IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 03:13 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me also add a vote for the, previously mentioned, blacking out of the grille surround.

Pretty, pretty please.
Old 01-10-07, 03:48 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
You left out TQ curve.

BTW: I think the car is a bit lacking on the rear tire width side of things to put all that power down to the ground. But they might be able to pull an AMG, how fast does an E63 get moving with what size rear tires , and surprise us all.
I left torque curve out because if you look at both the 350 and the 460 torque curve, they are very good on their own. I doubt there is enough improvement in a street motor over those to justify going to 5 l unless there is going to be a fair amount more than 400 hp available.

I think we are running round and round here (not you Mr. Johnson) but all of us debating on the IS-F with nothing firm other than a pretty blue. We really need to get some hardware and that is going to be a year off. You can see all the fascination with 0-60 time from people who buy cars from brochures but you can just kill 0-60 by having to have a shift in there. You could absolutely flatten 0-60 by having that 8 speed have two shifts, no matter how fast they are. But we are all just playing mind games. If R&T got a 0-60 of 4.9 in the most recent test of the IS350 than the IS-F needs to be at least a half second quicker than that and Lexus should be proud of that. But even if the tranny and engine are willing, whether the suspension can put down the power to get a sub 4.4 sec 0-60 is a big question, with or without electronic controls or LSD.
Old 01-10-07, 08:20 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Amen!
Old 01-10-07, 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
The color pallete for this car is being worked on as we speak so names and exact color codes have not been devised yet. With this blue color, black, silver, red and white will be available as well. The two interior color choices will be the white with black as you see currently and and all black interior.
somehow i am not sure about the white interior. black that's a given, but i thought gray would be a better alternative
Old 01-11-07, 06:28 AM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the IS-F exhaust tips are going to be the new ricer trend....in two-yrs you can see it all over ebay

same went when the Altezza lights came out...Lexus--always setting the trends

the new pix are m-azing...the blue is nice, i want to see which red and white they come with, i was hoping they'd come with a racing green simmilar to jaguar's (one of my fav colors)
Old 01-11-07, 07:41 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddis es
the IS-F exhaust tips are going to be the new ricer trend....in two-yrs you can see it all over ebay

the new pix are m-azing...the blue is nice, i want to see which red and white they come with, i was hoping they'd come with a racing green simmilar to jaguar's (one of my fav colors)
Problem with those exhaust tips is that they have proper cutouts on the IS-F. I somehow doubt people will cut out the bumper properly for their exhaust tips. I think the exhaust is different but nothing superbly special. I like the LF-A central tri-exhaust a lot better.
Old 01-11-07, 07:48 AM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baddis es

Ya, setting the trends for ricers

Porsche has an exhaust system with tips like that for the 997 (or even the 996) as optional equipment years ago.
Old 01-11-07, 09:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RON430
The performance numbers sort of have to be. 400hp is competitive but with the 4.6 generating 380, you have to wonder why they bothered with five liters for 20 more hp. Seeing as how the IS350 with 300hp can already be a low five second car, unless Lexus screwed something up, the LS-F should be well under 4.9 sec., even with "just" 400hp, as you say. But if the performance speculation is true, and Lexus wants to play in the performance car arena, maybe a little less conservatism would be warranted if they want performance buyers, who are very likely to push the numbers around, to wait a year.
Lexus mentioned over 400HP. I can almost guarantee it will be well over 400HP. This debate is pretty pointless if you ask me. In the end, the critics will be silenced as usual when the real numbers come out .
Old 01-11-07, 08:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
somehow i am not sure about the white interior. black that's a given, but i thought gray would be a better alternative
Gray would be a great alternative, but i think Lexus wanted to go in a direction or "outside the box" if you will. The white interior is not my favorite but I applaude the product planners for a bold new look. I will elaborate on this on my write up which will include all the photos and videos ive taken. I hope to get this up by this weekend.
Old 01-11-07, 08:37 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

I'm with flipside, white interior makes a huge statement. I
think for the perfectionists among us a white interior will be manageable, just gotta refuse all passengers
Old 01-11-07, 09:37 PM
LexFather

AWww fock, MT claims Lexus is gonna ditch the V-10 for a twin turbo V-8 with 600hp
Old 01-12-07, 04:33 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
AWww fock, MT claims Lexus is gonna ditch the V-10 for a twin turbo V-8 with 600hp
But didn't a Lexus rep at the unveiling say it was still a V10?
They already spent money developing a V10, why would they just throw away that design?
Old 01-12-07, 05:36 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Exactly. MT can be so full of it sometimes. I doubt we will ever see a V8 Lexus FI from the factory. The engine is this cars determining factor for me. Up to this point it has all the right hardware, but is still similar to high end porsches and Astons. The V10 is the deal maker and if they drop it, then thats one less car for me to buy in the future.
Old 01-12-07, 06:33 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Exactly. MT can be so full of it sometimes. I doubt we will ever see a V8 Lexus FI from the factory. The engine is this cars determining factor for me. Up to this point it has all the right hardware, but is still similar to high end porsches and Astons. The V10 is the deal maker and if they drop it, then thats one less car for me to buy in the future.
One thing I stopped reading magazines because of all the bs they put in them.

One thing a 600-hp V10 for the LF-A would be really nice to see. It be an Aston Martin interior and exterior with a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 engine, for the price of a Porsche 997 Turbo, can not really go wrong with that.

Which would be some serious performance, plus it would for sure compete against a lot of higher end exotics.

Time will only tell.
Old 01-12-07, 08:00 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

i assume MT was talking about the lf-a? regardless, MT is far from official so i would disregard their comments. you probably know/could guess better than they can.

Quick Reply: 2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007