IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Direct Injector Markings

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-23, 03:01 PM
JRight
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Injector Markings

Unfortunately, while resealing the valley plate for the second time due to rolling the coolant pipe o-ring I wasn't so lucky when disconnecting a direct injector. When ordering the new direct injector I did notice there are different color marks. Are these marks referring to a pen/marker color added to the infector or is it referring to the color of the connector gasket? I ordered a "green" injector as there was a green mark on the injector as I was under the impression the color was designated by a pen/marker. I received the new injector and it has a black pen mark but a green connector gasket. Should I have bought a "brown" injector as the original has a brown connector gasket? I tried searching for the information but that was to no prevail.

Old 03-09-23, 07:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,435 Posts

There's zero in the service manual about injector selection, and I couldn't find anything in Toyota Technical Training covering direct injector sizing - only pull the injector carefully and replace it in the same spot. I see in the parts there are four sizes related to colors, but whether they're using a marker or the seal color to designate this is a question for Lexus/Toyota techs who have been trained on this. Nothing I can find on the web says anything about the subject.
Old 03-11-23, 06:23 PM
JRight
6th Gear

Thank you for your input!
Old 03-29-23, 05:14 PM
viprez586
Intermediate

Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts

Replace the injector with the same color injector connector body seal in your picture.
you broke a brown injector, so thus replaced with brown, not green.

Also, the white Teflon seals are one time use. If you pulled the rail, it's best practice to rebuild all the injector seals. You'll risk breaking another doing so.
​​​​​​

I believe this has to do with final injector impedance when built.
Old 03-30-23, 11:52 AM
JRight
6th Gear

Viprez586, you mentioned "If you pulled the rail.." I was under the impression that was the only way to replace the injectors. Is there alternative to not pulling all of the injectors? Like you pointed out, the more the injectors are handled the higher change of breaking another.
Old 03-30-23, 12:02 PM
viprez586
Intermediate

Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JRight
Viprez586, you mentioned "If you pulled the rail.." I was under the impression that was the only way to replace the injectors. Is there alternative to not pulling all of the injectors? Like you pointed out, the more the injectors are handled the higher change of breaking another.
I should've said "when" instead of "if".