IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

Isc rear bumper options

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-20, 04:27 PM
Firevalk01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isc rear bumper options

Dumb question and I'm sure it's been asked before but I don't really see an answer when searching. Are their any rear bumper options for these car? I see the front bumper can be used from the sedan, is the rear not compatible? If not, why not? I saw a widebody kit but Im not interested in that. Does the diffuser/lip add-on work? I honestly don't even have one yet. I am just exploring my options right now to see what's other. The rear just seems really plain and boring.
Old 07-26-20, 08:35 AM
TomDac
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

The only part that is interchangeable with the sedan is the hood.. Lexus was clear in their marketing of the ISC that it didn't share any body panels with the sedan except the hood. Not sure who told you that the front bumper is the same.. It's not.
Old 07-27-20, 01:20 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 610 Likes on 405 Posts

While the IS C front bumper is definitely different than the sedan, that doesn't mean it's not interchangeable. You could put an IS C front bumper on an IS sedan or an IS sedan bumper on an IS C without too much trouble (it's been done both ways), as long as to use the other appropriate parts that are different (bumper brackets, brake ducts, etc.). Lexus even did so with the 2013-2015 IS C F-Sport models, which used the front bumper from the 2011-2013 IS F-Sport sedan.

While the IS C fenders are different than the IS sedan, they're not different where the headlight or bumper mounts to it, so the fitment is the same.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 07-27-20 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-25-21, 07:42 PM
Restless1
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 2014 IS350C that I would like to improve the look of the rear bumper by adding a rear diffuser. I've viewed a number of images that don't match the rear bumper the I have. The rear taillights on mine look exactly like the ones found on 2013 and earlier. However, the lights shown on every image of a 2014 and later are different.
In addition, without verifying, the convertible spare tire compartment may be lower than on a sedan because of the bracing required to keep the body more rigid. The lack of a fixed top sacrifices the uni-body concept and reliability. Probably why the rear f-Sport sway bar has an offset bend in the middle. Yes, I had the F-Sport sway bar set and lowering springs installed and I would recommend it.
A custom carbon fiber rear diffuser is out of my "just because" budget.
Old 01-26-21, 03:02 AM
benmunger
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Restless1
I have an 2014 IS350C that I would like to improve the look of the rear bumper by adding a rear diffuser. I've viewed a number of images that don't match the rear bumper the I have. The rear taillights on mine look exactly like the ones found on 2013 and earlier. However, the lights shown on every image of a 2014 and later are different.
In addition, without verifying, the convertible spare tire compartment may be lower than on a sedan because of the bracing required to keep the body more rigid. The lack of a fixed top sacrifices the uni-body concept and reliability. Probably why the rear f-Sport sway bar has an offset bend in the middle. Yes, I had the F-Sport sway bar set and lowering springs installed and I would recommend it.
A custom carbon fiber rear diffuser is out of my "just because" budget.
​​​Did you install your f-sport springs on your stock struts? If so, how long have you had them in and how are your struts doing? I'm considering f sports springs myself.
Old 01-28-21, 04:35 PM
Restless1
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benmunger
​​​Did you install your f-sport springs on your s? If so, how long have you had them in and how are your struts doing? I'm considering f sports springs myself.
I haven't had any issues with keeping the existing struts but, I'll install some performance ones when the time comes. Installation of the F-Sport sway bar set and lowering springs was done 5 months ago. I wanted a lower stance and increase the amount of oversteer. The ride is only a little stiffer as I try to balance comfort with performance. Looking for and finding a hard time location a strut tower bar to tightened up the steering a little more. Can always fine tune the steering by increasing the pressure in the front tires. Next step in contemplating is change the wheels from 18" to 19" with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Old 01-29-21, 03:00 AM
benmunger
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Restless1
I haven't had any issues with keeping the existing struts but, I'll install some performance ones when the time comes. Installation of the F-Sport sway bar set and lowering springs was done 5 months ago. I wanted a lower stance and increase the amount of oversteer. The ride is only a little stiffer as I try to balance comfort with performance. Looking for and finding a hard time location a strut tower bar to tightened up the steering a little more. Can always fine tune the steering by increasing the pressure in the front tires. Next step in contemplating is change the wheels from 18" to 19" with Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Thanks. I've been considering the f sport springs but wasn't sure if the stock struts could handle them.