WOW! IS-F Dyno test

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-07, 10:37 PM
MI6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW! IS-F Dyno test

This car's got *****!..........

At Taste of Lexus they had a white one on the dyno and I couldn't resist...........

Impressions:

1. This thing is a BEAST! I would say it has at least 450HP, possibly more.

2. Not the best looking car but....the front is not as bad looking in person.

3. The sound is very menacing- not very traditional V8 sounding, more like a higher pitched growl......

Overall it is a winner- it really is a Wolf in Sheep's clothing. Where else can you get such a luxo interior with a such a freakin' powerful motor?

I'll take Black, debadge it (the "F" badges are a bit much) and an all black interior.....

Now the only question- how much for MSRP and I'm wondering how high they'll jack the lease payment on this......?

Last edited by MI6; 08-25-07 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-25-07, 10:50 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 354 Likes on 207 Posts

What kind of dyno.
Also, what gear was the dyno done in?
450hp on the dyno? Or are you saying 450 is hp without loss?
Do you have a copy of the dyno sheet? I want to see the torque curve.
I like ugly. Does the car look aggressive as hell? How does it compare in tame-ness to E46 M3, E90 M3 (if you've seen the pictures from CAR and Top Gear) as well as the W204 C63 (I believe the W203 C32 and C55 are too bland).

Is the exhaust tinny (crap) sounding like the E46 M3's? Does it have an AMG V8 rumble? Trying to place this using relativity.
Old 08-25-07, 11:06 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

I took a few novice vids and pics of it. We were not allowed to see the computer for numbers as i had thought we would. Wait for the green light and floor it through the first 4 or 5 gears. Then the guy tells you to let go. He then downshifts once so that you can experience the throttle blip. And the car coasts all the way till finally it stops. Then change driver. He tells me the way to switch between modes is through a button(s) under the steering wheel. i probably won't post anything until flipside909 releases his article/vids. no matter how weak my camera is, i'd hate to spoil anything they (flipside and lgwnorcal) have in store.

The sound is very nice. If you can imagine a high-powered V8 Lexus, that's what it sounds like. Very smooth and aggressive. Not too loud and obnoxiouis, but loud enough that you know its packing. Did I mention smooth?

by the way, flipside909, were you the guy walking around with the big camera, flash attached, wearing a black "What is F?" t-shirt? If so, I was the guy in front of you in the IS250 line where they told me a car was available for me but it wasn't so I walked back to the front of the line... If so, hello. haha.

Last edited by *wishlist*; 08-25-07 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-26-07, 01:19 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
What kind of dyno.
Also, what gear was the dyno done in?
450hp on the dyno? Or are you saying 450 is hp without loss?
Do you have a copy of the dyno sheet? I want to see the torque curve.
I like ugly. Does the car look aggressive as hell? How does it compare in tame-ness to E46 M3, E90 M3 (if you've seen the pictures from CAR and Top Gear) as well as the W204 C63 (I believe the W203 C32 and C55 are too bland).

Is the exhaust tinny (crap) sounding like the E46 M3's? Does it have an AMG V8 rumble? Trying to place this using relativity.
The thread title is misleading... It wasn't a dyno test per se - it was a simulated 1/4 mile run on an dyno. So, no numbers to speak of. As far as the OP's guess of 450 hp, that's all it is - a guess. As I've said before, the exhaust note from this car is nothing short of V8 goodness. Remember the Batmobile from Batman Begins? Yeah, it's that good. If I were to place it between the BMW sound and the AMG sound, I'd place it more towards the AMG sound without a doubt...

The look on this guy's face says it all:

Javier
Old 08-26-07, 02:41 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by t0e; 08-26-07 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-26-07, 02:49 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a link with additional pictures of the event and the IS-F dyno test. There is also a youtube vid of a dyno test.

http://www.jpanimal.blogspot.com
Old 08-26-07, 07:01 AM
Manoj
Driver

Shoot...... I should have flown to CA for this event! I didn't knew that they were supposed to give Hands-on experience on IS-F
Old 08-26-07, 07:38 AM
ISF
Driver School Candidate

"The look on this guys face says it all" LOL that's me! I knew I would read some post from some of you that attended last night's Taste of Lexus event! That's funny. The dyno run was definitely exciting. I was amazed at how powerful it felt and we only revved up to 100 mph! This car is one monsterous beast to say the least. I was not too impressed with side view of the car...that hump in the hood takes some getting used to. However, the two-tone interior seats are very nice. Feels comfortable, snug and luxurious. I kept trying to get some info from the Lexus folks there about the specs of the car and they were so tight lipped about everything. The one Lexus guy that was going around asking everyone "Does anyone have any questions?" Well, I asked him the following questions and here's what his responds was:

Q1. How many horses will the F have? A. Over 400 horses. (Duh, I know that) But what did I expect huh? An honest answer? Yeah right...

Q2. How do you think the F compares to the M3? A. It doesn't...Lexus isn't comparing this vehicle to the M3. This car is a combination of a sports sedan without compromising the Lexus luxury quality of car. It's not in the market to compete with the M3. Yeah...right...but then again it is a sedan and not a coupe....unfair comparison in my opinion anyway.

Q3. So what's the high end speed? A. It's fast! (Then he pulls me to the side and whispers to me how fast he's driven it..shhh can't tell) Well, it is fast! LOL

Q4. So why can't we see the dyno run test? A. Well, we haven't released the numbers yet so...I can't tell you....my boss is here!

Q4. How much does it weigh. A. Under 3800 lbs.

Q5. I was told by a Sales Rep at a Lexus dealership that Lexus will only produce 1000 of these suckers...is that true? A. The guys at the dealership don't know that...we won't know for sure until later this year. (My guess is that we'll all know once all the auto makers showcase their 08' models at the LA convention Center on November 16-25 See ya there!)

Those were my only questions for the most part. This event was ok...not the best...the one I went to last year at Dodger stadium was waaaay better, better food, better cars...well they had the new S class Mercedes along with the LS460, GS 450H etc. to test drive. I guess since it was a night event they only made available some of the cars which sucks in my opinion. Overall it was worth it just to see the IS F. My gut feeling is that Lexus is going to blow it by making it 415 bhp as opposed to 420-430 bhp...not that it makes that much of a difference but for bragging rights it'll be cool to see on paper
Old 08-26-07, 08:33 AM
vip3r1850
Driver

Geez that thing shifts so fast . . . amazing
Old 08-26-07, 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah very nice, but can't see any dyno numbers, sigh.....

well at least more people get to sit and "drive" the car, haha
Old 08-26-07, 09:26 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,407 Posts

Drat! You missed one other important question - is there a top speed limiter like the IS350 and IS250 have? It would suck to have all that power and be limited to 142 or 155 mph....
Old 08-26-07, 09:29 AM
vip3r1850
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Drat! You missed one other important question - is there a top speed limiter like the IS350 and IS250 have? It would suck to have all that power and be limited to 142 or 155 mph....
it better be 176 . . . 178 would be nicer
Old 08-26-07, 09:32 AM
LexFather

Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 08-26-07, 11:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Manoj
Shoot...... I should have flown to CA for this event! I didn't knew that they were supposed to give Hands-on experience on IS-F
As I explained in a different thread a few weeks ago, there will be other opportunities in the other markets. I will let you guys know when they are.
Old 08-26-07, 11:47 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF
"The look on this guys face says it all" LOL that's me! I knew I would read some post from some of you that attended last night's Taste of Lexus event! That's funny...
I wish I would have known you were a CL member, I would have liked to have met you! I was in the group right behind you along with about 10 other CL members. I swear last night felt like a SoCal CL meet, there were so many of us there.

Javier

Quick Reply: WOW! IS-F Dyno test