IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-23 | 02:08 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Default IS500 Satisfaction

I don't know if this is me just getting old, but I'm tired of my supercharged RC350. Im tired of having to baby it and constantly monitor it, im tired of the loud exhaust and PITA that Ethanol is just to break 500HP.

I listed that car for sale, with the intention of jumping into an IS500. Those who have made the jump, from 350 to 500, or SC'd 350 to 500, or F to 500, How content were you?

I want to pick up a Caviar with white interior. Ive been driving around a 2022 IS350 and fell back in love with the 4 door. I couldn't help but think Id be in love with a 4 door almost 500HP car out of the box. And not touch it.

How many of you said that but then modded it anyway?
Old 01-24-23 | 02:34 PM
LH1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pittsy
I want to pick up a Caviar with white interior.
It's in transit but you might want to contact them. Caviar/White is a very rare combo.

Only Grecian Water/White and Cloudburst Gray/White are more rare but not by much.

Old 01-24-23 | 02:37 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by LH1
It's in transit but you might want to contact them. Caviar/White is a very rare combo.

Only Grecian Water/White and Cloudburst Gray/White are more rare but not by much.

yeah I’ve been looking at that one already. Gotta get the RC sold first.
Old 01-24-23 | 02:54 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Mod bug hasn't hit me yet so I think you may succeed at keeping your hands off it. However, just by looking at your signature I can tell you have an affinity toward the aftermarket. Nothing wrong with that either.
Old 01-24-23 | 04:03 PM
MYIS500
Intermediate

Love mine. Did not think I was going to actually do much of anything as far as mods. It is so beautiful and expensive. Well... I added the CF spoiler because it just looks right. Like it should have been on from the factory, like the little badge I added to the trunk. I may do something subtle to the exhaust and one interior accessory, but that will be it. This car is so fun to drive. It is a grand slam for Lexus as far as I am concerned!

The following 2 users liked this post by MYIS500:
DLPTony (01-30-23), Vindahawk4 (07-25-23)
Old 01-24-23 | 04:33 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
Mod bug hasn't hit me yet so I think you may succeed at keeping your hands off it. However, just by looking at your signature I can tell you have an affinity toward the aftermarket. Nothing wrong with that either.
My days of hot rodding a car are over. I want to enjoy peace and quiet in my 500HP sedan.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pittsy:
cbrgal (02-11-23), wthrman2 (01-24-23)
Old 01-24-23 | 04:39 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by MYIS500
Love mine. Did not think I was going to actually do much of anything as far as mods. It is so beautiful and expensive. Well... I added the CF spoiler because it just looks right. Like it should have been on from the factory, like the little badge I added to the trunk. I may do something subtle to the exhaust and one interior accessory, but that will be it. This car is so fun to drive. It is a grand slam for Lexus as far as I am concerned!

Looks great!
The following 2 users liked this post by Pittsy:
MYIS500 (01-27-23), Vindahawk4 (07-25-23)
Old 01-24-23 | 05:32 PM
Moonman89
Advanced

I am on my 2nd IS500 and Other than swapping out the tires to the Michelin I am keeping it stock. 472HP & 395TQ from the factory in a sedan is plentiful.If a prospect buyer wants much more power a better transmission then go to the Germans IMO.

Last edited by Moonman89; 01-24-23 at 06:43 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Moonman89:
DLPTony (01-30-23), phoenix888 (01-25-23), wthrman2 (01-24-23)
Old 01-24-23 | 08:46 PM
GoHorns
Pit Crew

I had a decently modded BMW 335is (wheels, suspension, LSD) before the IS500. No desire to make any mods so far except new wheels. The Enkeis are a PIA to clean, and I would want to go wide as possible in the rear. Car needs more tire before it needs more power.
Old 01-25-23 | 05:17 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Pitsy - I can tell you that from a former RC 350 (and several IS 350) owner, I can't say enough good thing about the IS 500. It will offer you the convenience of 4 doors, a refined ride until you decide that you want something with more aggressive, but it does so naturally without feeling you are ringing the hell our of an engine and potentially damage it. This car is quite good on every level but the only I don't enjoy as much is the brake feel. They are powerful and they will stop you with no effort the brake pedal feel is not very inspiring but that is a small gripe on my end.

As a former owner of the white interior, if you can find one, yo u will love it!!! I couldn't get it with my 2022 IS 500 but the dealer is trying to find me a 2023 (white on white) but I am not sure if they'll be able to secure me one, but it looks amazing and will look even better with the darker exterior color. Myself, I am biased toward white cars but even white on white looked amazing....

Best of luck but I would be VERY surprised if you didn't fall in love with your IS 500
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Pittsy (01-25-23), TGPCanada (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23 | 09:01 AM
phoenix888
Driver

1 Year of Ownership in the Books and ZERO complaints. I came from a IS350 FSport, loved the car (Still have it), but always wanted that Extra Performance and Power and this car Delivers it... right out the box with ZERO mods. If you got the MOD Bug, you'll easily get this over 500hp without having to stress about blowing up the engine. Lexus is always super conservative and well built, so with an Intake,Headers, Exhaust and Tune you'll be over 500 HP easily w/ no worries (IMO those Mods are just about letting your Baby Breath Better). I can neither confirm nor deny (lol) that last night the HEMI 5.0 next to me at the light couldn't catch up and got pulled on in just Normal Mode, sans Mods. I wasn't looking for the Speed Test, it came looking for me so I wasn't in Sport Mode or Manually shifting

I used to always drive the IS350 in Sport Mode and Manually Shift to be able to push the Performance and "Feel Fast" with the Car Crew and their German Rides and muscle cars on the weekend cruises. Now w/ the IS500, Normal Mode keeps up no problem, and I find myself in "old man Lexus" mode (ECO) constantly as the ride is just so smooth. So smooth I dont realize I'm 85 MPH on the Road (not the highway either), I just love to hear the Engine Rev and change gears.

TL;DR- GET IT!!! It's everything you modded your 350 for and MORE! Who cares about it being 4 doors, we aren't kids any more, 4 doors is so much more convenient, you will not regret it !!!
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (01-30-23)
Old 01-25-23 | 09:16 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by phoenix888
1 Year of Ownership in the Books and ZERO complaints. I came from a IS350 FSport, loved the car (Still have it), but always wanted that Extra Performance and Power and this car Delivers it... right out the box with ZERO mods. If you got the MOD Bug, you'll easily get this over 500hp without having to stress about blowing up the engine. Lexus is always super conservative and well built, so with an Intake,Headers, Exhaust and Tune you'll be over 500 HP easily w/ no worries (IMO those Mods are just about letting your Baby Breath Better). I can neither confirm nor deny (lol) that last night the HEMI 5.0 next to me at the light couldn't catch up and got pulled on in just Normal Mode, sans Mods. I wasn't looking for the Speed Test, it came looking for me so I wasn't in Sport Mode or Manually shifting

I used to always drive the IS350 in Sport Mode and Manually Shift to be able to push the Performance and "Feel Fast" with the Car Crew and their German Rides and muscle cars on the weekend cruises. Now w/ the IS500, Normal Mode keeps up no problem, and I find myself in "old man Lexus" mode (ECO) constantly as the ride is just so smooth. So smooth I dont realize I'm 85 MPH on the Road (not the highway either), I just love to hear the Engine Rev and change gears.

TL;DR- GET IT!!! It's everything you modded your 350 for and MORE! Who cares about it being 4 doors, we aren't kids any more, 4 doors is so much more convenient, you will not regret it !!!
I just don't have the desire to work on my car every week anymore. It was fun, but I'm over it. Sounds like the consensus is that this car is exactly what I'm looking for.
The following 3 users liked this post by Pittsy:
DLPTony (01-30-23), phoenix888 (01-25-23), wthrman2 (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23 | 09:28 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I would say so. Too bad you don't live closer or I would let you take it for a test drive. That being said, if you want, I can crate load my car and I'll crash at your place until winter is over and you can take it out for a few spins (deal?!?) LOL

Last edited by wthrman2; 01-25-23 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-25-23 | 10:01 AM
albertcado
Pit Crew

Is this Iridium?
Old 01-25-23 | 10:02 AM
albertcado
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MYIS500

Is this Iridium?

Quick Reply: IS500 Satisfaction