IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus Says...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07, 03:08 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Says...

So lexus says that the all new is-f will not compete with the new e92 m3 but rather an rs4. Why does lexus state this? Is anyone curious to why this has been floating around? Whell i can give you my guess and like everything else in the world its has to do with money. Just like the real hp numbers and torque and 0-60 times which havent been released they will not make promises to potential buyers. For more then one reason! The main reason being what if infact they do promise a competition and the is-f gets demolished in all aspects lexus looks like idiots. Now the other reason is totally opposite. What if the is-f comes out of the box and crushes the new e92 m3. Now dont flame me for this but hey you never know. Both cars have not even been driven yet! Now what better marketing do u have for a sport line luxury car then numbers. Every commercial imagine an is-f next to a e92 and the way lexus markets u will know what the commercials main message is. If infact the is-f does beat the new m3 then i think lexus will make it clear that they are in competion with the m3. So all in all lexus is just smart and wants to cover there butt either way. Please add to anything i stated. Thank you for reading
Old 06-13-07, 07:32 AM
yellowblur
Driver School Candidate

Maybe the marketing angle is as simple as sedan vs sedan (IS-F vs RS4). Similarly, the IS500 coupe will be marketed against the E92 M3 and the Audi RS5. Its seems odd, but I guess it makes sense. Once people have decided they're looking for a car, they've made up their mind if its gotta have 2 doors or 4 and they like comparisons to be apples to apples.
Old 06-13-07, 11:31 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yep - what he said. they're going for a sedan versus sedan here......and a coupe versus coupe later.
Old 06-13-07, 12:51 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There will be an M3 sedan, so...game on!
Old 06-13-07, 01:41 PM
yellowblur
Driver School Candidate

For all the car magazine writers and test drivers out there (R&T, Car & Driver, Edmunds) 2008 is going to be a fun year with all these great cars coming out. Wish I could get paid to drive and compare cars...
Old 06-13-07, 09:50 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

So you think the price will be similar to the RS4 of $70k?
Old 06-14-07, 08:22 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
So lexus says that the all new is-f will not compete with the new e92 m3 but rather an rs4. Why does lexus state this? Is anyone curious to why this has been floating around? Whell i can give you my guess and like everything else in the world its has to do with money. Just like the real hp numbers and torque and 0-60 times which havent been released they will not make promises to potential buyers. For more then one reason! The main reason being what if infact they do promise a competition and the is-f gets demolished in all aspects lexus looks like idiots. Now the other reason is totally opposite. What if the is-f comes out of the box and crushes the new e92 m3. Now dont flame me for this but hey you never know. Both cars have not even been driven yet! Now what better marketing do u have for a sport line luxury car then numbers. Every commercial imagine an is-f next to a e92 and the way lexus markets u will know what the commercials main message is. If infact the is-f does beat the new m3 then i think lexus will make it clear that they are in competion with the m3. So all in all lexus is just smart and wants to cover there butt either way. Please add to anything i stated. Thank you for reading
Where did you see that lexus "says" this?

Thanks,

comb
Old 06-14-07, 11:43 AM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

the Lexus will be the cheapest...if they follow with lexus tradition. And if they do follow with tradition...its not going to be that great in the performance category, although we dont know cause the F badge may change all that.
Old 06-14-07, 12:53 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by combfilter
Where did you see that lexus "says" this?

Thanks,

comb
Let me do my research and see if i can find where i read this again because i am 100% that a lexus rep or a lexus press release or something to that effect stated we are not competing with bmws m3. If anyone can duplicate please post if not no problem.
Old 06-14-07, 12:56 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
There will be an M3 sedan, so...game on!
Thats what baffles me lOl. Not sure but does anyone know if the sedan will be released with the coupe or how long after?
Old 06-14-07, 01:09 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Let me do my research and see if i can find where i read this again because i am 100% that a lexus rep or a lexus press release or something to that effect stated we are not competing with bmws m3. If anyone can duplicate please post if not no problem.
Please do, thanks

Last edited by combfilter; 06-14-07 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-14-07, 01:16 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Bob Carter's words were actually this ""The intent of creating the IS-F was not to be a competitor to other performance-sport sedans," said Carter. "Rather, the goal was to create a true performance sedan in a uniquely Lexus way-one that is totally authentic with a unique interpretation of raw driving thrill at all speeds and provides a whole new definition of 'usable power.'""

You can read it here https://www.clublexus.com/index.php?...452&Itemid=171
Old 06-14-07, 01:24 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

LOl thxs to above poster you beat me too it.

"The intent of creating the IS-F was not to be a competitor to other performance-sport sedans," said Carter. "Rather, the goal was to create a true performance sedan in a uniquely Lexus way-one that is totally authentic with a unique interpretation of raw driving thrill at all speeds and provides a whole new definition of 'usable power.'

Now, Comb dont get me wrong every mag and site will cross test them. But if lexus` performer loses they have not made false claims of vctory. Bob Carter himself said these word just incase that happens. If the lexus goes on to be the better machine they can always market it then after the factual evidence. This is my theory anyways.

Last edited by BaLLzZz; 06-14-07 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-14-07, 04:01 PM
RXSF

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

LOL where does it say anything about the audi or the bmw
Old 06-14-07, 04:06 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RXSF
LOL where does it say anything about the audi or the bmw
I also read somewhere else the direct competition was the audi if you would like me to dig for that also i will.

Quick Reply: Lexus Says...