IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model
View Poll Results: How many have placed a deposit on the IS-F
I already placed a deposit, and I am couting the days till they call me
17.86%
I am about to place a deposit, plenty of time before the car hits the showroom floor
10.71%
Still on the fence on this car
44.29%
I'd love to (I want to) but my significant other will tear me a new one if I did
27.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

How many have placed a deposit on an IS-F or thinking about it? (merged thread+ poll)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07 | 12:47 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ZD-Lexus
From what I heard, and I am sorry for not being able to find any reference, but some people estimate the GT-R to be upwards of $70K. I know it is too early to place an educated guess on the skyline but gosh that is pricey! At that range, and if I can afford it, I personally would consider the 08 M3. Still, more power to you if you can wait till 09 to pick up a skyline, M3's are all over the place, skylines are very rare in the US.
Me on the otherhand, I woke up twice so far, thinking I already bought the IS-F and that it was parked comfortably in my garage. lol ~I can't wait till this car makes it to the market...
You know, I am almost certain that GT R will stomp the E92 M3 (and IS-F) in every possible way and it's not going to be funny.

You are right. 70K is way outta my price range. I was just dreaming. haha. One can always dream right?
Old 02-14-07 | 05:39 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by junes IS
Well all iknow is that i just got back from the dealer and they told me that you cannot put a deposit down on the car because there is no sticker price yet. also the car is gonna go for under $50,000. For sure. we will know by april,may the price and avalibility.
time to find a new dealer
Old 02-14-07 | 08:25 AM
RyanDe680
Pole Position

Wow, this is great. I'm curious to see how many deposits people have put down in the US. I'm hoping that Lexus sees the demand for the IS-F is high...
Old 02-14-07 | 09:55 AM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

Originally Posted by RyanDe680
Wow, this is great. I'm curious to see how many deposits people have put down in the US. I'm hoping that Lexus sees the demand for the IS-F is high...
Time for another poll I think. This one shouldn't ask whether you want or don't want the car, but rather if you have deposited, about to deposite, or still on the fence... what do you think?
Old 02-14-07 | 10:10 AM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

Default How many have placed a deposit on an IS-F or thinking about it? (merged thread+ poll)

OK, this was inspired by RyanDe680, and I thought since I can barely hold my enthusiasm, I should have a poll to see how many people have already placed a deposit on the car or about to do so.
It's a long shot, but maybe someone from Lexus will take notice of our numbers and maybe increase the number of cars they intend to ship to the US. I can dream can't I? lol

I have placed a deposit, and I am number 4 on the waiting list...
Old 02-14-07 | 10:33 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

me me me!!!!!

If it confirm that they will only make 1000 units ? I thought it was a rumor? no?
Old 02-14-07 | 10:37 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

We Need To Relax!..*
Old 02-14-07 | 10:43 AM
ZD-Lexus
Driver

Originally Posted by STIG
me me me!!!!!

If it confirm that they will only make 1000 units ? I thought it was a rumor? no?
No formal announcements from Lexus as far as I can tell, but I recall reading it on Autoblog.com, and these guys are fairly reliable with their sources. Still on the one hand, if I am able to get my mitts on this car and only 1000 are made for the US market then it is one more thing to boast about, on the other hand it can become tricky especially with availability and demand may drive the price up (and by that I don't mean the dealers, as it has been stated numerously that dealers cannot markup the price beyond the MSRP, I am referring to private sellers). Similar to what takes place whenever a new video game console that is limited in numbers hits the market. A lot of 'entrepreneurs' will purchase the car just to make a few more $$ above sticker from people who will pay through the nose to get their hands on one. I hope that doesn't happen to my beloved IS-F.
Old 02-14-07 | 11:00 AM
junes IS
Pole Position

for me its between the is-f or the bmw 335.
Old 02-14-07 | 11:03 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Default I'm sitting on the fence...

Couple of thing I need before I get it: price, "feel," and functionality.

My IS was a great price, felt great, and is functional for me.

The IS-F needs to be priced well, comfortable + sporty, and still provide me with enough functionality such as reliability, gas mileage, and affordable insurance coverage, before I decide to buy it...
Old 02-14-07 | 12:28 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

thats quite a large price gap.

isn't it?
Old 02-14-07 | 12:41 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZD-Lexus
No formal announcements from Lexus as far as I can tell, but I recall reading it on Autoblog.com, and these guys are fairly reliable with their sources. Still on the one hand, if I am able to get my mitts on this car and only 1000 are made for the US market then it is one more thing to boast about, on the other hand it can become tricky especially with availability and demand may drive the price up (and by that I don't mean the dealers, as it has been stated numerously that dealers cannot markup the price beyond the MSRP, I am referring to private sellers). Similar to what takes place whenever a new video game console that is limited in numbers hits the market. A lot of 'entrepreneurs' will purchase the car just to make a few more $$ above sticker from people who will pay through the nose to get their hands on one. I hope that doesn't happen to my beloved IS-F.
Again, I caution a lot of people from buying into this manufacturer propaganda. You mean, a company with the capacity of Toyota will only churn out 1000 cars if it's profitable? That sounds like Marketing exec talk to me. I can understand if it's a low volume model like the LF-A, but not a 60K high performance sedan. I'm sure BMW and MB make more than 1000 M5s and E63s a year.

Remember the same sources also said Honda would only produce S2000 for one year? Whoops.

Last edited by ultraseven; 02-14-07 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-14-07 | 12:43 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

That really isn't a fair comparison.

A 335i can be easily chipped to go uber fast, however.
Old 02-14-07 | 12:58 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Civic Si-r
The GT-R has landed in SoCal. what a beauty of a car. Just love to hear those turbos spooling up!!!!!!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*
Thanks for the link!

I believe it's safe to say the GT-R is gunning for performance on par with the 911 turbo. It has been discussed for sometime, and testing the car with in fact, a 997 turbo makes this case very likely.

If so, it is a step above the M3, S4, and Cxx AMG in terms of performance.

For 70K however, I would like to see a turbocharged V8. The only company that can get away with this is none other than Porsche .
Old 02-14-07 | 01:03 PM
ultraseven
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
the current is350 is doin 4.9 seconds... so isf will definitely be faster
That number is assuming a perfect launch in the most ideal conditions. I believe MT got it recently, but the cars they were comparing against also got lower than usual 0-60 times. That was also coincidentally the best time for the 350.

The IS350 is a low 5 sec car, still nothing to laugh at.

Quick Reply: How many have placed a deposit on an IS-F or thinking about it? (merged thread+ poll)