IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 06:54 PM
is-fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the quarter mile, a half second is BIG. It's not half a car length. It's about FIVE car lengths.

110 mi/hr * 5280 ft/mi = 580800 ft/hr

580800 ft/hr
------------ = 9680 ft/min
60 min/hr

9680 ft/min
----------- = 161 ft/sec
60 sec/min

So according to my calculations, at a trap speed of 110 mph (very conservative), 80 feet would be covered in a half second.

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
Same thought in my head. I say the average 350 to 60 will do it in 5.1 and the average f will do it in 4.6 so in the quarter thats half a car length

Last edited by is-fan; 07-23-07 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-23-07, 07:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Sure, but the rule of thumb is one car length for each tenth of a second. Half a second is FIVE car lengths. I don't know about you, but to me, that's a LOT.
Old 07-23-07, 08:07 PM
GSdriven
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yes, but

Five car lengths in a quarter mile but if you are seeing the other cars tail lights you are behind and you are loosing but those silly red light drag racing that I occasionaly find my self in is won and lost at the start. I used to own an 98 M3 great handling car but 240 horses cannot normally match a v8 but I did beat an ss camero through some turns. He was braking while I was speeding up. I would buy an F if I start hearing the BMW crowd start crying and I might since I am still a club member.
BMW are like mistresses, Lexus are like trophy wifes.
Old 07-23-07, 11:14 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSdriven
Five car lengths in a quarter mile but if you are seeing the other cars tail lights you are behind and you are loosing but those silly red light drag racing that I occasionaly find my self in is won and lost at the start. I used to own an 98 M3 great handling car but 240 horses cannot normally match a v8 but I did beat an ss camero through some turns. He was braking while I was speeding up. I would buy an F if I start hearing the BMW crowd start crying and I might since I am still a club member.
BMW are like mistresses, Lexus are like trophy wifes.
mistresses are usually sexier, better in the sack, and way more fun
Old 07-24-07, 01:15 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by linh811
mistresses are usually sexier, better in the sack, and way more fun
Mistresses are sometimes sexier, not necessarily better looking or more fun and are usually a pain in the **** and a stress on the wallet.
Old 08-02-07, 12:11 AM
asianfob
Rookie

I think its going to be upwards of 60k (65k moderately equiped)... I mean a Well equiped IS350 already costs 45k if its 50k i don't see a point in having an IS350....
Old 08-02-07, 12:16 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

I have a feeling since this is a Lexus first, to have a F edition of any certain model. I am expecting to see a very overpriced car. I would say expect to see MSRP starting at 60-65k and well equipped out the door with mark ups and what not around 70k. Just my 2 cents
Old 08-02-07, 12:32 AM
asianfob
Rookie

ya, supply and demand.... I bet alot of people are waiting to get their hands on one of these and there simply will not be enough = high mark up and some people will be willing to pay that much
Old 08-02-07, 06:22 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Here's my cynical view. Since they can hold off on pricing until much closer to launch I expect them to price the car, at least in part, based on reviews. Unbelievable reviews and I expect a higher price, still competitive but higher. Bad or average reviews and I expect a lower price such as we've been discussing.
Old 08-02-07, 06:13 PM
is-fan
Driver

If they price it that high, Lexus will be making a big mistake, IMO. I hope I'm right about this because it would be a real shame to have Lexus overprice a car just because it is something new. Many enthusiasts will be outraged if they price it as you describe. Plus, at that kind of price, there are considerably more options available (e.g., M-B C63 AMG, Audi RS4, etc.). I'm pretty sure Lexus will want to undercut the competition, simply because this is their first entry in this market segment.

As for the mark ups, I've already spoke to two local Lexus dealers and both of them told me the same thing. If I order from them, they will sell at MSRP with no mark ups and no rediculously priced lame add-ons such as the $1000 pin stripes or the $800 clear bra that some dealers use to jack up the price.

BTW, if anyone ever orders a car, be sure to get the price agreement in writing or they may try to take advantage of you with the pricing.

Edmunds is a pretty reliable source of information, and here is their take on it:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=119151

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Originally Posted by 00es300
I have a feeling since this is a Lexus first, to have a F edition of any certain model. I am expecting to see a very overpriced car. I would say expect to see MSRP starting at 60-65k and well equipped out the door with mark ups and what not around 70k. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by is-fan; 08-09-07 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-03-07, 04:33 AM
ISF
Driver School Candidate

What's up everybody! I don't post that often as you can see but I do read these threads everyday so I thought I would chime in with some info that was given to me from one of the Lexus car salesmen at Lexus Santa Monica....here in LA. Well, early this year I was put on the waiting list for the IS F and at that time was told that I would be updated throughout the year until its close to the launching date for the IS F. Yesterday I received my first update on the IS F. From what I was told Lexus will only be producing 260 cars total! Yes! 260 that's equal to 1 IS F per dealership according to the Salesmen at Lexus. As far as the launch date it's slated for January 2008. That was all that he had to share for now....no pricing or anything else was provided and my gut feeling is that Lexus will more than likely mark up the prices on the IS F due to the low production and high demand. Right now there's a long waiting list for the Santa Monica dealership and I'm #1 on the list (So I was told). However, if the IS F is anywhere north of 60k then I will not be getting one. I already have a fully loaded IS 350 and that bad boy cost me 45k so no way would I be willing to fork up 65-70k+ just for more ponies.....anyway I thought I would share.
Old 08-03-07, 12:58 PM
ItsSoFire
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISF
What's up everybody! I don't post that often as you can see but I do read these threads everyday so I thought I would chime in with some info that was given to me from one of the Lexus car salesmen at Lexus Santa Monica....here in LA. Well, early this year I was put on the waiting list for the IS F and at that time was told that I would be updated throughout the year until its close to the launching date for the IS F. Yesterday I received my first update on the IS F. From what I was told Lexus will only be producing 260 cars total! Yes! 260 that's equal to 1 IS F per dealership according to the Salesmen at Lexus. As far as the launch date it's slated for January 2008. That was all that he had to share for now....no pricing or anything else was provided and my gut feeling is that Lexus will more than likely mark up the prices on the IS F due to the low production and high demand. Right now there's a long waiting list for the Santa Monica dealership and I'm #1 on the list (So I was told). However, if the IS F is anywhere north of 60k then I will not be getting one. I already have a fully loaded IS 350 and that bad boy cost me 45k so no way would I be willing to fork up 65-70k+ just for more ponies.....anyway I thought I would share.
260? that cant b tru... i thought it was stupid for them to only b producing 1000 and now a salesman says 260 that cant b tru ... at least i hope it isnt
and if it is tru lexus is definitly gonna rape anybody who tries to get one... and wit the small amount i wudnt b surprised if the charge upward of 70k for the beast...
Old 08-03-07, 01:06 PM
Manoj
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF
Yes! 260 that's equal to 1 IS F per dealership according to the Salesmen at Lexus.
Whatever be the case, I will call my dealer to see where I stand on the waiting list - 1st or 2nd.... LoL!
Old 08-03-07, 05:54 PM
is-fan
Driver

Thanks for your post and for sharing your experiences. It's great to hear from someone who is just normally lurking around It's also always good to hear from people who have already placed an order.

I don't think that the 260 production limit for the IS-F is true. That dealer may just be trying to make you feel better about being on the list. It just doesn't make any business sense for Lexus to go through all the R&D and testing to bring a car like this to production and then turn around and smack the consumer in the face that may be interested in getting one. I for one, will not even consider getting one if they limit production to one per dealership. I will be getting the Mercedes C63 AMG or something else instead if Lexus does this.

I also think that a fully loaded IS-F will be very close to $60K fully loaded, with a base model at least $5K less than that, but probably not less than $50K.

Originally Posted by ISF
Old 08-03-07, 06:30 PM
asianfob
Rookie

The 2008 bmw m3 base will be around $62k (probably around 70k loaded)....So It should be around that range...

Quick Reply: IS-F Pricing?