No thanks, will need to see in person
26.98%
Undecided
11.63%
Liked the concept instead
6.98%
I will buy it
4.65%
Will stick to my 4 door or buy a new 4 door IS, was waiting to see this.
17.21%
Will go buy an IS-F, was waiting to see this.
5.58%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Official Thread: Lexus IS 250C Coupe-Convertible: First Photos and Details

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-08, 10:32 AM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

need to see it in person....
Old 10-04-08, 01:43 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

High Resolution photos can also be found here, can you say wallpaper? 1600x1200

http://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2010-is250c/
Old 10-04-08, 04:01 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BAD ****!! ...still need to see it in person thoo
Old 10-05-08, 07:05 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The design has definitely grown on me. At first I really didnt like the rear end, then I looked closely at the taillight design. These videos definitely changed my mind... I like it. Its probably a lot better in person as well.

Check it
http://www.4wheelsnews.com/video-lexus-is-250c/
Old 10-05-08, 09:29 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Some stills of interior shots unique to the convertible from the video:

Old 10-05-08, 10:45 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

1. I'd much rather have a Lexus convertible than a BMW. The exterior is fine and the interior is much better.

2. There's not much rear visibility while driving, with the rear head braces (make the tilt down headrests pointless) and blackout around the rear window.

3. Yes, previous poster, ML audio is available in the C. You see the ML logo in the interior video.

4. Since there is no AWD option, I may not get one after all.

5. What's the cashmere carpet doing back in the IS 250 C?

Old 10-06-08, 10:23 AM
JKA.nyc
Pole Position

After looking at the 250C more, I must say it's grown on me and I actually like it now. I'm still reserving my final judgment until I see it in person, but the more I look at it the more I like it, I think it's just those wheels that are kind of ugly that really ruin the car...
Old 10-06-08, 11:53 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If the pics show 18" wheels (and shares the same wheelbase), the coupe is actually a bit bigger than the sedan.

Thanks pnyboy27 for the comparison!

Old 10-06-08, 12:07 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

I like the hard top idea, but not really my type of car.
Old 10-13-08, 11:02 PM
LexusIS-TL
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2009 Is 250c

Looks like the IS will also have a convertible option. The new fascia does look really agressive, but overall, not eye-catching. They should leave the convertible model to the SC and let the IS take all the glory with the F-Sport line. It's coming to the US market next summer but will hit Europe first looks like.

http://autoworld.wordpress.com/2008/...is-motor-show/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFd0DPMWwdg
Old 10-13-08, 11:04 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

dude, you're a little late. there is like 800 threads on this topic already.
Old 10-13-08, 11:04 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

There have already been posts about this topic, but nice catch. =)
Old 10-16-08, 12:07 PM
KCCraash
Rookie

Default Lexus Pursuit: The all-new IS Convertible

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/is_convertible.html

Lexus fans have been requesting a comfortable four-seat convertible for years. And, finally, the wait will soon be over. In Summer 2009, the IS Convertible will enter the showrooms, but not in the form of a traditional soft-top. Instead, we've given this alluring two-door a retractable hardtop that opens in just 21 seconds. Visit the Future Vehicles page at lexus.com to sign up for more information.

According to IntelliChoice, the leading source for automotive ownership cost and value analysis, a "good car value" is one whose cost to own and operate is less than expected. It's determined that Lexus vehicles provide "good value" on all facets of ownership [1]. The Lexus IS, ES, RX and LS were found to have the lowest cost of ownership in their class, based on IntelliChoice's seven costs of ownership analysis.

Vehicles shown with optional equipment.

Prototype vehicle shown; production model may vary.

TORRANCE, Calif. (Oct. 2, 2008)–Lexus today revealed the IS retractable hard-top convertible at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. Continuing the performance and styling trends set by the IS luxury sport sedans, the IS 250C and IS 350C will come to the U.S. in the late spring of 2009.

Featuring a three-panel roof that opens in just 21 seconds, the new IS 250C and IS 350C provide the spirited sophistication of a convertible and the sporty styling of a coupe. While the hood, headlamps, door handles and mirrors are common to the exterior of the IS sedans, all other body panels have been designed to blend seamlessly with the new three-panel aluminum folding roof.

Powered by the same powertrain as the IS sedans, the IS 250C features a 2.5-liter, 204-hp V6 mated to a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission; the IS 350C contains a 3.5-liter, 306-hp with a six-speed automatic. Revisions to the body structure and suspension provide torsional stiffness and ride comfort with the top down, and low Lexus-like Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) on par with the IS sedan when in coupe configuration.

The three-panel roof structure is completely constructed of lightweight aluminum that helps achieve smooth, quiet retraction. Unlike many retractable-roof mechanisms that increase in speed due to the weight of the structure, a unique roof-brake mechanism slows the closing roof-panels as they approach the windscreen area, ensuring easy retraction just before closure. In addition, the top completely retracts with no elements remaining in view. The three-panel folding aluminum roof also helps provide compact packaging and convenient luggage space.

The IS 250C and IS 350C’s new exterior design provides dynamic, unique styling when interchanging between convertible and coupe configurations. A sleek aerodynamic design and a collection of underbody covers help achieve its lowest possible drag coefficient – 0.29 Cd versus the IS sedan’s 0.27 Cd – while creating minimal wind turbulence on the cabin. An acoustic glass windshield, along with optimized seals on the roof, door and window panels, contributes to lower wind-noise levels.

A new fog-lamp design is integrated in the revised front air dam. The rear overhang increases by two inches to improve luggage space, providing storage for two golf bags in coupe configuration and one in a convertible. New combination tail-lamp clusters feature LED lights; a LED brake light is integrated within the standard rear spoiler.

The interior maintains the innovation and luxury touch points associated with the IS sport sedans, while new comfort and entertainment features provide a consistent atmosphere regardless of top configuration. Instrument gauges have been revised to help increase visibility during top-down driving, and the climate-control system has a speed-sensitive control feature that automatically increases air flow when the top is down while also automatically adjusting to vehicle speed.

The sound system has an equalizer-tuning feature that provides consistent audio whether the top is up or down, and it also automatically adapts to the natural loss of bass when the top is down.

With a four-seat configuration, the IS 250C and IS 350C’s rear seats feature a center console with built-in cup holders. In addition to front doors that are 11.8 inches longer than the IS sedans, a new one-touch automatic mechanism provides easier egress and ingress through quick-acting, front-seat fold-and-slide activation. Rear-seat comfort is enhanced by shifting seat position inboard, providing improved headroom. The front seat backs are configured to also provide better rear-seat legroom.

All body and chassis revisions have gone through extensive testing to ensure that the IS 250C and IS 350C have nearly identical NVH characteristics as the IS sedans, while still providing a consistent blend of driving performance and comfort in convertible or coupe configuration. They share common double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension systems with the IS sport sedan models.

A number of body-structure changes have been integrated in the IS 250C and IS 350C to augment strength, roll-over protection and torsional rigidity. Active safety features from the IS sedans transfer as well, including Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), and an available Pre-Collision System (PCS). The Safety Restraint System (SRS) will include the twin-chamber passenger airbag, while a new enlarged seat-mounted side airbag helps provide additional protection in certain side-impact scenarios. The convertible body shell has additional energy absorbing side-impact materials that also help protect front and rear passengers.

Last edited by KCCraash; 10-16-08 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-16-08, 12:19 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

haha Finally! Looks pretty good.
Old 10-16-08, 12:36 PM
Infin1ty
Driver

Just saw this e-mail as well. Can not wait to see this car in person.

Quick Reply: Official Thread: Lexus IS 250C Coupe-Convertible: First Photos and Details