IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

auction disaster

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-24 | 06:16 AM
zumo227
8th Gear

Default auction disaster

Hello guys. I'm new to these forum. I needed a place to cry ...,and try to get some help maybe.
My son in law bought a 2012 ISF at an auction. It showed front damage and some repairs. it was missing the grille, bumper and lights. he thought it was a good deal. and he hoped that me as a mechanic, would help him bring it back to life.
When I opened the hood. I notice many things wrong with it. 1, the radiator had two auxiliary fans attached to it. obviously not original equipment. 2, I was looking for the connectors to the fan motors, no where to be found. I don't know where they come out from. 3, one a/c condenser line was cut and the sensor connector is missing, no sign of a harness.
As I have investigated, I've came to realize or assume, that the harness that feds the fans and also the ac pressure switch is all missing and was taken out by someone way before the previous buyer. I called the dealer to get that one harness and the part number for it shows to be discontinued. so I could only find it from a wrecked car if lucky. with 5200 ISF total production, it sounds like an impossible task. I almost bought the fan assembly with motors and modules. but realize that if that harness is non existent, is all in vain.
If anyone with one of these cars can help me confirm where the harness for the fans and ac sensor [ driver side behind headlight ] starts from. I believe is from that electric box near the strut tower on the driver side.
any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Basical I'm on the look for these parts: complete fan assembly and any harness involved. Condenser line, grille, bumper, etc.
thanks!!

Last edited by zumo227; 08-08-24 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-08-24 | 11:11 AM
Lushman
Pit Crew

Really sorry to hear that. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I hope you get it worked out. I usually go to ebay and RockAuto when I'm looking for an obscure part, or sometimes just google the part number. My local Lexus dealership parts-counter has been pretty cool about supplying parts numbers, even if they know I'm not going to buy from them.

As far as the location of the harness, you'll need input from someone far more experienced than I am... Lobuxracer comes to mind.
Best of luck with the repairs! I hope to see a repair/build thread on here at some point.
Old 08-08-24 | 01:30 PM
zumo227
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Lushman
Really sorry to hear that. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but I hope you get it worked out. I usually go to ebay and RockAuto when I'm looking for an obscure part, or sometimes just google the part number. My local Lexus dealership parts-counter has been pretty cool about supplying parts numbers, even if they know I'm not going to buy from them.

As far as the location of the harness, you'll need input from someone far more experienced than I am... Lobuxracer comes to mind.
Best of luck with the repairs! I hope to see a repair/build thread on here at some point.
thank you!! I really hope so. I've contacted a dealership and made to almost buy the fan assembly, but not being able to get that harness kills it all.
Old 08-08-24 | 01:34 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Welcome to the forum @zumo227 and sorry to hear about your issues. Can you post some pics when you get a chance? If it's fairly simple and at a wrecking yard near me, i would be willing to grab it for you.
The following 2 users liked this post by msgs350:
Lushman (08-09-24), zumo227 (08-08-24)
Old 08-08-24 | 01:42 PM
zumo227
8th Gear

Condeser and radiator are there. Missing all the rest.

Condenser line showed cut and connector and harness missing

Not sure what plugs here. Headlight?
Old 08-08-24 | 01:44 PM
zumo227
8th Gear

Originally Posted by msgs350
Welcome to the forum @zumo227 and sorry to hear about your issues. Can you post some pics when you get a chance? If it's fairly simple and at a wrecking yard near me, i would be willing to grab it for you.
Thank you very much! I would really appreciate that. Been looking online yards but nobody seems to have anything on this model.
Old 08-13-24 | 08:17 PM
isam250
Pole Position

whoa you're missing alot of stuff there sucks to see. from what i heard if any of those headlight harness is damage the insurance usually calls it a salvage lost. but looks like you're missing the complete headlight ECU harness, that transmission cooler, alot of AC components.
Old 08-14-24 | 06:04 AM
zumo227
8th Gear

Yes, headlight harness is complete. I've confirmed, they removed the cooling fan harness.
Old 08-14-24 | 09:32 AM
JT2MA71

If this is one of the harnesses you need, cooling fan harness, it looks like it's still available.

Cooling Fan Harness
Old 08-14-24 | 11:13 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
If this is one of the harnesses you need, cooling fan harness, it looks like it's still available.

Cooling Fan Harness
I'm not sure that's everything since he's also missing the A/C sensor connection. I looked at a few of these harnesses in the engine room, and I'm not finding E code at all, so I'm confused why the OP was told the part is discontinued. The bad news is, the harness it appears he needs (82112-53180) is ~$1k from US Internet sources. I'd probably hit the Japanese resources (Amayama, Megazip, etc.) to see if they have it at a better price.
Old 08-14-24 | 11:33 AM
JT2MA71

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'm not sure that's everything since he's also missing the A/C sensor connection. I looked at a few of these harnesses in the engine room, and I'm not finding E code at all, so I'm confused why the OP was told the part is discontinued. The bad news is, the harness it appears he needs (82112-53180) is ~$1k from US Internet sources. I'd probably hit the Japanese resources (Amayama, Megazip, etc.) to see if they have it at a better price.
Oh okay, that’s less than $500 from Amayama. Still pricey but much better than $1K!
Old 08-14-24 | 12:33 PM
zumo227
8th Gear

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Lobux, you're rigth. I believe the one I need is that 82112, as it goes all the way into that electronic box by the strut tower on driver side. we opened up the cover and sure enough connectors missing. this harness, I assume goes to the fan modules also. i suppose to ac too.I will try those sources. thank you!!
Old 08-14-24 | 12:35 PM
zumo227
8th Gear

Not that one. I believe thats from cooling fan motor to electronic module. still in the fan assembly. i need the one from assembly to electronic box by drivers shock tower
Old 08-23-24 | 05:50 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Oh okay, that’s less than $500 from Amayama. Still pricey but much better than $1K!
All the sites that say they have it are all out of stock. Would anyone know if these would be able to get pulled from an earlier model?

To the OP, I'm literally in the same position as you, and am to the point where I'm about to cut my losses and part out my 2012 ISF.
The following users liked this post:
zumo227 (08-26-24)
Old 08-26-24 | 09:17 AM
zumo227
8th Gear

I'm sorry to hear you're having to travel with me in pain road. I've ordered the harness from lexuspartnow.com. it sucks because there's no human being to take your order or questions to make sure you're buying the right thing. I've entered the Vin# and they reassure is the right one. so I'm crossing my fingers until it gets to me.
why is yours missing or bad?

Quick Reply: auction disaster