IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus isf 2008 flaws

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-23 | 08:32 AM
Salvisf
5th Gear

Default Lexus isf 2008 flaws

Hey guys attaching a link to video I uploaded where I’m looking for help from the community as to how can I bring this car back to healthy life

https://youtu.be/zCugjiJzJHY?si=m1ox-V9tSX_m-cAv

Ask me anything

Old 09-18-23 | 10:34 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Here is the link to his YT video below:

That being said looks like this car unfortunately was left outside somewhere with a lot of salt. It has a lot of rust in the engine bay, start by degreasing the motor thoroughly to see if there are any leaks anywhere, can't tell by the condition of the picture and the video.

Give more details:

- Mileage?
- How many owners?
- Salvage title?
etc.....
Old 09-18-23 | 10:52 AM
Salvisf
5th Gear

Hey! Tbh i picked this car up in January of this year, my first car, got it around 97K Milage with 1 minor fender bender, i think i am the 2 if not 3rd owner. no salvage title however i did crash this car where i needed a tow. ( underestimated the power ). fast forward to June i picked it up again. i let my friend whose uncle own a car shop have it under his care & so I'm here for y'all to point out his flaws, i am willing to take better footage for in-depth feedback as i would really appreciate the flaws needed to be corrected and when i say flaws it's as the picture describes it just doesn't look A1. Wires all over the place, the plastic are like burnt through exposing some wires, engine looks rusted as you mentioned, keep in my mind I'm just an enthusiast and don't know much about cars etc. any links or method to clean I'm willing to do myself just point me the right direction. i do have the engine cover, looking to basically detail the car with it's components whether i clean or swap for a different part.

What's changed from my pov:
Wise detail headlights
Koyo Radiator
carbon fiber hood
I have loi tune however mechanically i want everything to be new or in better condition before using the tune itself.

Project i would like to do:
New ignition coil
New spark plugs
New tires & wheels
New starter
Coilovers
Most of rr racing supplies such as ; damper pulley, belt, silicone tube, bushings, lower control arm & maybe upper?
Anti gravity battery
novel full exhaust setup
new ecu ; not sure if 2012 + is compatible with 08

Old 09-18-23 | 10:56 AM
Salvisf
5th Gear

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lexus/comme...eb2x&context=3

Here's additional photos i posted on reddit from when i was in the shop this past Saturday.
Old 09-18-23 | 12:16 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Looked at the Reddit link....honestly the guys on there gave you some good advice. By looking at the additional pictures that engine bay looks pretty bad with all the corrosion on the hoses the rust etc.....I hope you got a good deal on the car because it looks rough TBH🤷‍♂️

Did you get maintenance records from the previous owner?

To view your service history, log in to LexusDrivers.com or the Lexus Drivers app and go to the Service page. If you have more than one vehicle, go to the vehicle picker in the right corner to toggle between vehicles. Select the desired vehicle to view its service history.

Go there and look up the history of that vehicle if it has any with Lexus and start there, other wise your just guessing unless you know the previous owner who sold you the car and they can vouch for what they've done to the car....
Old 09-18-23 | 12:37 PM
Salvisf
5th Gear

Since this was my dream car and it happen to be couple blocks from my job i got it on a mid deal, could've negotiated for the better but it's a learning experience; i was able to retrieve the maintenance My Lexus | Service, Maintenance, & Parts i don't know if you're able to see it as well but i provided the link. i guess the first stage would be in cleaning the bay.
Old 09-19-23 | 08:07 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Hard to tell the flaws from the video, but if I was in this situation, I would clean that engine up and get back to basics (OEM), getting a baseline for the overall health of the vehicle before jumping into modifications. The age and mileage isn't a concern, but looking at the condition of the engine bay, and considering how long it may have sat between now and the previous owner, is where I'm concerned about fluids and other things.
Old 09-19-23 | 12:16 PM
cuongiee
Rookie

EDIT: SORRY DIDNT MEAN TO THREAD JACK.

not sure how to delete post.

Last edited by cuongiee; 09-19-23 at 12:40 PM.