IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-07, 04:50 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Not everyone is going to like it. Not everyone likes the fact you can mix a AMG/M/RS with a regular model, unless you have a trained eye or are an enthusiast. Some probably are going to say "hey, now that says special".

Not saying anything wrong with the current M/RS/AMG. I think most look damn near PERFECT. Sublte and classy. Even Benz realizes this, and offers the black series in Europe (I actually got a friend here that deals with Mercedes and gets all their cars, he HAS a black series SLK right now, the car is just insane and quite out there, like the IS-F)

It looks like nothing else. Good or bad, no one can confuse this with anything but a IS-F.
Exterior styling can be controversial. This needs to be a driver's car. If it does that, the odd scoop or slash here or there won't make any difference. If it doesn't deliver the driving experience relative to the competition a year from now, a bulge here or there won't matter.
Old 01-08-07, 04:52 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it's been 2 years of testing and spy pics, but we do have to keep in mind that the IS-F is built on an already tested and in use platform, the LF-A is completely new territory for Toyota and is going to be competing with companies that have been building supercars for a lifetime.. I think Toyota wants to get this right from the very beginning, specially if you are going to be shelling out over 100k-150k for these cars
Old 01-08-07, 05:03 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry if someone pointed this out already but I haven't read EVERY single post here, but notice how, even though it was released here in the US, the pictures of the IS-F at lexus.com, both plates are GERMAN size
Old 01-08-07, 05:13 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Skulinex
Sorry if someone pointed this out already but I haven't read EVERY single post here, but notice how, even though it was released here in the US, the pictures of the IS-F at lexus.com, both plates are GERMAN size
Actually didn't notice that
Old 01-08-07, 05:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

It looks like nothing else. Good or bad, no one can confuse this with anything but a IS-F.
Exactly. The chief designer for the IS-F wanted this IS-F to be a Lexus of it's own. Despite being related to the IS250/350, the IS-F is it's own thing...and not to be mistaken as a regular IS. The V8 and the performance characteristics will shine as this car becomes readily available for us to preview.
Old 01-08-07, 05:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Skulinex
This was a world debut car so there is a reason why you are seeing the euro-spec plates on the webpage. All the US Press Release Press Kit photos do not have this plate on the car. Even for those who are coming to see the car in person in detroit, it has a custom raised IS-F logo US-sized license plate.
Old 01-08-07, 05:28 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by flipside909
Exactly. The chief designer for the IS-F wanted this IS-F to be a Lexus of it's own. Despite being related to the IS250/350, the IS-F is it's own thing...and not to be mistaken as a regular IS. The V8 and the performance characteristics will shine as this car becomes readily available for us to preview.
Exactly, did people read the press release? Bob said, this is like in the mold of the GTO, the original Corvette. Some crazy fanatics, got together and decided "how far can we push the limit". Bob said the chief engineer (who is invited to Thanksgiving dinner at my crib ) said "TO HELL WITH A IS 500" and pushed HARDER and FURTHER, ala Mr. Ichiro Suzuki, father of the F1 i.e original LS 400.

Its not going to be perfect but got damnit, who would have thunk it back in 1992 or back in 1996 when I got my first Lex
Old 01-08-07, 05:29 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
I believe flipside was mentioning this earlier... but he was totally right when he was saying Lexus was definitely hinting us of things to come with that blue Team Lexus IS350 they brought to one of the meets!
My direct sources are legit.

Remember this car...

19" BBS wheels, Brembo Brakes...sound familiar? They were definitely not lying when they said more interesting things to come. And this was told to me around this time last year. Damn it they were spot on.

BTW, the new blue on the IS does not have an official name yet. It is not the same BASF Carizzma Ultra Blue Pearl used on the IS350 from last year. But it is a nice deep irridescent blue similar along the lines of Spectra Blue Mica and Intensa Blue Pearl. I will let you guys know the name of the paint color as it is released. The colors will be limited to Black, Silver, White, Red and this new Blue. Two interior colors will be available for the interior. White as in the IS-F we see today and all black. For you guys complaning about the light colored gray headliner...it is now all BLACK!!!!!

Last edited by flipside909; 01-08-07 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 05:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I happen to prefer the Euro-style long plates...

One thing I am a bit concerned with, is that while the 2 IS range is all well and good, (international) IS 220d, IS 250, IS 300, IS 350, it is still one body style--sedan. I was secretly hoping the other car they revealed was the IS 350 C or IS 350 X or something (convertible/coupe)...

But the LF-A is hot!!!

Last edited by encore888; 01-08-07 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 05:39 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

The image of that blue IS350 I saw at a car show is permanently burned in my retina cause it was so gorgeous in person. The color, the wheels, etc.. all worked perfectly together.
Old 01-08-07, 05:43 PM
LexFather

Flipside, interesting they went from Stoptechs which were used by Team Lexus to Brembo. Was it b/c of the "name" value? Stoptech brakes have gotten great reviews.
Old 01-08-07, 05:45 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Flipside, interesting they went from Stoptechs which were used by Team Lexus to Brembo. Was it b/c of the "name" value? Stoptech brakes have gotten great reviews.
The name. Stoptech was just a sponsor for the former TL. They went with Brembo as it is a renowned global brand.
Old 01-08-07, 05:48 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...19" BBS wheels, Brembo Brakes...sound familiar? They were definitely not lying when they said more interesting things to come. And this was told to me around this time last year. Damn it they were spot on.

BTW, the new blue on the IS does not have an official name yet. It is not the same BASF Carizzma Ultra Blue Pearl used on the IS350 from last year. But it is a nice deep irridescent blue similar along the lines of Spectra Blue Mica and Intensa Blue Pearl. I will let you guys know the name of the paint color as it is released. The colors will be limited to Black, Silver, White, Red and this new Blue. Two interior colors will be available for the interior. White as in the IS-F we see today and all black. For you guys complaning about the light colored gray headliner...it is now all BLACK!!!!!
Any hints or whispers about a coupe version of the IS-F. The body changes/enhancements would lend themselves perfectly on a coupe.
Old 01-08-07, 05:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by SDLexus
Any hints or whispers about a coupe version of the IS-F. The body changes/enhancements would lend themselves perfectly on a coupe.
Hey Rey! According to them...not in the immediate future.
Old 01-08-07, 05:51 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rotaryrock
The image of that blue IS350 I saw at a car show is permanently burned in my retina cause it was so gorgeous in person. The color, the wheels, etc.. all worked perfectly together.
Look at this glowing picture...stunning!

Now we know that blue IS 350 wasn't just a single special event, it was a big hint of something to come.

Hey Rey! According to them...not in the immediate future.
No IS-F coupe soon, ok...but tell me the regular IS coupe is coming out sometime....!!!?
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007-5180c15c3e41458f954fda2a578b7d95.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007