IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-07, 12:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Video review by Autobytel.com. It features the IS-F in motion during the photo session for the press photos and upcoming commercial.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/res...s/MODEL_VCH/IS
Old 01-31-07, 01:25 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just read that they are limiting the amount of IS-F being sold in the States
Old 02-01-07, 01:46 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JessePS
i just read that they are limiting the amount of IS-F being sold in the States
That sounds like manufacturer propaganda to me. The S2000 was supposed to be a limited edition model, but you can still walk into a dealer to get one.

For instance AMG and M cars aren't limited production, but many are produced on a by-order basis. The ones you see on dealer lots are mostly either pre-owned or cancelled orders.

Furthermore, with Toyota's production capacity they shouldn't have any problem meeting customer orders. I'm sure demand will exceed supply initially, but as demand fades to normality you shouldn't need to pay over MSRP for one.
Old 02-24-07, 06:54 PM
GlockMan9c
Rookie

Does anyone know when the IS-F will really be available for purchase ?

Any news on the GS-F ?

Thanks.
Old 02-27-07, 02:32 AM
gs600
Driver School Candidate

Default weight?

I have searched all the pages here in this forum, but I cant find out how much the IS-F weights. That is the main key how it will perform and handle.
Old 02-27-07, 02:43 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gs600
I have searched all the pages here in this forum, but I cant find out how much the IS-F weights. That is the main key how it will perform and handle.
Hasn't been officially announced yet. When I was in Detroit for the world premier, the Lexus people didn't know either.
Old 02-27-07, 07:26 AM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

My guess is 500 lbs to 1000 lbs more than the IS-350...
Old 02-27-07, 07:51 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

It hasn't been released yet, but will be later this year. The car is still going through various EPA and benchmark testing.
Old 02-27-07, 07:53 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

I don't think this detail has been finalized yet.

Originally Posted by ZD-Lexus
My guess is 500 lbs to 1000 lbs more than the IS-350...
LOL.

So you guess it will weigh between 4100 and 4600 lbs??? That is LS weight category. They might as well cancel the whole "F" program for the IS model if that is the case!!!!

I doubt that very very much. LOL
Old 02-27-07, 02:26 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hameed
I don't think this detail has been finalized yet.

LOL.

So you guess it will weigh between 4100 and 4600 lbs??? That is LS weight category. They might as well cancel the whole "F" program for the IS model if that is the case!!!!

I doubt that very very much. LOL

agreed 100%
Old 03-17-07, 04:58 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

A few pics I found...

Old 03-31-07, 11:39 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked at many of the pictures and even some video of the car, and while I am very excited about it, I think I will probably still give a slight nod to the RS4. The thing that I appreciate about the Audi is that it looks fast and mean, but still classy and expensive. It's still an elegant car, but with a flair of aggression.

I really like Lexus' idea with the IS-F and i don't doubt that it's going to be a beast to drive, and I have been trying REALLY hard to like the exterior of the car but I can't seem to fall in love. I hate to say it, and many of you know how much I love Lexus, but the car truthfully looks ricey to me. The front bumper just reminds me of so many Civics that I have seen, and the side skirts/vents in the fenders are a little too over the top. I also can't force myself to like the wheels either...I just don't like them. I do love the rear end though. I wish the grille utilized a different looking plastic mesh, because that looks like every other Japanese sedan over the last five years.

All in all, it looks fast...bust "fast" as in tacky and after market tacked-on fast. The RS4 still looks stately and elegant...and fast.

All of that said, those who have seen the car in person on this board (ryan, others) have said that it looks good so I will reserve final judgment until I see it in person.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 03-31-07 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-31-07, 11:46 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I've looked at many of the pictures and even some video of the car, and while I am very excited about it, I think I will probably still give a slight nod to the RS4. The thing that I appreciate about the Audi is that it looks fast and mean, but still classy and expensive. It's still an elegant car, but with a flair of aggression.

I really like Lexus' idea with the IS-F and i don't doubt that it's going to be a beast to drive, and I have been trying REALLY hard to like the exterior of the car but I can't seem to fall in love. I hate to say it, and many of you know how much I love Lexus, but the car truthfully looks ricey to me. The front bumper just reminds me of so many Civics that I have seen, and the side skirts/vents in the fenders are a little too over the top. I also can't force myself to like the wheels either...I just don't like them. I do love the rear end though. I wish the grille utilized a different looking plastic mesh, because that looks like every other Japanese sedan over the last five years.

All in all, it looks fast...bust "fast" as in tacky and after market tacked-on fast. The RS4 still looks stately and elegant...and fast.

All of that said, those who have seen the car in person on this board (ryan, others) have said that it looks good so I will reserve final judgment until I see it in person.
Once you see it in person, your opinion will change. Trust me on that!
Old 03-31-07, 12:08 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even in some of the driving footage and stuff...the car looks really...busy. I like how subtle and restrained the RS4 is, personally.

I'll take your word for it though!
Old 03-31-07, 02:12 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Even in some of the driving footage and stuff...the car looks really...busy. I like how subtle and restrained the RS4 is, personally.

I'll take your word for it though!
I kinda agree with you. I like how RS4 looks much better than how IS-F looks.

Truthfully, I even like my stock IS350 looks better than IS-F. But then again, I could give a rat *** about how the exterior of the car looks as long as it has 5.0L V8 underneath it, and as long as it's not as ugly as Aztak.

Quick Reply: 2008 Lexus IS-F to Premiere at NAIAS on January 8, 2007