Old 07-25-06, 11:39 AM
Airwolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best driving car from my experience was an Acura NSX
Old 07-25-06, 12:31 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dame. I really like the quad exhuast pipes. Gold wheels another plus! I can't wait see real car in person. These time, Lexus will disable VDIM system completed off TRAC! Well, if Lexus don't VDIM off completely! Screw off Lexus~
Old 07-25-06, 02:39 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexwang07
Dame... These time, Lexus will disable VDIM system completed off TRAC! Well, if Lexus don't VDIM off completely! Screw off Lexus~
I THINK I understand this...

Javier
Old 07-25-06, 04:30 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dame. I really like the quad exhuast pipes. Gold wheels another plus! I can't wait see real car in person. These time, Lexus will disable VDIM system completed off TRAC! Well, if Lexus don't VDIM off completely! Screw off Lexus~
Yeah, you tell 'em....whatever it is you're trying to say, it's with CONVICTION.

Old 07-25-06, 05:54 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

:
Old 07-25-06, 07:14 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 15951
Yeah, you tell 'em....whatever it is you're trying to say, it's with CONVICTION.

LOL!
Old 07-25-06, 07:31 PM
ScottE
Driver School Candidate

Default Isf

The August copy of Automobile Mag has a small blurb on the upcoming V8 IS. Their moles predict it will be called the ISF. The "F" being a nod to Lexus's past when they internally named the original LS400 as the F1, for Flagship 1. Other crystal ball details include the 8-speed auto (no manual offered) and a pricetag "north of $50k".
Old 07-25-06, 07:37 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

Default It's time

It's time for Lexus to fight against M3. Hope Lexus will work seriously on handling and responsiveness. Well, of course it has to be fast too. Hope Lexus is not going to disappoint us all.
Old 07-25-06, 11:26 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by suprafrank
It's time for Lexus to fight against M3. Hope Lexus will work seriously on handling and responsiveness. Well, of course it has to be fast too. Hope Lexus is not going to disappoint us all.
It is highly possible that the IS500 will have slightly faster acceleration than the V8 M3, similar to how the IS350 is compared to the 330i (and quite possibly 335i). It will be more luxurious, have better quality and reliability, and will be a alittle cheaper fully loaded. However, it will probably lack the "German handling", and then all the magazines will still put M3 on top despite it is trailing in all other aspects.

The magazines will also complain about the tight rear seats of the IS500 once again. The M3 is a coupe, and will have rear seats designed for prisoners, but hey who cares about cramped rear seats. That doesn't apply to German cars.
Old 10-07-06, 08:42 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

yeah...im not going to join in this lexus vs bmw battle. What we should do is wait til the land of the rising sun drops this bad *** car on american soil...and let actions speak louder than words. I'm going to trade in my 350 and get one, believe me.
Old 10-07-06, 10:37 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Infiniti is regarded as the Japanese performance brand, and I think it would be a great step (ahead) if Lexus was the first Japanese brand to challenge the Germans on the high performance front, with a credible effort. If this car comes into fruition, which I'm hoping it will, I really hope they do it right.
Old 10-07-06, 10:50 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

They better build with true stick shift or BMW will have my money for M3.
Old 10-07-06, 10:52 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default The ISF was unveiled in Chicago...

at the national dealer meetings this week. The engine will be the same 5.0 V8 from the 600hL mated to an 8 speed tranny. The engine will have more than 415 HP and 60 lbs. more torque than the new M3 so it will most likely out accelerate the BMW. It has BBS wheels which look to be 20". The wider redesigned nose has shark vents on the side. I think the handling will be excellent, too. This will be the first of the AMG or M series performance line equivalent within Lexus. Don't forget the LFA waiting in the wings and the fact that Toyota fields a Formula 1 team so all this subjective hogwash about "soul" and "road feel" will be settled on the test track. The IS350 is already being raced in a modified form with the V6 against BMW's and Porsches. The electric power steering may feel different from the 3 series heavy feel but it has less inertia and is precise. The ISF is a broadside to the M3 and it will probably be lapping it on a track course....

Rock
Old 10-07-06, 11:09 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
at the national dealer meetings this week. The engine will be the same 5.0 V8 from the 600hL mated to an 8 speed tranny. The engine will have more than 415 HP and 60 lbs. more torque than the new M3 so it will most likely out accelerate the BMW. It has BBS wheels which look to be 20". The wider redesigned nose has shark vents on the side. I think the handling will be excellent, too. This will be the first of the AMG or M series performance line equivalent within Lexus. Don't forget the LFA waiting in the wings and the fact that Toyota fields a Formula 1 team so all this subjective hogwash about "soul" and "road feel" will be settled on the test track. The IS350 is already being raced in a modified form with the V6 against BMW's and Porsches. The electric power steering may feel different from the 3 series heavy feel but it has less inertia and is precise. The ISF is a broadside to the M3 and it will probably be lapping it on a track course....

Rock
very promising news... maybe by the time its released, i can actually afford it.
Old 10-07-06, 11:21 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rockville

Rock
Rock, I hope you are right! or you are making me jump up and down for nothing.

I really want lexus to bring out this car as a proper performance car. Not like GS460h performance, know what i mean?

But V8 5.0L sounds so damn sweet and I think I can settle for that w/o manual tranny.

Quick Reply: IS500 Mule Spotted in SoCal