IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Purchasing IS500 for 2023

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-23, 05:59 AM
eMAyRCee
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
  1. What trim is your IS500? Base or Premium? Color? Limited Edition/Special Appearance?
    • Premium, Ultrasonic Blue 2.0, with black Enkei wheels
  2. How did you get your IS500? Did you go through the dealership and placed a factory order or were you lucky enough to get one on the lot?
    • I put a $2000 deposit to place a custom order in Feb, 2022, and got the car this past Friday (1/13/2023)
  3. What are some of the options equipped? BBS wheels or Enkei? Navigation with ML?
    • I have the black Enkei wheels, Nav w/ ML, door edge guards, trunk mats
  4. What is the MSRP and what was the Out the door price?
    • MSRP is around $64k, but the dealership pushed for their windshield, exterior, and interior treatments that costed another $3k. i also got extended warranty. OTD is $78k
  5. Which dealership did you go to and would you recommend them with your experience?
    • I went to Lexus Escondido (SoCal) because I purchased my first Lexus with them. Too bad that sales person is not selling cars anymore. The dude who worked with me was passive and a pain to work with - your typical dealership sales person. If you want to get a car without markups, but don't mind them adding their "added service", I would recommend checking it out lol
Thank you for this info. Wow! It almost took a year! Would you suggest to start placing my order now? I really don't mind driving 5-6 hours away if I could get a better deal or no ADM on these cars. I'll definitely take a look at this dealership.
Old 01-17-23, 07:07 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ I haven't chimed in until now but suffice to say, if you want one, place your name on a few lists at various dealers that will sell it at MSRP. Keep in mind that people can't order this car...the dealers will get an allocation (of a color combo they may not control) so if your name is on the list and they get what you want or like, you get it but don't expect to walk into a dealer and say, "can you order me this trim in this color combo" and expect the dealer to deliver - If they say they can, they are lying and you should walk away. Now they may say they have an allocation in that color combo/trim already assigned to the dealer and is en route and not sold, so that could be possible....
The following 5 users liked this post by wthrman2:
arentz07 (01-17-23), DLPTony (01-17-23), Fleuger99 (07-10-23), macmaster (01-17-23), SonicRob99 (01-17-23)
Old 01-25-23, 09:52 AM
albertcado
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm on a waitlist for one and have requested they try to find one allocated with the base Enkei dark metallic wheels instead of the upgraded BBS ones. Has anyone had success in getting one with the base wheels? All the ones coming in to SoCal seem to only come with the BBS wheels which I don't like.
Old 01-25-23, 11:41 AM
MoltenDebt
Driver

Received 178 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by albertcado
I'm on a waitlist for one and have requested they try to find one allocated with the base Enkei dark metallic wheels instead of the upgraded BBS ones. Has anyone had success in getting one with the base wheels? All the ones coming in to SoCal seem to only come with the BBS wheels which I don't like.
Lexus of Monterey Peninsula shows two incoming IS500s without the BBS wheels. Infrared on black and Atomic Silver on red.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (01-25-23)
Old 01-26-23, 12:48 PM
eMAyRCee
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoltenDebt
Lexus of Monterey Peninsula shows two incoming IS500s without the BBS wheels. Infrared on black and Atomic Silver on red.
just wondering.. how'd you find out what kind the dealerships are getting? My first choice was getting the infrared with black interior.. and I live close to the Monterey dealership. Just not ready to pull the trigger.. 😞
Old 01-26-23, 12:54 PM
MoltenDebt
Driver

Originally Posted by eMAyRCee
just wondering.. how'd you find out what kind the dealerships are getting? My first choice was getting the infrared with black interior.. and I live close to the Monterey dealership. Just not ready to pull the trigger.. 😞
I'm at the mercy of dealers posting their allocations.

I don't have inside info like some people here, so what I do I use Autotrader->New->2023 IS500->distance: any.

From there you click you can click the link to the dealer website. At all Lexus listings, you should be able to scroll down beneath the stock photos for a button that says WINDOW STICKER. Clicking it will download the PDF. In the right column, it will list what manufacturer or port options were selected. It will explicitly call out the BBS wheels, I believe it's a $2,250 option or something. IF the IS500 is NOT Molten Pearl and does NOT call out BBS wheel option on the sticker, it will have the base Enkeis.

I have pretty much been checking national listings daily more months, otherwise you have to hope a dealer actually puts your on your list and contacts you when they've notified of an allocation.
eMAyRCee (01-26-23)
Old 01-26-23, 01:03 PM
eMAyRCee
Rookie

Originally Posted by MoltenDebt
I'm at the mercy of dealers posting their allocations.

I don't have inside info like some people here, so what I do I use Autotrader->New->2023 IS500->distance: any.

From there you click you can click the link to the dealer website. At all Lexus listings, you should be able to scroll down beneath the stock photos for a button that says WINDOW STICKER. Clicking it will download the PDF. In the right column, it will list what manufacturer or port options were selected. It will explicitly call out the BBS wheels, I believe it's a $2,250 option or something. IF the IS500 is NOT Molten Pearl and does NOT call out BBS wheel option on the sticker, it will have the base Enkeis.

I have pretty much been checking national listings daily more months, otherwise you have to hope a dealer actually puts your on your list and contacts you when they've notified of an allocation.
Thank you for this info. I've been using cargurus and I only see some that are in transit. Im hoping i can get my hands on an infrared this year. I still need to talk to my local dealerships here. Got any advice on what to ask and how to get on the list? I never ordered a car or let alone be on a waiting list so I'm new to the whole process.
Old 01-26-23, 02:04 PM
MoltenDebt
Driver

Originally Posted by eMAyRCee
Thank you for this info. I've been using cargurus and I only see some that are in transit. Im hoping i can get my hands on an infrared this year. I still need to talk to my local dealerships here. Got any advice on what to ask and how to get on the list? I never ordered a car or let alone be on a waiting list so I'm new to the whole process.
I might suggest you jump and read through the IS500 sales thread. Many people had no problems snagging one, I am not one of those people. Long story short, call the sales department and ask to be put on their call/wait-list for the upcoming IS500 allocations. What happens after that is at the whim of the quality of that sales department.
BrianDCIS (02-09-23)
Old 02-06-23, 11:56 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,956 Likes on 1,824 Posts

I was contacted by a Georgia sales rep today to see if I was still in the market for a IS 500. He has an Infrared w/Black in his show room for MSRP. Promised there was nothing more… The dude who ordered it backed out because he couldn’t get what he wanted for the trade-in. Message me for contact info!
Old 02-07-23, 10:58 AM
Bechtold
Advanced

Received 884 Likes on 411 Posts

My car has arrived at the dealer. Going to go pick it up on Saturday. I put a deposit check on this in July 2021! We were at the time expecting a car January - March 2022! A long time coming. This got delayed by the ice storm we had last week. I'll have pictures after I get it.
The following 5 users liked this post by Bechtold:
DLPTony (02-07-23), eMAyRCee (02-11-23), GoHorns (02-07-23), spotxc (02-07-23), wthrman2 (02-08-23)
Old 02-07-23, 11:01 AM
LA20671
Pit Crew

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Congrats on the new new!
Old 02-07-23, 12:26 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by Bechtold
My car has arrived at the dealer. Going to go pick it up on Saturday. I put a deposit check on this in July 2021! We were at the time expecting a car January - March 2022! A long time coming. This got delayed by the ice storm we had last week. I'll have pictures after I get it.
Holy crap! And I thought 8 months was a long wait!

Big congrats!
Old 02-07-23, 12:59 PM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,162 Likes on 343 Posts

Congrats on the car!
Old 02-07-23, 03:17 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,956 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by Bechtold
YAY!!!! Congrats! The long wait sucks ***, but the car is worth it.
Old 02-07-23, 06:49 PM
Vinnigan
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Just out of curiosity, when did the first 2023 cars arrive to the States?

Quick Reply: Purchasing IS500 for 2023