IS C Discussion about the convertible IS C model

*** Tan's IS-350C Build Thread **

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-23, 01:37 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default The C needed to Breathe - RR Racing Intake

Next up, we have the RR Racing intake pipe. Main reason for the install is the cosmetic appeal. Let’s see how this goes!

Let’s get things started, as you can see I already have the F Sport lower box and filter.

Engine cover off, she looking dusty and dirty. A cleaning job for another day. Can’t believe I had to Google how to take the cover off lmao

Out with the old

In with the new

Per instructions, need to cut off the carbon air filter for better airflow

Done

Filter for the Breather hose

Fitment was a pain to get but was simple. Took me about maybe 30 mins of adjusting to find the right Fitment and have the logo be visible to my liking.

How she looking ?

Will update you guys on the driving experience with this later.

Last edited by tanweerr12; 01-25-23 at 02:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Shushley (01-25-23)
Old 01-25-23, 03:37 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

First impressions I did feel a little more power when I put the foot down. Imagine how you felt when you installed the F sport lowering box and a filter of your choice. Remember that feeling you felt when you hear that "growl"? Ok imagine that but louder and a little more response on the throttle along with a bigger smile on your face. The combination of removing the mesh for more airflow (and pipe/breather filter) and my foot on the gas made driving my IS-C a lot more fun. I believe you can get the same effect if you have the f sport lower box and filter and cut out the mesh on the upper of the air filter. The intake pipe it self doesn't really make a difference in my opinion but daym does it it look good.

There are threads on CL if you are interested in in depth and detail comparisons between stock and aftermarket intakes.

It seems like there is a correlation between the amount of mods I add on to how my MPG is looking. Its clearly obvious that the more mods I add the worser my MPG is. and that's because I love to hit that redline every chance I get

CURRENT MPG: 12.7 MPG, should have just gotten a V8 :/ 2UR-GSE swap?

Last edited by tanweerr12; 01-25-23 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-17-23, 12:04 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Default Dirty *** Headlights - Let’s make them look brand new

I finally decided to clean my headlights. Not sure why I was putting this off for so long. It was very simple to do and made the car look so much better.

I used Meguire's 2-Step Headlight Restoration Kit and Meguire's Ultimate Polish. You can also use Meguire's Ultimate Compound along with Meguire's Ultimate Polish and you will get the same results. Make sure you get the Meguire's Headlight Coating and a cutting pad if you decide to go that route.

Before

After

Alot clearer and cleaner

Very happy with the results. Took me about 5 mins for prep, and about 10-20 mins to do both sides completely.

Question for you guys, how can I change or make my DRL brighter? Let me know.

Last edited by tanweerr12; 02-17-23 at 12:30 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tanweerr12:
shutterguy (07-04-24), x10f9m01 (04-09-23)
Old 06-20-24, 09:15 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Wow, it's been well over a year since my last post. I still document my car on instagram weekly since it's much easier but I always forget about the CL family. Since my last update I have did a bumper conversion, tinted my windshield, changed the brakes, painted my calipers, bought a full OEM big brake kit (not installed), fix some things here and there, had some setbacks . Now my car is almost at 100K miles. Currently preparing for the 100K mile service along with replacing my water pump since it's gone bad. Stay tuned. in the mean time, I will post all my updates in the last year.

Enjoy!
The following users liked this post:
shutterguy (07-04-24)
Old 06-20-24, 09:19 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by tanweerr12
First impressions I did feel a little more power when I put the foot down. Imagine how you felt when you installed the F sport lowering box and a filter of your choice. Remember that feeling you felt when you hear that "growl"? Ok imagine that but louder and a little more response on the throttle along with a bigger smile on your face. The combination of removing the mesh for more airflow (and pipe/breather filter) and my foot on the gas made driving my IS-C a lot more fun. I believe you can get the same effect if you have the f sport lower box and filter and cut out the mesh on the upper of the air filter. The intake pipe it self doesn't really make a difference in my opinion but daym does it it look good.

There are threads on CL if you are interested in in depth and detail comparisons between stock and aftermarket intakes.

It seems like there is a correlation between the amount of mods I add on to how my MPG is looking. Its clearly obvious that the more mods I add the worser my MPG is. and that's because I love to hit that redline every chance I get

CURRENT MPG: 12.7 MPG, should have just gotten a V8 :/ 2UR-GSE swap?
I can say with in the last year, (mainly the recent months) I manage to get my MPG finally OVER 20 MPG. I usually get about 23-25 mpg and my biggest achievement is that I finally gotten my gas tank range in the 300s. Currently getting 315 miles of range on my full tank. Long distance commuting and not having as much as a heavy foot helps out.
Old 06-20-24, 09:31 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Default It’s Drop Top Season

Old 06-20-24, 09:38 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Default Headlights tinted using VVIVID Smoked Headlight Tint

Before

After
Decided to tint my headlights when my bumper was off. Didn’t look too bad but I ended up taking them off a week later.

Due to the headlights being so scuffed, the tint didn’t stay on too long and started to pull back and harden.
Old 06-20-24, 09:40 PM
tanweerr12
Pit Crew

Default Taillights tinted using VVIVID Hex Smoked Tint

I did the taillights the same day and also ended up taking them off for kind of the same reason. It’s safe to say I just suck at tinting. Will be trying to tint the rears again with the same tint in the future.

Old 06-24-24, 07:32 PM
ronkelley
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 95 Posts

--

Nice car. Note that Speedway gas is not Top Tier. Big difference in engine cleaning.

--
Old 07-04-24, 04:39 AM
shutterguy
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks great!! Love all the upgrade and it sounds mean!!

Last edited by shutterguy; 07-05-24 at 04:41 PM.