IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Incoming December to Remember for me

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-22, 03:43 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Received 355 Likes on 162 Posts

Question for you guys? My dealer says my car is at "f" status, which he says is in transit. Does anyone know a more specific answer on that? Clearly, it is in some type of transit. Just curious, no worries if not. He is telling me my car may be here by the end of the month!
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 07:39 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by MYIS500
Question for you guys? My dealer says my car is at "f" status, which he says is in transit. Does anyone know a more specific answer on that? Clearly, it is in some type of transit. Just curious, no worries if not. He is telling me my car may be here by the end of the month!
F stands for Freight Status. It means it is either about to land at port, or it has arrived and is being processed. The next update in terms of a status code is GT which is Ground Transport which means that within the next 24-48 hours your car will arrive at the dealer. Then the best status is G status which stands for ground and means you better haul to the dealer to check the beauty out in person. Status codes aside, your sales rep can see a Port Processing date, vessel arrival date, and an ETA for dealer arrival as they all become available. If you want to get fancy, if he gives you the vessel departure date and vessel arrival date, as well as the port that it is headed to, we can actually track your ship. It's been almost a year since I've done that and I miss doing it for people
Once we know it has landed at a US port, you can actually add it to the Lexus app, and while you can't remotely turn it on or off or unlock without the car being in your physical possession, you can still see things like the gas level, tire pressure, mileage, and when the car was last moved. It is a good indication of when you can expect the car to be loaded on a truck.
The following 4 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (11-15-22), Cvija (11-15-22), Kanpai (11-16-22), MYIS500 (11-19-22)
Old 11-15-22, 08:07 PM
Cvija
Driver

Received 100 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
you can actually add it to the Lexus app
How do you do that? I am guessing install the app and add the VIN.
Old 11-15-22, 08:08 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

F stands for Freight Status. It means it is either about to land at port, or it has arrived and is being processed. The next update in terms of a status code is GT which is Ground Transport which means that within the next 24-48 hours your car will arrive at the dealer. Then the best status is G status which stands for ground and means you better haul to the dealer to check the beauty out in person. Status codes aside, your sales rep can see a Port Processing date, vessel arrival date, and an ETA for dealer arrival as they all become available. If you want to get fancy, if he gives you the vessel departure date and vessel arrival date, as well as the port that it is headed to, we can actually track your ship. It's been almost a year since I've done that and I miss doing it for people
Once we know it has landed at a US port, you can actually add it to the Lexus app, and while you can't remotely turn it on or off or unlock without the car being in your physical possession, you can still see things like the gas level, tire pressure, mileage, and when the car was last moved. It is a good indication of when you can expect the car to be loaded on a truck.
Yes we are going to have to get you some new awaiting IS 500 customers.
Recommend Young-un Enterprises servicing! I may be able to get a referral bonus.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
DLPTony (12-11-22), TipsyTonio (11-15-22)
Old 11-15-22, 08:10 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Cvija
How do you do that? I am guessing install the app and add the VIN.
Yup! As simple as it sounds. You’ll with 100% certainty that it has landed on the app if when adding the car, under the vehicle capabilities tab, you see all of the Lexus Enform services listed there. If the car is still on the ship you won’t see those things as they only become active when the car connects to US cell towers. Even if they aren’t listed, the app lets you add the cad but I don’t recommend it as it won’t add the Enform capabilities on the app when the car lands. You’d have to delete the car and re-add it. You’re better off just checking every so often is the capabilities show up and then adding it when they do. Initially you may not see mileage for the car but if you do on the Vehicle Health Report and scroll all the way to the bottom you’ll see the last recorded mileage for the car when it was last turned off.
Old 11-16-22, 01:39 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Yup! As simple as it sounds. You’ll with 100% certainty that it has landed on the app if when adding the car, under the vehicle capabilities tab, you see all of the Lexus Enform services listed there. If the car is still on the ship you won’t see those things as they only become active when the car connects to US cell towers. Even if they aren’t listed, the app lets you add the cad but I don’t recommend it as it won’t add the Enform capabilities on the app when the car lands. You’d have to delete the car and re-add it. You’re better off just checking every so often is the capabilities show up and then adding it when they do. Initially you may not see mileage for the car but if you do on the Vehicle Health Report and scroll all the way to the bottom you’ll see the last recorded mileage for the car when it was last turned off.
I can't remember from the last batch of deliveries, but does adding the car start the timer on some of the subscription services associated with the car?
Old 11-16-22, 01:42 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Kanpai
I can't remember from the last batch of deliveries, but does adding the car start the timer on some of the subscription services associated with the car?
Unfortunately it does. But if the Enform services aren't active on the car yet and you still add the car, it doesn't start the trial as it doesn't give you the option to start the trial. I'd say most cars move through the port in about 2 weeks tops, so considering its a 3 year trial, 14 days doesn't equate to much.
Kanpai (11-16-22)
Old 11-16-22, 01:53 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Unfortunately it does. But if the Enform services aren't active on the car yet and you still add the car, it doesn't start the trial as it doesn't give you the option to start the trial. I'd say most cars move through the port in about 2 weeks tops, so considering its a 3 year trial, 14 days doesn't equate to much.
Gotcha. My dealer said my car was in F status a couple weeks ago, but the arrival of the car in Virginia and no update on mine has me perplexed. I would expect them at the same port and found out around the same time of my car's status. I have a VIN, but no idea on status
Old 11-16-22, 01:56 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Gotcha. My dealer said my car was in F status a couple weeks ago, but the arrival of the car in Virginia and no update on mine has me perplexed. I would expect them at the same port and found out around the same time of my car's status. I have a VIN, but no idea on status
Many months ago we used to be able to see the real time status of the cars, but they closed that backdoor

Ask your sales man to check the processing date on Dealer Daily. Your car should be coming in through the port in Newark. If he snags the vessel departure and arrival dates we can track the ship. That's also on Dealer Daily
Kanpai (11-16-22)
Old 11-26-22, 03:46 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Thank you Tipsi Tonio. Dealer told me today it is now in Texas railyard. Should be on a truck soon, they are showing delivery for the 27th. He thinks it may be more like Tuesday though. Either way, if it comes in this week I will pick it up probably Friday. If so, does anyone suggest having a cant live without it option installed/added while I wait. Giddy Up!
Old 11-26-22, 05:03 PM
Cvija
Driver

Thank you Tipsi Tonio. Dealer told me today it is now in Texas railyard. Should be on a truck soon, they are showing delivery for the 27th. He thinks it may be more like Tuesday though. Either way, if it comes in this week I will pick it up probably Friday. If so, does anyone suggest having a cant live without it option installed/added while I wait. Giddy Up!
93 or better octane gasoline 😉
MYIS500 (11-27-22)
Old 11-26-22, 07:31 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

You should look into getting PPF and tint.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
Cvija (11-26-22), MYIS500 (11-27-22)
Old 11-27-22, 07:05 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Cvija
93 or better octane gasoline 😉
Low blow for us CA folks lol pay the highest prices in the nation for 91
MYIS500 (11-27-22)
Old 11-27-22, 07:08 AM
Cvija
Driver

Originally Posted by 95bat
OOPS, I totally forgot about that 🤦‍♂️.
That sucks 😞
Old 11-27-22, 01:04 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 95bat
87 is 3.00 to 3.10, 91 octane is 3.70 and 93 octane is 3.90 here in southern La.

Quick Reply: Incoming December to Remember for me