IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

2023 bamboo interior trim?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-22, 05:10 PM
rdsterdave
Rookie

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 2023 bamboo interior trim?

Hi everyone, first post here. I have a incoming allocation with one of the dealers I have a deposit with and they sent me the spec sheet. Not thrilled about paying for the BBS wheels but otherwise the build is pretty much exactly what I wanted. However, I just noticed that it lists a bamboo wood interior trim as a no cost option. First time hearing anything about this with all the recent 2023 news and Japan model info. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

Old 10-08-22, 07:51 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,955 Likes on 1,047 Posts

That’s most likely a mistake.
Old 10-09-22, 05:40 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,328 Likes on 680 Posts

Agreed, most likely a mistake. If it's not you could end up with something even more rare since I don't think that's an option!

We have bamboo trim in the RX, its really pretty.
Old 10-09-22, 09:43 AM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Tell them you don’t want the wheels. My dealer tried to pull this “most will come with the BBS” but then when I was like “I really prefer not to have them” they basically said they should be able to do it without them.

so we’ll see how that goes!
Old 10-09-22, 09:49 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pandahatch
Tell them you don’t want the wheels. My dealer tried to pull this “most will come with the BBS” but then when I was like “I really prefer not to have them” they basically said they should be able to do it without them.

so we’ll see how that goes!
It’s not up to the dealer, especially when the vehicle is already VIN’d.
Old 10-09-22, 09:56 AM
pandahatch
Rookie

Originally Posted by macmaster
It’s not up to the dealer, especially when the vehicle is already VIN’d.
OP should clear up whether this is the actual spec sheet or just one they are using to show the options.

for instance, my dealer showed me a “fake” spec sheet to show me the total cost of options and OTD price - but it wasn’t actually MY build. Super weird. They may be doing it completely different so apologies if I’m being dumb lmao
Old 10-09-22, 10:03 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pandahatch
OP should clear up whether this is the actual spec sheet or just one they are using to show the options.

for instance, my dealer showed me a “fake” spec sheet to show me the total cost of options and OTD price - but it wasn’t actually MY build. Super weird. They may be doing it completely different so apologies if I’m being dumb lmao
Did the sheet your dealer showed you have an identical format to the OPs? The sheet he showed is used for actual builds and he said he had an allocation incoming.

Old 10-09-22, 07:02 PM
rdsterdave
Rookie

Yes, this should the official spec sheet. This is a car inbound to the dealer, hopefully in the next few weeks. It did have a vin listed as well as the dealer info that I blanked out because I don't want anyone to try and snipe the car from me before it's a done deal lol.

I would be thrilled to have bamboo trim on this car, I'm a sucker for wood trim. My first thought as well was that it was a mistake, but figured there might be a chance based on how lousy the communication from Lexus has been so far with the IS500. My googling only returned the bamboo in the RX which does look very nice.
Old 10-09-22, 07:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rdsterdave
Yes, this should the official spec sheet. This is a car inbound to the dealer, hopefully in the next few weeks. It did have a vin listed as well as the dealer info that I blanked out because I don't want anyone to try and snipe the car from me before it's a done deal lol.

I would be thrilled to have bamboo trim on this car, I'm a sucker for wood trim. My first thought as well was that it was a mistake, but figured there might be a chance based on how lousy the communication from Lexus has been so far with the IS500. My googling only returned the bamboo in the RX which does look very nice.
My google search on the subject returned this thread lol.

You were smart to block out the VIN. Lot of sneaky ppl here.
Old 10-09-22, 07:35 PM
pandahatch
Rookie

Originally Posted by macmaster
Did the sheet your dealer showed you have an identical format to the OPs? The sheet he showed is used for actual builds and he said he had an allocation incoming.
yes! Let me actually take a picture of it and post it later or tomorrow. It is a legit spec sheet lmao.
Old 10-10-22, 12:54 AM
CyberNinja
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 22 Posts

I think they probably copied and pasted a IS300/350 build by mistake only because the 300/350 are the only ones in the IS lineup w/ bamboo trim for the N.A. market from what I understand.
Old 10-11-22, 03:41 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Agreed, most likely a mistake. If it's not you could end up with something even more rare since I don't think that's an option!

We have bamboo trim in the RX, it’s really pretty.
I’ve never seen it, but it sounds awesome. You should post up a pic!
Old 10-11-22, 01:13 PM
Lexusadict
10th Gear

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a copy of the build sheet for a 2023 IS500 Special Appearance Package with a VIN and it states a "Premium Package with Bamboo wood interior trim". The special appearance comes with satin chrome so I assume this would override the bamboo.
Old 10-11-22, 08:25 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

maybe bamboozled trim...haha. I concur w/ the copied homework theory
The following users liked this post:
tapjoy (10-12-22)
Old 10-12-22, 07:35 AM
rdsterdave
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexusadict
I have a copy of the build sheet for a 2023 IS500 Special Appearance Package with a VIN and it states a "Premium Package with Bamboo wood interior trim". The special appearance comes with satin chrome so I assume this would override the bamboo.
Interesting, I guess we will see when they show up. I believe all 2023 IS500s have the satin chrome interior trim now, not just the appearance package cars. At least the premiums appear to. So if there actually is a bamboo trim package and it's not a mistake, I would think that would overide the satin.

Quick Reply: 2023 bamboo interior trim?