IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-23, 10:45 AM
PrimeDave
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

^^ That is Atomic Silver not iridium
The following users liked this post:
MYIS500 (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23, 10:54 AM
albertcado
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PrimeDave
^^ That is Atomic Silver not iridium
Ah thanks for clarifying, I'm having a hard time deciding between atomic and iridium.
Old 01-29-23, 01:30 PM
Naviid
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whistling noise coming from rear seat driver side door

Hi guys,
I am new here, a few months ago bought an IS500. I have noticed when speeding over 50 miles I have air noise coming from behind, I know it is behind me and from the door but since I am driving I am not able to locate it. I even took it to a dealer and we did a test drive with brand newIS 350, it had similar noise less from my rear side and more from the other side. I am trying to fix this but haven’t been successful yet. Any similar problem ? Any advise would be much appropriated .

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Naviid; 01-29-23 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-29-23, 01:47 PM
Naviid
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by albertcado
Ah thanks for clarifying, I'm having a hard time deciding between atomic and iridium.
don’t be picky, they both are good colors. I have the atomic silver with bbs wheels, it looks gorgeous. My personal opinion ,as someone that wanted iridium at first, is atomic silver fits with bbs wheels better than iridium.
Old 01-30-23, 04:46 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,956 Likes on 1,824 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Sounds like the consensus is that this car is exactly what I'm looking for.
You would be correct! I have owned two other IS 350s and the IS 500 is the Final Boss Form of the ICE IS line. In my opinion, this 3rd gen platform should’ve had it available from the start. It’s not the best car on the road, but it is the best all-arounder. Like a few others, I’ve swapped out the tires for PS4S’ and upgraded the air filter with a TOM’s racing solution. No other mods are planned for mine. Good luck on your search!
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Bechtold (01-30-23), phoenix888 (01-31-23)
Old 01-30-23, 04:56 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by phoenix888
1 Normal Mode keeps up no problem, and I find myself in "old man Lexus" mode (ECO) constantly as the ride is just so smooth. So smooth I dont realize I'm 85 MPH on the Road (not the highway either), I just love to hear the Engine Rev and change gears.
Oh my goodness, nope. You had me nodding in agreement before and after the above! 😂

I avoid Normal and Eco like the plague. All drives start out in Sport & Auto and the intensity only goes up. I’m always scanning for the next victim and the shifts are just too dang slow in those modes. (Hence my constant visits to Shell Pump #5!) 🫣😈
The following 3 users liked this post by DLPTony:
BrianDCIS (07-24-23), GoHorns (01-31-23), phoenix888 (01-31-23)
Old 01-31-23, 05:59 PM
phoenix888
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Oh my goodness, nope. You had me nodding in agreement before and after the above! 😂

I avoid Normal and Eco like the plague. All drives start out in Sport & Auto and the intensity only goes up. I’m always scanning for the next victim and the shifts are just too dang slow in those modes. (Hence my constant visits to Shell Pump #5!) 🫣😈
HAHAHAH! LOVE IT! I 100% Feel you on the Speed of the Shifts in Sport, the Responsiveness and Sheer FUN is HIGHLY Addicting.

I especially love holding out the shifts till over 6800 RPM just to hear this V8 in all it's Glory in Sport and Manual Mode, but then damn Traffic on the Road or Slow Cars in the Fast Lane kill the vibe and I stop trying to fight the Flow and go with it. I just Topped off the Tank and did some math, running around Town like a Bat out of Hell between lights in Sport and Normal Mode Only = 13 MPG (and Well Worth it)

Took my Lady out to a Show in Hollywood and made a Drive out of it = 22 MPG in ECO on the Freeway.

The Jekyll & Hyde performance of this Car from calm, smooth cruiser, to all out Speed Demon with Old School Muscle (Natty VA) beneath the Hood is exactly why this Car will be considered the Pinnacle of Performance and Luxury as all future cars will be Turbo's and Electric due to Emission Standards... To all my 500 owners and soon to be owners, enjoy and savor your Peace of Automotive History.
The following 2 users liked this post by phoenix888:
DLPTony (02-01-23), macmaster (01-31-23)
Old 01-31-23, 06:26 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

HAHAHAH! LOVE IT! I 100% Feel you on the Speed of the Shifts in Sport, the Responsiveness and Sheer FUN is HIGHLY Addicting.

I especially love holding out the shifts till over 6800 RPM just to hear this V8 in all it's Glory in Sport and Manual Mode, but then damn Traffic on the Road or Slow Cars in the Fast Lane kill the vibe and I stop trying to fight the Flow and go with it. I just Topped off the Tank and did some math, running around Town like a Bat out of Hell between lights in Sport and Normal Mode Only = 13 MPG (and Well Worth it)

Took my Lady out to a Show in Hollywood and made a Drive out of it = 22 MPG in ECO on the Freeway.

The Jekyll & Hyde performance of this Car from calm, smooth cruiser, to all out Speed Demon with Old School Muscle (Natty VA) beneath the Hood is exactly why this Car will be considered the Pinnacle of Performance and Luxury as all future cars will be Turbo's and Electric due to Emission Standards... To all my 500 owners and soon to be owners, enjoy and savor your Peace of Automotive History.
You tend to incorrectly capitalize a lot of words but that said I 100% Agree With you.
Old 02-02-23, 03:11 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

HAHAHAH! LOVE IT! I 100% Feel you on the Speed of the Shifts in Sport, the Responsiveness and Sheer FUN is HIGHLY Addicting. The Jekyll & Hyde performance of this Car from calm, smooth cruiser, to all out Speed Demon with Old School Muscle (Natty VA) beneath the Hood is exactly why this Car will be considered the Pinnacle of Performance and Luxury as all future cars will be Turbo's and Electric due to Emission Standards... To all my 500 owners and soon to be owners, enjoy and savor your Peace of Automotive History.
Amen. Amen. 😎👏🏽
Old 02-02-23, 08:48 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Jekyll and Hyde is perfect for this car. Faintly reminds me when of when you would hit VTEC back in the day. But with that V8, it’s like vtec on steroids once you crack that 2800 rpm. It still surprises me sometimes. I’m not looking to go crazy and all of a sudden you get that deep growl as you cross that threshold. Then I’m like Oh Yea let’s get some more 😂
The following 5 users liked this post by spotxc:
95bat (02-03-23), BrianDCIS (07-24-23), DLPTony (02-03-23), phoenix888 (02-03-23), wthrman2 (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 02:12 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spotxc
Jekyll and Hyde is perfect for this car. Faintly reminds me when of when you would hit VTEC back in the day. But with that V8, it’s like vtec on steroids once you crack that 2800 rpm. It still surprises me sometimes. I’m not looking to go crazy and all of a sudden you get that deep growl as you cross that threshold. Then I’m like Oh Yea let’s get some more 😂

LOL!! The moment I read ‘…all of a sudden you get that deep growl…’, my mind said: “…and you keep going!” Then I get to the last sentence and was like, my brother! 🔥😂
The following 3 users liked this post by DLPTony:
95bat (02-03-23), phoenix888 (02-03-23), spotxc (02-03-23)
Old 02-03-23, 09:55 AM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,162 Likes on 343 Posts

Man after 100mph the top-end is insane.
The following 2 users liked this post by Moonman89:
BrianDCIS (07-24-23), DLPTony (02-03-23)
Old 07-24-23, 10:14 PM
BrianDCIS
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Pitsy - I can tell you that from a former RC 350 (and several IS 350) owner, I can't say enough good thing about the IS 500. It will offer you the convenience of 4 doors, a refined ride until you decide that you want something with more aggressive, but it does so naturally without feeling you are ringing the hell our of an engine and potentially damage it. This car is quite good on every level but the only I don't enjoy as much is the brake feel. They are powerful and they will stop you with no effort the brake pedal feel is not very inspiring but that is a small gripe on my end.

As a former owner of the white interior, if you can find one, yo u will love it!!! I couldn't get it with my 2022 IS 500 but the dealer is trying to find me a 2023 (white on white) but I am not sure if they'll be able to secure me one, but it looks amazing and will look even better with the darker exterior color. Myself, I am biased toward white cars but even white on white looked amazing....

Best of luck but I would be VERY surprised if you didn't fall in love with your IS 500
I currently have a 2015 IS350 AWD and a 2017 IS350AWD. I absolutely love the car but definitely want more power. (i have driven many many performance cars mostly German way over 500 HP). It’s also nice to know that with RRracing almost done cracking the ECU for an upgraded tune, and with basic exhaust upgrades this car has the potential to be well over 500HP for around 5-6 grand more.

This IS500 is everything j have ever wanted (and for me personally, hopefully a rare Caviar or Cloudburst on black combo). Bulletproof reliability, beautiful lines, a timeless exterior design, classy but simple, lush and crisp interior, perfect size and weight, and an NA fire breathing V8 under the hood. However, I keep hearing the same “complaints” about this car over and over again. The squishy feel/lengthy travel of the brake pedal (is it REALLY THAT BAD?!) and the slow shifting of the 8 speed direct shift transmission. I have heard that as long as you are in Sport+ Mode when in D, the tuning of the engine and shift quickness mapping does improve quite a bit, and it’s “palatable” and if you really want to be able to select exactly what gear you want in any driving condition or situation (holding gears, downshifting into the 5500+ rpm range and giving it WOT until redline), you have to be in Manual paddle shift mode and Sport+. How do you feel about these two common concerns?? Is the glorious V8 enough to cancel these out or make up for its short comings? I’ve still heard that all things considered, the 8SPD transmission is still a VAST upgrade to the A760H 6-speed the IS300 and IS350 get (that I also own).

please give me your honest feedback!! It’s my plan to try obtaining one of these IS500’s within a year or two, but Canada only gets about 50 a year for the entire country so it’s harder to get if you want it brand new.
Old 07-24-23, 10:16 PM
BrianDCIS
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonman89
Man after 100mph the top-end is insane.
How fast have you had the sack to take her?? Anything over 100 mph is definitely jail territory haha 😂
Old 07-25-23, 12:11 AM
BaileyBIRD
10th Gear

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Coming from a 2018 IS350 AWD I have zero regrets with the IS500. It’s familiar with nice updates- the touch screen, CarPlay, 3D camera, 1800w ML radio…and the glorious motor…outside of a drop in KN filter I will leave my baby stock. It is more than enough for me and the motor is music to my ears when I want to lay into it. If I did not have a family I would have considered the RCF. With that said I’d buy my baby over again in a heartbeat!
The following 2 users liked this post by BaileyBIRD:
arentz07 (07-25-23), Longwaldo (07-25-23)

Quick Reply: IS500 Satisfaction