IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS500 Mule Spotted in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 09:15 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Gotta Admit BMW Did It Again! All That Horsepower And Still Hold That Handleling Performance!. But Most Def Cant Wait What The IS-F Will Bring!..* Atleast SMG for the 500 lol but that would never happen!..*
Old 12-13-06, 09:49 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combfilter
The IS paddle shift is a freaking joke. They shouldn't even put it on there. it is so slow to shift.
I'm REALLY hoping the new 7 or 8-speed automatic shifts more quickly on this car!
Old 12-13-06, 10:01 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Cool car if it happens.

Also, not sure if someone said this already. However, how in the hell can this IS500 compete with the M3? They are not even in the same class.

M3 = 2door sporty coupe
IS500 = 4door sporty sedan
Old 12-13-06, 10:32 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ronsully
Cool car if it happens.

Also, not sure if someone said this already. However, how in the hell can this IS500 compete with the M3? They are not even in the same class.

M3 = 2door sporty coupe
I know everything is heresay.. but didn't one article mention a coupe?
Old 12-13-06, 12:25 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't want to get too excited because I have a feeling that Lexus will -yet again- fall short of thier mark to effectively compete against BMW which seems to be thier target, and totally disappoint.

This car being a sports sedan wearing that "F" badging should represent the excitement of the Lexus brand. That said there should be some simple tasteful body work, nice performance numbers, tasteful wheels (not this busy Toyota mix-up stuff) improve that stacker exhaust (IMO: it looks tacky) offer transmission option(s) and definately improve handling big time and give the car a great stance (a factory tested/tuned drop) out the door.

Shy of these simple "today-demanding" features/setups this car will get labelled as a great effort but not worthy to capture the "Ultimate" experience from BMW.

BTW: I'm pro Toyota/Lexus. I'm just disappointed in their relentless pursuit to fall short of the competition.
Old 12-14-06, 10:54 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

hey where was that car spooted at? i saw the current gen GS Test Mule Near toyota headquarters months b4 the US release. I also saw the Tundra test mule heavily covered near toyota headquarters a few months ago
Old 12-14-06, 11:16 AM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ronsully
Cool car if it happens.

M3 = 2door sporty coupe
I wouldnt call the IS-F or m3 "sporty." the IS350 is sporty..the IS-F and m3 are flagships, a true sports sedan and coupe. 400 & 425hp is not sporty in anyway. And by competing with the m3, what lexus is probably trying to do is make consumers consider a 4 door vehicle offering similar power, handling, and "look at me" factor. In essence taking a slice out of the Flagship sports vehicle Pie. I also heard rumors of the M3 also coming in a 4 door variant.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-14-06 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-14-06, 11:57 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

not rumors, its happening. so sad
Old 12-14-06, 12:15 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm I thought M3 Was Releasing a Sedan?..*
Old 12-14-06, 12:16 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

^^ i heard the same thing..*
Old 12-14-06, 12:21 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XtrabOoSt
Hmm I thought M3 Was Releasing a Sedan?..*
? uh usc just confirmed it. I'm sure you meant to say **I thought BMW was releasing an M3 sedan.

Last edited by NovaIS350; 12-14-06 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-14-06, 12:25 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by uschardcor
not rumors, its happening. so sad
So sad? why, as in thats bad news for the IS-F or thats bad as in a real m3 would never come in a sedan package?
Old 12-14-06, 01:09 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club
Forum Moderator

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaIS350
So sad? why, as in thats bad news for the IS-F or thats bad as in a real m3 would never come in a sedan package?
I had a 97 M3 Sedan a while ago and loved it! I always wondered why the E46 model never had a sedan M3 vesion. I would have opted for one instead of the IS350. Then again maybe I wouldn't have because that car was a love hate relationship. Always sucking money out of my wallet for some repairs and maintenance, but the way it drove seemed all worth it at the time.
Old 12-14-06, 01:52 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RX469
I don't want to get too excited because I have a feeling that Lexus will -yet again- fall short of thier mark to effectively compete against BMW which seems to be thier target, and totally disappoint.

This car being a sports sedan wearing that "F" badging should represent the excitement of the Lexus brand. That said there should be some simple tasteful body work, nice performance numbers, tasteful wheels (not this busy Toyota mix-up stuff) improve that stacker exhaust (IMO: it looks tacky) offer transmission option(s) and definately improve handling big time and give the car a great stance (a factory tested/tuned drop) out the door.

Shy of these simple "today-demanding" features/setups this car will get labelled as a great effort but not worthy to capture the "Ultimate" experience from BMW.

BTW: I'm pro Toyota/Lexus. I'm just disappointed in their relentless pursuit to fall short of the competition.
I support these comments and features for the target market who want them. However what about those who want the luxury, power, related acceleration,superior cornering capability (not race track level), without the stiff ride and the boy-racer appearance (disproportionally large wheels, rubber band tires, impractical ground clearance, etc.). i.e. the stealth factor.

Possibly these could be addressed via the option route without compromising the former. Perhaps a base model with a luxury bias and an optioned model that would reflect higher handling capabilities and related performance appearance.This sure would grab my attention, and possibly my checkbook! Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-14-06, 06:49 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

not in the stock form... but if toyota sucks so much .. can you guys explain why toyota supra, mr2 , celica alltrac are cosidered pretty good cars.

mr2 is great MR car....
Supra nice HP
Celica Alltrac held a lot of world series title...

and for some drifters the ae86

toyota can make great cars... if they really wanted to beat bmw.. i think they could... they jus choose not to... iono.. weren't these cars any good?

remember You Only Live Twice ~ james bond drove a toyota 2000gt...

Quick Reply: IS500 Mule Spotted in SoCal