IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

we got a lexus is250 convertible. 2010-2011

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-17, 12:22 PM
ilang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default we got a lexus is250 convertible. 2010-2011

as we try to open the roof, the booth lid get stuck on the passenger rear side, trying to open but then stop and will not open. the other side working fine. we checked the hinges to see if they are damage, and they look fine. we also checked the electric motor and its seems to operate fine. we also checked if the hinges out of line and there no obvious issue. is anybody came across this problem before? and what should i do?
thanks
ilan
Old 05-02-17, 12:24 AM
SlenderKen
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey ilang,

There have been several posts of this recently, just look through the recent forums. An issue that seems to be common is the microswitch which tells the computer that the hood cannot go passed a certain point. While this hasn't happened to me, it's best to have a local mechanic try to fix it if they know the issue, or else a Lexus dealer can do it, but for a lot of money.
Old 05-09-17, 05:16 PM
ilang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SlenderKen
Hey ilang,

There have been several posts of this recently, just look through the recent forums. An issue that seems to be common is the microswitch which tells the computer that the hood cannot go passed a certain point. While this hasn't happened to me, it's best to have a local mechanic try to fix it if they know the issue, or else a Lexus dealer can do it, but for a lot of money.
hi slen and thanks for your reply. we fund out that the electric motor on the hinge has gone. it was very expensive do. now we got a new issue, as we can not open the booth as the computer say tilt open operation suspended. but the tilt gate is looking perfectly closed. is there any suggestion? or can we by pass the switch which indicate it? or were is this senor or micro switch? what do you think we should do next?
thanks
ilan
Old 08-24-17, 07:56 AM
Patpat
Driver School Candidate

Default Truck and Convertible Problem

My problem started with truck didn't close completely but you couldn't open it by pulling up on it just didn't do a complete shut
the button on my key worked to pen it and so didn't the button in the car so I didn't fix it right away
Then a few months later the convertible top would not complete close up in the truck but the light on the dash said complete
but it wasn't complete truck was open and top would not come up to close only the sides would do there moving and then just
the parts are jumping but not able to work
Took to Lexus after several hours they decided that the cable broke truck/lift gate replacement latch and the part cost 5K ut only 600 to install
they told me my top got hung on my truck well how could that happen when the truck comes up when in operation mode
And guess what after I got it fixed the truck now shuts that part works the truck and convertible and you can't just buy the cable
Lexus said it breaks about 10 percent and that is not isn't enough for a recall on part
So unless you have 5k in pocket I would think twice about the purchase of a car with a part that seems to be a problem with more than one product
and if you have a ISC and your truck stops shutting all the way you better get ready for a big repair bill
Lexus the truck/liftgate