IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Steering/Handling of the IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-07, 09:30 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

I don't think Toyota/Lexus engineers are working this hard to make a performance car with no unique characteristics. My direct contacts at Lexus have already driven the black test mule around and they are hardcore car guys. They did confirm the feel of this car is like no other (in the Toyota family). We will have to wait and see.
Old 07-04-07, 10:42 AM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
I don't think Toyota/Lexus engineers are working this hard to make a performance car with no unique characteristics. My direct contacts at Lexus have already driven the black test mule around and they are hardcore car guys. They did confirm the feel of this car is like no other (in the Toyota family). We will have to wait and see.
Hopefully you are right for all of our sake and the company Lol...
Old 07-04-07, 12:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Hopefully you are right for all of our sake and the company Lol...
No kidding. We'll find out more in the next coming weeks.
Old 07-04-07, 01:30 PM
Manoj
Driver

They did confirm the feel of this car is like no other (in the Toyota family).
I wish they said "It was the best car they have driven" then it would have been a different story...... LoL!
Old 07-04-07, 08:11 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I agree. Considering the fact that the entire Lexus "F" sub-brand is being developed closely with Toyota's motorsports activities, I think we will see something special from the IS-F.
Old 07-04-07, 08:37 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

I think I remember they said the same thing about the IS350 too before it's available for sale ? While it's true, but the question still remains for the IS-F, whether it's good enough compared to the intended competitors.
Originally Posted by Manoj
I wish they said "It was the best car they have driven" then it would have been a different story...... LoL!
+1
Old 07-05-07, 06:20 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

if its better than the Supra then thats a start.
Old 07-07-07, 09:05 AM
LexFather

Well looking at the majority of the new M3 reviews, the IS-F has a chance to be a serious contender.
Old 07-10-07, 12:26 PM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have to agrre with flipside
in the press conference they said that they could have just stuck the v8 and make a is500 but that they dicided that that has not the way to make a car like this, and thous a hole new concept IS-F new engine, new suspension, new wheel and tires, new transmission new look ect. everything is new in this car and i believe that it will performs to spec...
Old 07-11-07, 12:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by MR_F1
if its better than the Supra then thats a start.
It's already better than the MKIV Supra. It's a practical powerhouse with N/A power, stock Brembo brakes, stock BBS forged 19" Wheels and etc. Plus it is already boasting a sub 4.9 0-60 more than 400 HP on an 8 speed automatic. Out of the box, that alone is more than a stock MKIV Supra Getrag 6MT with only 320HP.
Old 07-11-07, 11:07 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

It's already better than the MKIV Supra. It's a practical powerhouse with N/A power, stock Brembo brakes, stock BBS forged 19" Wheels and etc. Plus it is already boasting a sub 4.9 0-60 more than 400 HP on an 8 speed automatic. Out of the box, that alone is more than a stock MKIV Supra Getrag 6MT with only 320HP.

I only meant in regard to sterring response and sterring feel.

The specs are obviously better than the MKIV on paper. How is the weight?
Old 07-11-07, 02:19 PM
Revman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I agree. Considering the fact that the entire Lexus "F" sub-brand is being developed closely with Toyota's motorsports activities, I think we will see something special from the IS-F.
I desperately wanted the "F" to be tied into Toyota Motorsports. Having said that, this is a complicated wish. How is the "F" tied into the motorsports activities? Are we talking about a connection with F1 as the LF-A is rumored to be influenced? Are we talking about a connection with TRD? We know that Honda and Ferrari have historically trained engineers to switch between the road car and race car programs. Are we talking about the same type of philosophy here? Again, TRDFantasy, I'm not trying to flame or be a jerk, but can we truly look forward to racing influences with the IS-F, or are we saying that because this is a high performance vehicle, common sense would dictate that there must be some isort of influence?

Revman
Old 07-11-07, 09:06 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Revman
I desperately wanted the "F" to be tied into Toyota Motorsports. Having said that, this is a complicated wish. How is the "F" tied into the motorsports activities? Are we talking about a connection with F1 as the LF-A is rumored to be influenced? Are we talking about a connection with TRD? We know that Honda and Ferrari have historically trained engineers to switch between the road car and race car programs. Are we talking about the same type of philosophy here? Again, TRDFantasy, I'm not trying to flame or be a jerk, but can we truly look forward to racing influences with the IS-F, or are we saying that because this is a high performance vehicle, common sense would dictate that there must be some isort of influence?

Revman
By Toyota's own admittal, the Lexus "F-Sports" program is directly tied to Toyota Motorsport activities. Toyota's Motorsport activities include all TRD work and F1 of course. Toyota has mentioned that a large chunk of the IS-F's testing and development was done at the Fuji Speedway in Japan. Just like Honda has Suzuka to test and develop cars, Toyota since 2005 has had Fuji Speedway. Toyota's Higashi Fuji Technical Center is located close to the Fuji Speedway. At Higashi, advanced vehicle R & D goes on, as well as motorsport R & D. Toyota does a lot of F1 R & D at Higashi. And as the LF-A is rumoured to be the next "F" model to go into production, it's only natural that it's tied with the IS-F somehow in terms of research or development. LF-A prototypes have also been spotted being tested at Fuji Speedway, and Toyota may have even tested the IS-F and LF-A on-track together.
Old 07-11-07, 11:15 PM
Revman
Driver School Candidate

TRDFantasy,

Exceptional response. Thank you.

Revman