Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the fence about this 2013 IS 350C

2013 IS 350C with F-Sport package in Ultrasonic Blue Mica - listed at $22,377

Intuitive Parking Assist & HIDs

65k miles

2 owners

Owned in hot, dry climates

Started off as a dealer loaner for 4 years/46k miles - during that time, got regular maintenance at the dealer

After that, maintenance gets a bit more spotty. 58k mile service at the dealer, customer declined to replace spark plugs, but not much else

Accident with damage to the rear and passenger side panel, but no other information

The accident makes me nervous, but I do intend on getting a PPI. I was looking at another IS 350C where there were maintenance notes that a rear tire was wearing unevenly after a minor accident, so I'm paranoid. I do like the Ultrasonic Blue, though...don't seem to be too many around. It's being sold by a dealer and I have not asked for an OTD price yet as I am out of state - so I'll have to factor in the cost of transport as well. What do you all think? Pass because the unknowns, even with a PPI, and wait for a cleaner example?
Old 10-29-20, 05:57 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Very hard to find color 350 and F sport. I actually did a FaceTime with someone in Dallas on a car just like that. It had some scratches on the hood and no navigation. We ended up buying a different one. It was private seller and very nice. We live in Atlanta and decided to buy local. Good luck. Their are places like wreck check that can look at it
Old 10-29-20, 06:00 PM
Tmymck
Pit Crew

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jbaxter
2013 IS 350C with F-Sport package in Ultrasonic Blue Mica - listed at $22,377

Intuitive Parking Assist & HIDs

65k miles

2 owners

Owned in hot, dry climates

Started off as a dealer loaner for 4 years/46k miles - during that time, got regular maintenance at the dealer

After that, maintenance gets a bit more spotty. 58k mile service at the dealer, customer declined to replace spark plugs, but not much else

Accident with damage to the rear and passenger side panel, but no other information

The accident makes me nervous, but I do intend on getting a PPI. I was looking at another IS 350C where there were maintenance notes that a rear tire was wearing unevenly after a minor accident, so I'm paranoid. I do like the Ultrasonic Blue, though...don't seem to be too many around. It's being sold by a dealer and I have not asked for an OTD price yet as I am out of state - so I'll have to factor in the cost of transport as well. What do you all think? Pass because the unknowns, even with a PPI, and wait for a cleaner example?
Very hard to find color 350 and F sport. I actually did a FaceTime with someone in Dallas on a car just like that. It had some scratches on the hood and no navigation. We ended up buying a different one. It was private seller and very nice. We live in Atlanta and decided to buy local. Good luck. Their are places like wreck check that can look at it
Old 10-29-20, 06:15 PM
jbaxter
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmymck
I think this is the same car! Looks like the couldn’t sell and traded it in.
Old 10-29-20, 07:42 PM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I'd pass, the accident on record scares me and the asking price doesn't really reflect that to begin with.
Old 11-26-20, 10:34 AM
spineman
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Have a nice one here for sale! Need to get a four door https://www.clublexus.com/forums/market/954609