IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

coupe/convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-06, 05:38 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I don't think you can assume if they make a coupe version, it will just look like the IS sedan minus 2 doors as those photoshops suggest.
It's possible it may look more significantly different than that & share no body panels at all with the sedan.
Old 06-05-06, 07:02 PM
ISMaximus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxberry
No big deal for me...I may be in the minority here, but I didn't want a coupe or convertible. The 4-door is exactly what I want!
Same here. My wife is a realtor and we have a 4 year old son so 4 doors is definitely welcome.
Old 06-07-06, 06:00 PM
uofcgrad
Driver School Candidate

Default IS convertible

Originally Posted by Alex350
According to the Lexus production timeline, the IS convertible should be coming out on January, 2007. The car should be very similar to the Lexus LF-C Concept car, a 2-door, 4 seater convertible. The starting price will be around $44,000.00 MSRP. I think the car will be a very nice looking ride... but only time will tell....
Alex, can you please provide more info on your sources. There's been a lot of speculation and little hard info. What details can you share, source, reliablility.\

Very interested.
Old 06-07-06, 09:57 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uofcgrad
Alex, can you please provide more info on your sources. There's been a lot of speculation and little hard info. What details can you share, source, reliablility.\

Very interested.
The information about the release date of the car was posted on another thread of this site by a member who works for a Toyota/Lexus dealership and had a paper with several release dates of some of the Lexus vehicles. So far all the release dates have been accurate (like the release date of the new ES), so I assume that January 2007 should be the approximate date of launch. The other information about the vehicle I have obtained from this forum, www.autospies.com, and my local Lexus dealership. Now, keep in mind that Lexus can make changes to the release date and pricing as they see fit, but most likely we will all be able to see the actual coupe sometime this upcoming fall season. I think it will look nice, like a BMW M3 convertible, but with a hard top!!! I'm sure that Lexus will not try to dissapoint with the design of the car, especially with the success of the 2IS.

If you want more information, just look at the Lexus LF-C Concept car, and you should have a rough idea of some of the things the IS convertible might incorporate into the production model, like a 3-way convertible mode (top down, targa, and roadster) and some other goodies...
Old 06-07-06, 10:13 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
OMG! If I wanted a Scion tC I would have bought a Scion tC... I change my mind now. I'll keep the sedan!

I already heard people saying that the IS 350 has the lines of the scion tC... BLAH! that just downgrades my car a couple notches... comparing a POS tC to a IS...
If a Scion tC and a Pontiac GTO had a baby, out would pop the IS350 coupe pictured above.
Old 06-07-06, 10:19 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope that the IS coupe, should it appear, share a resemblance but not 100% the front/rear of the IS sedan. I prefer a variation, to see something similar yet different. The rumored 8----8 exhaust is a good idea, IMO, stylistically. Perhaps different angled headlights, and also similar yet different taillights--such as in the Road&Track rendering...would be great.

I hope that whatever comes also has a very slick, eye-catching profile. Some of the renderings which take the IS sedan and simply cut out the doors lose the visual interest and detailing that the IS sedan has from the side.
Old 06-07-06, 10:22 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
If a Scion tC and a Pontiac GTO had a baby, out would pop the IS350 coupe pictured above.
Yuck... I hate both of those cars... Cheap cheap and cheap... ruins the image of the IS.