IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Journey to be in this club...

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-20, 07:07 PM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Journey to be in this club...

I just needed a place to vent and blow off steam. I have been actively looking for the IS 350 C ( or maybe even the 250 C ) for a couple months now. I thought Covid -19 would make finding what I want at the price I wanted, a breeze but its been anything but that.. I expanded my search to Nationwide and these cars are being bought as quickly as I can find them. I am just feeling a little defeated having missed out on 3 cars I checked on in the past two days. I am gonna give myself the weekend and start
looking again on Monday bc I am overwhelmed and disappointed.. used car shopping sucks!! .. thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
Old 07-05-20, 11:25 AM
TomDac
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Keep looking.. you'll eventually find one. I'm kinda interested to know what the 350's are going for on the used market... What's ur budget for one? My 2014 350c has 36K miles on and is fully loaded including the elusive radar cruise control. I paid close to 60K for it and wouldn't even dream of letting it go for under 40K, even though it's no longer technically worth that amount. KBB says it's worth 28-31K in "excellent" condition. LOL..

The following users liked this post:
Pburkes (07-05-20)
Old 07-05-20, 01:18 PM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TomDac
Keep looking.. you'll eventually find one. I'm kinda interested to know what the 350's are going for on the used market... What's ur budget for one? My 2014 350c has 36K miles on and is fully loaded including the elusive radar cruise control. I paid close to 60K for it and wouldn't even dream of letting it go for under 40K, even though it's no longer technically worth that amount. KBB says it's worth 28-31K in "excellent" condition. LOL..
I have looked for an older model, 2010-12.. my budget was $20k and I’ve found some with 100k miles around my price however each time I contact a dealer or owner.. it’s sold. They must be some freakin amazing cars since they are selling so quickly with THAT many miles.
Admittedly I am kinda stuck on 1 owner, no accidents in a specific interior/exterior colors..so I have realized something is gonna have to give if I want this vehicle. Thanks for the encouragement.. I guess a few more weeks/months won’t matter since I’ve been searching this long. Right after Covid hit, The experts said wait til June/July to buy since used car sales would be down due to the economy.. BOY were they wrong...
You’ll get whatever you’re asking if you decide to sell. The market for your car is on fire!
Old 07-05-20, 02:22 PM
Mike246
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Lexus US website does not make the search easy by limiting to 200 miles from the obligatory zip code. The UK equivalent does give the option of nationwide.

Not exactly down the road from you but there's a nice 350 with reasonable mileage up for sale in Sarasota

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...334_isFeatured

The asking price is a bit toppy and the color scheme is a matter of taste.

The 350 must be great to drive but here in the UK we only got the 250 which for normal driving is no slouch.
Pburkes (07-05-20)
Old 07-05-20, 09:23 PM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike246
Lexus US website does not make the search easy by limiting to 200 miles from the obligatory zip code. The UK equivalent does give the option of nationwide.

Not exactly down the road from you but there's a nice 350 with reasonable mileage up for sale in Sarasota

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...334_isFeatured

The asking price is a bit toppy and the color scheme is a matter of taste.

The 350 must be great to drive but here in the UK we only got the 250 which for normal driving is no slouch.
Thanks so much @Mike246 .. I am considering this one but black\black is my least favorite and I hate to go over budget unless I am in love!! Lol! I appreciate you being so kind to search for me. I will be back on my game first thing in the morning, on the search so I can join the “club”!!
Old 07-06-20, 09:35 AM
SeamusNH
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am looking as well. Target is a Luxes IS 350C with the F package. Found this one which looks good; a little high on the mileage...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=555162572
Pburkes (07-07-20)
Old 07-06-20, 10:20 AM
TomDac
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

try using SearchTempest... it looks all over Craigslist - nationwide.
Pburkes (07-07-20)
Old 07-07-20, 04:42 AM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SeamusNH
I am looking as well. Target is a Luxes IS 350C with the F package. Found this one which looks good; a little high on the mileage...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=555162572
I saw another option for what are looking for.. I will try to find it again and send to you! Good luck!!
Old 07-07-20, 04:44 AM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TomDac
try using SearchTempest... it looks all over Craigslist - nationwide.
Thanks! Hopefully SearchTempest can help me find a wind deflector too!
TomDac (07-07-20)
Old 07-25-20, 05:14 AM
alruner
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I feel your pain! I have been looking for a year, and so far no luck.

I sold my SC 430 last year and have been looking for a clean. preferably white, low mileage ISC. I have been tempted to jump ship and consider BMW or Mercedes,
but Lexus quality/dependability has me in it's firm grip. I'll keep looking..
The following 2 users liked this post by alruner:
Pburkes (07-26-20), TomDac (07-25-20)
Old 07-26-20, 05:49 AM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Everyone’s advice paid off. I found what I wanted!! Hang in there. You will get it! Good luck !!
Old 07-28-20, 06:11 PM
shutterguy
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a guy stop me in Home Depot parking lot in the rain to offer me $12K for my '11 IS250C. I told him I appreciate the offer but I just can't do it as these cars are very hard to find and I have just about 49K mileage.
Pburkes (07-28-20)
Old 07-28-20, 08:38 PM
Pburkes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shutterguy
I had a guy stop me in Home Depot parking lot in the rain to offer me $12K for my '11 IS250C. I told him I appreciate the offer but I just can't do it as these cars are very hard to find and I have just about 49K mileage.
I completely understand!! Thats the ultimate in compliments. I searched DAILY for 4 long months and finally found my girl 600 miles away! I wouldn’t take anything for her!!

The following 4 users liked this post by Pburkes:
alruner (07-29-20), Beamish (07-31-20), shutterguy (07-30-20), TomDac (07-29-20)
Old 07-30-20, 10:37 AM
shutterguy
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pburkes
I completely understand!! Thats the ultimate in compliments. I searched DAILY for 4 long months and finally found my girl 600 miles away! I wouldn’t take anything for her!!

It really is, I had to smile about it later and it makes you feel good. Definitely have gotten a lot of compliments on the car. Congrats on finding yours, I have the same color, same wheels, except with a white/black interior.
Old 08-07-20, 11:44 AM
Reggie1
Intermediate

Received 105 Likes on 86 Posts

Darn-it, that red is the car my wife wanted. She settled for a nebula gray with saddle interior. Red with saddle wasn’t produced, according to my 5 time Lexus salesman, but then he happened to have a line on the one he sold her.

Are all the dashboards and consoles black, regardless of exterior and seat colors?
Pburkes (08-07-20)

Quick Reply: Journey to be in this club...