IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS500 70 large? ouch..

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 02:55 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

70K or not, I am not buying the car. It's ridiculous to pay 70K for the same car with different motor.
Old 11-05-06, 03:58 PM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spending 70 grand IS500 is better be great handling, hell no body rolls, soft suspension setup, and very fast any E92 M3, Audi RS4, and C63 AMG...many stanrdard futures
Old 11-05-06, 04:07 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexwang07
Spending 70 grand IS500 is better be great handling, hell no body rolls, soft suspension setup, and very fast any E92 M3, Audi RS4, and C63 AMG...many stanrdard futures
Old 11-05-06, 04:25 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

welcome to america
Old 11-05-06, 06:48 PM
fly2low
Driver

I think this thread will be more useful if we use the format:

Say that the IS500 will come with a more aggressive suspension setup, brake, aerodynamics, and some goodies.

1) How much would you pay if the changes are less extreme (like Audi S4 from A4) and the car comes with 350 bhp?
2) How much would you pay if the changes are less extreme (like Audi S4 from A4) and the car comes with 415 bhp?
3) How much would you pay if the changes are more extreme (like Audi RS4 from A4) and the car comes with 415 bhp?
4) How much would you pay if the changes are more extreme (like Audi RS4 from A4) and the car comes with 450 bhp?
5) How much would you pay if the changes are more extreme (like Audi RS4 from A4) and the car comes with 500 bhp?

My answers:

1) $45k
2) $48k
3) $50k
4) $50k
5) $50k

See how I put the upper limit? I am not too conviced yet about a Lexus ultra sports sedan yet that I am willing to spend more than $50k on it. I don't even want to drive an ISxxx with a bhp more than 415. I don't trust the supports like the chasis or the electric assist brake, or Lexus' suspension setup that much yet.

I personally think that Lexus knows about it yet and will be more conservative in testing the water. I guess, it will be likely showing option 3 with pricing between GS430 and SC430. This would be a very logical move.

Last edited by fly2low; 11-05-06 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-05-06, 07:52 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Wow... $70K is too much money. You can buy a nicely equipped 997S for that price.
Old 11-05-06, 11:36 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

50k$ would be a dream, but seeing how the E46 M3 was around 54k$ -- 60k$ I don't see that happening UNLESS BMW stays at the same price level and Mercedes does as well because it's to Lexus advantage and history to undercut them always.

And for the dfw guy that said
Bottom line is - LEXUS IS YET TO CREATE A FAST CAR!
BMW & Mercedes have been doing it FOREVER!
I think you seem to forget that a few years ago, the LS430 was faster than the Mercedes S500 and easily faster than the S430 to 60mph.
Personally you seem to be a bigger troll than me, rather than identifying individual cars (like I do, and 1sicklex does) you just generalize companies.

By doing that, you're showing off your ignorance and the fact that you've entirely missed the point of Lexus as a whole. Lexus wasn't intended to be a racing division of Toyota. Perhaps you need to read a little more information on the background and underlying philosophy of the creation of Lexus. There is a reason why a lot of Lexus enthusiasts claim that Lexus means "Luxury Export to the United States"
Old 11-06-06, 12:44 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

vraa, I did not miss and when I said BMW and Mercedes you really want me to spell out M3 and Any Benz AMG for you?

I dont appreciate the insult (being called a Troll) and I did not say Lexus is a racing division or is intended to be. Someone called IS350 fast.
It is quick, but its not fast. For the $ you can get a faster STOCK car.
2006 CST-V for example has luxury and it will destroy the IS350.
Cost OTD was $46k loaded.
My friend has one.

Anyways, I am just saying, Lexus is nice and luxurious but BMW and Mercedes are the real fast sedans. Lexus has no model to compete with AMG or any BMW M's.
Old 11-06-06, 12:48 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

lawls.
CST-V is not class.
M3 is not class.

What the ISF is doing is opening a new market while at the same time competing in old ones where the M3 and the C55 is. It's called the fast car that works.

Go find the M3 and the C55 and I'll show you how you're trying to construct and argument which has no basis and no one to listen to you. The M3 has been out for years, so has the C55. How long has the ISF been out? If my wishes come true, about -.5 years. I guess while we're at it we should compare cars that are coming out in 2010 right?

The IS350 certainly is fast in it's division. The 335i is faster though and the C350... let's just pretend that car doesn't exist.

CTS-V suffers from wheel hop and screams subpar quality Shame, the car looks very nice to me.

Lexus has no model to compete with AMG or any BMW M's.
I agree with you for now.

BTW: I'm sorry I called you a troll, I think that was just a reflex reaction.
Old 11-06-06, 01:36 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

I'll wait for the next supra...if toyota ever grows some ***** and releases it
Old 11-06-06, 05:27 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

I think you guys are missing the point in owning a Lexus.

If you bought a Lexus to be fast you should have saved your money and purchased a 335i. Even though they might be in the same class these are two totally different cars. If Lexus wanted to *truly* compete with the BMWs they would have made an manual transmission for the IS350, and slapped a turbo on it. But -- do you think Lexus will do that? Probably not, because the point of having Lexus is to enjoy a relatively quiet ride, and a nice interior. You get in the car and drive, you don't worry about who is faster than you. Seriously, did you buy your car because it was quick, or because it has time proven reliability in correspondance with the brand?

Maybe I speak for myself here, but I didn't buy the IS350 because it was quick. I bought it for its styling, its interior, and most importantly its reliability. Perhaps it because I am a female I think this way... but having the power to merge into traffic, and get out of sticky situations quickly is an added bonus of owning my IS. I wish now I would have waited an additional six months to get a GS, instead of an IS. And, believe me if I wanted to be fast and *classy* I would have opted for the BMW, or a Mercedes. Sure, it is 10k more but worth it.

Lexus likes to use time tested technologies, and now with an *active* tuner market they might try and create their own *super car.* Or as some of you have stated, and some articles have hinted to.. they are going to make a fast car. But, I guarantee the true purpose of the car will be more luxory than *car killing.* If Toyota wanted to build something to kill these cars they would bring back the Supra (I think they are?).

And you can't compare the IS to Mustangs -- that is a totally different breed of car. Muscle cars are alone out there -- because there is no replacement for displacement. :P
Old 11-06-06, 05:34 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

If Lexus wanted to *truly* compete with the BMWs they would have made an manual transmission for the IS350, and slapped a turbo on it.
Incorrect, that would only create a fast boat.

But, I guarantee the true purpose of the car will be more luxory than *car killing.*
Incorrect as well, why else would there be 19" BBS wheels, quad exhaust, etc? Something is rumbling under the sleeves of Toyota and it's good

If Toyota wanted to build something to kill these cars they would bring back the Supra (I think they are?).
Supra has no class. A Lexus theoretically can. As fast as you can make a Supra (no offense intended) it's still a Toyota on the outside. Just as you can blow any Civic with a billion psi of boost and slap whatever you want on it, it'll never be an M3. Same situation applies with the Supra. No matter how much you mod it, it'll still be a Supra while the Lexus IS-F has the ability of being able to say "well it's a Lexus on the outside". Sticky situation

And you can't compare the IS to Mustangs -- that is a totally different breed of car. Muscle cars are alone out there -- because there is no replacement for displacement.
Preach lord preach!
Old 11-06-06, 05:39 AM
LiS
Rookie

Hi.
In Russia prices are:

IS250(premium) - 50800$.
Is350 - not selling.
BMW M3 - 105000$.

And you are telling that 70k for IS500 is tooo much. I`d say it`s a blessing price, for USA with money you are getting on your jobs.
Old 11-06-06, 05:41 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Originally Posted by LiS
Hi.
In Russia prices are:

IS250(premium) - 50800$.
Is350 - not selling.
BMW M3 - 105000$.

And you are telling that 70k for IS500 is tooo much. I`d say it`s a blessing price, for USA with money you are getting on your jobs.
Hahaha, ,100k$ for a BMW M3. That's incredible man, how are gas prices there?
Old 11-06-06, 05:52 AM
LiS
Rookie

Bigeer than in the US. In US gas is about 15 rubles, and here it`s about 21 rubles.

You want more prices? I can give them to you all:

GS300 - 65000$
GS430 - 80000$

We want more

BMW 335ci - 66900$ (naked )
M5 - 150000$
M6 - 190000$

Quick Reply: IS500 70 large? ouch..