noticed that it lists a bamboo wood interior trim as a no cost option. First time hearing anything about this with all the recent 2023 news and Japan model info. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

i got this same bamboo option listed on my printout. White due in port of New York in 2 weeks!
Old 03-16-23, 05:53 PM
TheWizard
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got word from my Dealer that my IS500 Premium is coming in next month. Cloud Burst Grey with black interior plus a ton of extras. 3 month wait, not too shabby. I too, got the mysterious "Premium Package with Bamboo wood interior trim" on my build sheet and inquired with my sales guy just now.

After I emailed him, I did a Google search, and sure enough, this thread popped up. Glad I'm not the only one scratching his ***** wondering what the hell that meant.

Originally Posted by rdsterdave
Well, mystery solved. I picked up the car today and it did not have bamboo trim, so it was indeed a mistake. Still pretty happy with it though.
Thanks for letting us know. I despise wood interior trim. It belongs on something super luxurious like the LS500, not something as sporty as this beast.
Congrats on your beauty! Enjoy in good health.
DLPTony (03-17-23)