IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Just got a ride in the IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-07, 11:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoj
I am not too sure .... Is this the matador red itself! From the picture below its looks very simlar to Matador red...
Yes the 3 cars there were Ultrasonic Blue, Starfire Pearl and Matador Red. Once again, the only exclusive color to the IS-F is Ultrasonic Blue. Everything else is standard IS issue. The only other IS-F colors that were not available were Obsidian, Smoky Granite and Tungsten Pearl. Those will be coming in the next few weeks from Japan.
Old 08-16-07, 11:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
So just to confirm for those who were there, were these actual production IS-F units? If so, how can that be if the car's release is still months away? Or were they simply pre-production test units?
These are pre production models, but close to actual production models. These cars were air shipped from Japan this past Monday. Then they were shipped to Monterey and were freshly broken in the night before (Tuesday) the event.
Old 08-16-07, 11:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by aco
flipside909,

How was the headroom with a helmet on and the sunroof? Were the seat bolsters enough to keep you planted?
It was pretty tight with the moonroof. Seat bolsters did their job. I will elaborate on it more with my riding and driving experience of the IS-F soon.
Old 08-16-07, 11:52 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
These are pre production models, but close to actual production models. These cars were air shipped from Japan this past Monday. Then they were shipped to Monterey and were freshly broken in the night before (Tuesday) the event.
Thanks for the clarification .
Old 08-16-07, 11:54 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

broken in in 1 night? maybe that caused the smokin' brakes Velvet was talking about
Old 08-16-07, 01:09 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

I will elaborate on it more with my riding and driving experience of the IS-F soon.
I knew you'd get to drive it!
Old 08-16-07, 01:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by aco
flipside909,

How was the headroom with a helmet on and the sunroof? Were the seat bolsters enough to keep you planted?

with helmet on? your head is not going ANYWHERE inside the car my head kept on banging left and right, lol

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
So just to confirm for those who were there, were these actual production IS-F units? If so, how can that be if the car's release is still months away? Or were they simply pre-production test units?
it's 99% done, not 100%, probably some more refinement. that's why the car won't hit the market till march time frame
Old 08-16-07, 01:48 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
correct. of all the cars there yesterday, i believe the ls600hl was the "slowest", and i was able to hit 100mph at the end of the stretch. is-f? man, i wonder if we did 110 or even 120
Yes, we got above triple digits on the straight! He was doing 110 or so, but he eased off early.
Old 08-16-07, 02:02 PM
GGP4me
Driver

correct. of all the cars there yesterday, i believe the ls600hl was the "slowest", and i was able to hit 100mph at the end of the stretch. is-f? man, i wonder if we did 110 or even 120
I was the passenger behind Rominl's driven LS600hl and we couldn't see any trace of your car... You blew us away But my "driver" did have wide-open space in front of him

I did see Glen "driftin' thru the corners in that same 600hl
Old 08-16-07, 02:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GGP4me
I was the passenger behind Rominl's driven LS600hl and we couldn't see any trace of your car... You blew us away But my "driver" did have wide-open space in front of him

lol yeah it was so much fun, when i started the drive (coz' the driver in front had no idea how to start a car.....) i had so much space in front of me, i just completely gunned it. it was a complete chase so i was able to tear through all the corners hard. glen (my instructor, hehe) was jealous i remember when i came back to the pit, that's the time i started see my trail car
Old 08-16-07, 02:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,963 Likes on 2,400 Posts

...Then they were shipped to Monterey and were freshly broken in the night before (Tuesday) the event.
Doesn't sound like they did the "take it easy for 600 miles" method...
Old 08-16-07, 02:29 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol yeah it was so much fun, when i started the drive (coz' the driver in front had no idea how to start a car.....) i had so much space in front of me, i just completely gunned it. it was a complete chase so i was able to tear through all the corners hard. glen (my instructor, hehe) was jealous i remember when i came back to the pit, that's the time i started see my trail car
Originally Posted by GGP4me

HAHA

After going to Laguna Seca for 20+ years, and a bit of practice on GT3, it was a joy to pitch an LS600HL through the turns. I am extreemly impressed at how well the car behaved. Being such a long and heavy vehicle, it behaved like a much lighter and shorter car. I have driven / drifted many luxury sized cars in my time, and none of them came close the control and stability of the LS600. It was simply amazing to push thie car hard on a race track.

Too bad there were sloooow IS350 and GS430H drivers in front of me. Funny thing is I would put-put-put down the straightaways to get some space, and still catch up to them as I exited the turns.

So James were you behind me when I was driving? I would of loved to see a video of my run. I was trying to use all the track and hit the apex and drift out to the outside berms on each turn.

Haven't had this much fun since I went to the Lexus Performance Driving School a couple of years back.
Old 08-16-07, 03:23 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Yeah, someone please give me a good excuse why I wasn't there.

I am losing faith with this club!
Old 08-16-07, 04:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Doesn't sound like they did the "take it easy for 600 miles" method...
Yep...talk about endurance run. The Michelin Pilot Sport tires on both the Matador and Ultrasonic were done by our 1pm deadline at the track. The odo's just had about 200 hard miles recorded.
Old 08-16-07, 04:47 PM
Manoj
Driver

To Lucky IS-F riders :

1st Q :

What is your thought on its Ride quality ? Is it good enough for a Daily driver ? Or did Lexus made the suspension stiff enough for a Race-track performance ?

2nd Q :

Is there any advantage of getting a ML system? Or Lexus V8 sound system is going to Overirde the ML system easily....

Quick Reply: Just got a ride in the IS-F