IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Good Deal

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-23, 12:52 PM
poptop
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deal

I have been looking for an ISc for awhile. I know it’s not really the right season here so pickings are slim. It’s a third car and with kids in the back just to enjoy the top down and pleasure drives. Might use for 3-5 hour road trips for wife and I. I’ve read some threads here and it seems the 350 is the way to go.

Found this locally and seems good, however the 2 accidents worry me. WDYT.

https://www.germaintoyota.net/inventory/used-JTHFE2C25A2502690/?utm_source=cargurus.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cargurus_listings
Old 11-12-23, 08:55 AM
imkIS350c
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by poptop
I have been looking for an ISc for awhile. I know it’s not really the right season here so pickings are slim. It’s a third car and with kids in the back just to enjoy the top down and pleasure drives. Might use for 3-5 hour road trips for wife and I. I’ve read some threads here and it seems the 350 is the way to go.

Found this locally and seems good, however the 2 accidents worry me. WDYT.

https://www.germaintoyota.net/invent...gurus_listings
The incidents appear minor, likely confined to the bumpers; overall, it seems to be a solid car. Prioritize checking the top function due to potential high repair costs for major issues. Often, a faulty switch is the culprit, an easily manageable fix. Expect worn trunk struts. Aftermarket headlights look great. Ensure you use premium gas for the engine and listen for any pronounced knocking noises. 6-speed transmission is ultra reliable. Watch out for a sticky dash issue. You ca use UV protector or dash products to mitigate damage. Take it for a test drive, and feel free to inquire about specifics.
Old 11-12-23, 09:43 AM
Mike246
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi,

Good advice from imkIS350c, especially the roof operation. We only have the 250 engine here in the UK and it is plenty fast enough. You have Lexus/Toyota solid design on this model and the mileage should not be a deterrent.

One thing to look out for as per previous posts - the headlamp-levelling mechanism can break and it is $ 800 + to replace. Removing the appropriate fuse extinguishes the warning message which I what I have done.

If the colour scheme is what you want, you should go for it. Personally I favour the ivory interior. It's a great car to own and drive - I would not part with mine for any money!
Old 11-12-23, 09:53 AM
imkIS350c
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike246
Hi,

Good advice from imkIS350c, especially the roof operation. We only have the 250 engine here in the UK and it is plenty fast enough. You have Lexus/Toyota solid design on this model and the mileage should not be a deterrent.

One thing to look out for as per previous posts - the headlamp-levelling mechanism can break and it is $ 800 + to replace. Removing the appropriate fuse extinguishes the warning message which I what I have done.

If the colour scheme is what you want, you should go for it. Personally I favour the ivory interior. It's a great car to own and drive - I would not part with mine for any money!
Agreed. I believe this car is equipped with aftermarket VLAN headlights, and I am pretty sure they've already taken out the fuse to avoid triggering a warning message.

The V6 350 engine is exceptionally dependable, whereas the 250 engine may encounter issues with carbon deposits.

I have a fondness for the tan interior; the leather quality is truly impressive.
Old 11-12-23, 02:56 PM
poptop
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the insight. I plan on looking at it in person this week- I will check the top function and check the condition of the dash. Reading this forum the trunk struts look to be an easy fix, even if only as a proactive replacement.