IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

it's official!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-07, 09:49 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking it's official!!

My sales manager was on a lexus confrence call yesterday and the official hp is...415!!!

base price is @ $55,500 but for several months they are going to be built close to $59,000

Big dealerships like mine are prob gonna get @ 2/month..smaller ones 1 if any..(Eastern region)
Old 08-18-07, 11:13 AM
xxlbeerZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that's true, I'll be going with the M3.
Old 08-18-07, 12:49 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry, your sales manager is wrong or was simply given false information .

People here at CL with direct sources at Lexus have already proven that the 415HP number some sales managers keep hearing about is false. The car will have more HP than that .
Old 08-18-07, 08:56 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Nice, 55k for 415 horsepower which has 1 more horsepower than the M3 which starts at 60k, HAHA ITS A STEAL!
Old 08-18-07, 11:02 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS350owner
Nice, 55k for 415 horsepower which has 1 more horsepower than the M3 which starts at 60k, HAHA ITS A STEAL!
Plus over 50 pounds more of torque!
Old 08-19-07, 10:53 AM
Mike05
Driver School Candidate

But remember, BMW has a history of understating their true performance numbers...so im gonna wait till they do some comparsion test before I make any conclusions.
Old 08-19-07, 10:55 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Sorry, your sales manager is wrong or was simply given false information .

People here at CL with direct sources at Lexus have already proven that the 415HP number some sales managers keep hearing about is false. The car will have more HP than that .

back that up with something...the people who LEXUS sends the cars to ARE the "direct sources"
Old 08-19-07, 11:01 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

I am sorry but your sale manage is wrong. He is just telling you what he thinks.

I went to the Lexus performance test driving event in Leguna Seca, and there was Lexus IS-F marketing representative, and we were all told, pricing won't be announced until 2 weeks before the car is released.

The official HP rating won't be final until EPA do the MPG testing, which won't happen until next 2 months.

Moreover, the press won't even get to test drive until for another 2 months.

And, I was told that it will be class leading horse power (more than new M3, and RS4, but not C63)
Old 08-19-07, 11:27 AM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

There is nothing official about a dealer telling you anything... Unless we see a press release from Lexus themselves, it is NOT official.
Old 08-19-07, 11:53 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by STIG
I am sorry but your sale manage is wrong. He is just telling you what he thinks.

I went to the Lexus performance test driving event in Leguna Seca, and there was Lexus IS-F marketing representative, and we were all told, pricing won't be announced until 2 weeks before the car is released.

The official HP rating won't be final until EPA do the MPG testing, which won't happen until next 2 months.

Moreover, the press won't even get to test drive until for another 2 months.

And, I was told that it will be class leading horse power (more than new M3, and RS4, but not C63)
ok ..I understand what you are sayin but we talk to marketing reps, area reps ect, all the time ...they do have alot of good info.. in this case the person was prob talking about the date the info is released to the public..
I have pricing sheets str8 from lexus, so i'm 100% confident`about the pricing and 99% sure abt the hp
...im having flashbacks of this kind of discussionwhen the IS came out
Old 08-19-07, 11:58 AM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ramon
There is nothing official about a dealer telling you anything... Unless we see a press release from Lexus themselves, it is NOT official.
where do you think the release goes before it hits the "press"
dealerships dont look in the paper to find out info about their cars
Old 08-19-07, 12:27 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Dude, you can believe what you want, it doens't really matter. The fact is that it is NOT official... Even if it MAY be accurate, it is still not official. There needs to be a public statement by Lexus before anything can be official. What you are posting is not a public release and it is not by lexus. Very similar to months back when everyone kept posting "it's official, there will be a V8 IS" no, it wasn't official, and it stayed UNofficial until Lexus came out and said "yes, there will be a V8 IS, and it will be called the IS-F"
Old 08-19-07, 03:13 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by waynetech2
back that up with something...the people who LEXUS sends the cars to ARE the "direct sources"
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=298463&page=2

Look at post #30 by Flipside909. He has very reliable and very real sources inside Lexus. I won't speak for him, but I trust him and his sources before trusting some sales manager at a dealership.

Also, if you read some of the other posts in the IS-F forum discussing the technical aspects of the IS-F's engine, then 415HP just doesn't make sense.
Old 08-19-07, 05:16 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

ok ..I understand what you are sayin but we talk to marketing reps, area reps ect, all the time ...they do have alot of good info.. in this case the person was prob talking about the date the info is released to the public..
I have pricing sheets str8 from lexus, so i'm 100% confident`about the pricing and 99% sure abt the hp
...im having flashbacks of this kind of discussionwhen the IS came out
I would be interested to see the pricing sheet. Not that I don't trust you or anything, I am curious to see the pricing info as well. Please post it up if you don't mind sharing with the rest of the club.

Thanks
Old 08-19-07, 05:29 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

where do you think the release goes before it hits the "press"
dealerships dont look in the paper to find out info about their cars
I agree. Lexus corporate always tells the dealerships first before they tell anyone else so that everyone's on the same page.
However, since this was a conference call and not an actual dealer meeting (where better info is given out to GM's), perhaps you can be so kind as to go back to your boss and confirm the hp and msrp because I remember before the 2IS came out they said it was going to be at least 300 hp right up until the car was released and it is 306. Specific wording is pretty important when you are dealing with all the rabid IS-F fanatics out here.

Quick Reply: it's official!!