IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Only 1,000 produced...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 08:00 PM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by widlfiresd
It will be a cool car but let's face it, sales will be low.

Those that can afford it will want a larger car.

For the same price they can get a GS. Granted it won't handle like an IS, but the interior will wow people to buying the GS over an IS with no backseat.
Errrrrr, not if they are looking for more Motorsport or AMG type performance
Old 02-01-07, 08:05 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanDe680
Errrrrr, not if they are looking for more Motorsport or AMG type performance
I would think they would opt for an M3 or RS4 with a manual tranny in that case.

The IS-F will be unique in that I do not have a clue as to what kind of buyer would want one. I suspect when it comes down to it, with money in hand, $60k + would cause most folks to look at all the cars and then decide.

Last edited by widlfiresd; 02-01-07 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-01-07, 09:29 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I am not worry about it.

Because I am #1 on the wait list at steven creek Lexus.
Old 02-02-07, 08:35 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

I would think they would opt for an M3 or RS4 with a manual tranny in that case.

The IS-F will be unique in that I do not have a clue as to what kind of buyer would want one. I suspect when it comes down to it, with money in hand, $60k + would cause most folks to look at all the cars and then decide.
I am guessing that people interested in an IS-F, would be the typical Lexus customer that goes after Lexus because they know how it is regarded... They want the service and reliability of a Lexus, but also want the performance.

I really want Lexus to deliver on this, and come out strong.
Old 02-02-07, 08:37 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

I talked with my dealer too and they won't take anything on an IS-F yet, but will let me know when they have the know how to do so...
Old 02-02-07, 09:38 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
I am not worry about it.

Because I am #1 on the wait list at steven creek Lexus.
What kind of deposit do steven creek require?
Old 02-02-07, 09:46 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I can tell you, because I am IS-F's target buyer.

I specifically DO NOT want any European cars due to their very annoying reliability hassle.

I am driving a manual WRX STi now, the main reason I want the IS-F is for the auto tranny, I am tired of shifting.

Basically I want a sporty automatic STi with more luxury. The STi is small, so I don't mind the small size of the IS-F.

All current GS are not sporty enough. Ideally GS-F is the perfect car for me, but it won't be out for a while.

Now you understand who want one now? Basically all the EVO/STi driver who are getting older who want more comfort and is making more money now to afford a $60k car.
Old 02-02-07, 09:49 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I am guessing that people interested in an IS-F, would be the typical Lexus customer that goes after Lexus because they know how it is regarded... They want the service and reliability of a Lexus, but also want the performance.
100% correct. My families owned every single models of Lexus, I love everything Lexus deliver, just none of them are sporty enough for me until the F. The IS-F show up just in time.

Last edited by BNR34; 02-02-07 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-02-07, 09:50 AM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BNR34
I can tell you, because I am IS-F's target buyer.

I specifically DO NOT want any European cars due to their very annoying reliability hassle.

I am driving a manual WRX STi now, the main reason I want the IS-F is for the auto tranny, I am tired of shifting.

Basically I want a sporty automatic STi with more luxury. The STi is small, so I don't mind the small size of the IS-F.

All current GS are not sporty enough. Ideally GS-F is the perfect car for me, but it won't be out for a while.

Now you understand who want one now? Basically all the EVO/STi driver who are getting older who want more comfort and is making more money now to afford a $60k car.

I understand now. Just do not think there are many of you. Generally when people age, they gain weight, and they want room, a smoother ride as well as an auto tranny.
Old 02-02-07, 10:01 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

I understand now. Just do not think there are many of you. Generally when people age, they gain weight, and they want room, a smoother ride as well as an auto tranny.
Yes I want a bit more room, but the IS-F is fine until the GS-F comes out.

The IS-F will ride smoother then any EVO/STi

The IS-F is just like a AMG C55, the C55 is also a small compact sedan with a big V8. MB sell enough of those to keep it in production. I am sure there are enough people out there like me who want a Toyota made AMG C55 due to reliability issue.

The IS-F will sell fine, just like for 10 years, the Japanese don't think the EVO/STi will sell here, but their sales figure double their expectation. Now the Nissan GTR will be here next year.

Performance sells, period

Last edited by BNR34; 02-02-07 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-02-07, 11:33 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

And I think that's exactly their market.
Old 02-02-07, 12:39 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

What kind of deposit do steven creek require?
i sent u a pm.
Old 02-02-07, 01:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

And I think that's exactly their market.
Yes.

A lot of people kept saying with that kind of price tag, people will buy a M3, C55, S4/RS4 instead.

There are a lot of people in this world who are not blind by the badge/brand. I myself just want function, trouble free high performance. I have driven all generations M3s, C55, S4/RS4, none of them appeal to me more then the IS-F. And in my opinion, the brands Mercedes, BMW and Audi have no more status then Lexus, Acura, Infiniti. To me, status symbol are Ferrari, Aston Martin and Bentley. Since any high school kid making mininum wage can go out and buy a few years old used 325i, C240, A4 for less then $10k. When you see Pizza delivery signs on top of late model 3-series BMW, it kills all the image that brand has
Old 02-02-07, 01:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STIG
i sent u a pm.
PM replyed.

Thanks
Old 02-02-07, 01:10 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Yes.

A lot of people kept saying with that kind of price tag, people will buy a M3, C55, S4/RS4 instead.

There are a lot of people in this world who are not blind by the badge/brand. I myself just want function, trouble free high performance. I have driven all generations M3s, C55, S4/RS4, none of them appeal to me more then the IS-F. And in my opinion, the brands Mercedes, BMW and Audi have no more status then Lexus, Acura, Infiniti. To me, status symbol are Ferrari, Aston Martin and Bentley. Since any high school kid making mininum wage can go out and buy a few years old used 325i, C240, A4 for less then $10k. When you see Pizza delivery signs on top of late model 3-series BMW, it kills all the image that brand has

Have you seen this guy? LOL