I need headrests that adjust fore/aft

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-20, 10:04 AM
Disneyf1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need headrests that adjust fore/aft

Good day,

My IS250c has front head rests that adjust vertically but not fore/aft. I need to have that support due to neck issues, but I cannot find a neck pillow that positions high enough and there is no replacement headrest from Lexus that is adjustable for/aft. I am willing to buy a set made for another model if it will fit, but the dealer cannot direct me.

Does anyone have a remedy for my dilemma?

Many thanks in advance!

JZ
Old 01-27-20, 12:25 PM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

LOL, had the same aggravating problem with mine. How they don't have fore/aft adjustments is mind boggling. So.. I bought headrests from a 2008 RX350... the problem is the BOTTOM of the headrest does for/aft adjustments which isn't quite close enough to reach my head, but a little better certainly.

So after color matching the headrest, I bent the headrest support bars that slide into the seat, so that the top of the headrest tilted closer to my head, then I spot welded it for extra strength in an impact.

Makes ALL the difference in the world now. So now it comfortably cradles my neck. Unfortunately, there's no other headrest that comes close to doing this that would fit w/o these heavy modifications.

Here it is with the bottom tilted away:

And with the bottom tilted forward:

Already, you can see how they sit closer to the neck.
Old 01-27-20, 01:52 PM
Disneyf1
Driver School Candidate

First of all...Great color combination, wow.

Thank you for your reply. Those would work for me, I bet. I'm right at 6' so hopefully you're taller and I wont have to bend the posts.

I'm going to look around and see if any RX headrests are available online in black. Is it only 2008 models that tilt?
Old 01-27-20, 04:29 PM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks! It's actually the reason I went for this combo, then added the F Sport kit to it, plus I wanted DRCC which wasn't available with the F Sport Package.

Seems like 07-09 have the tilting ability. They got rid of it after 09 it seems. I think you'll have to bend it though... I'm much shorter (5'7") and it doesn't reach otherwise without me craning my neck too far back. I assume too that as you raise the headrest it will pull farther away from one's neck.

Good luck!
Old 01-27-20, 06:54 PM
Disneyf1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks
I'll see what I can find